Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Pinkman

Depression

7 hours ago, Lionator said:

Has anybody ever tried Citalopram, I've been prescribed it but I've been putting off taking it for several weeks now due to the side effects?

I felt sleepy when I first started so I only take at night now. Also it takes a few weeks to kick in don't expect immediate results. I also made the mistake of thinking I'm better now and stopped taking it after a few months which was a big mistake and went down hill quick again. Stick to it, it does work.

11 minutes ago, srbfox said:

Life is just a ballache at the moment! Lost count how many times I go to sleep wishing I don't fecking wake up. 

I hear ya mate.

I'm not particularly religious but I'm convinced there's an afterlife. And I'm convinced it'll be a damn site better than this life.

I can't wait tbh. I'm quite looking forward to experiencing whatever's next. Maybe I'll be re-incarnated as a dog or something - who knows.

I find modern life one big mighty fvck off ballache most days. If it's not the wife, it's the mother, or the kids, or twaty clients, or money, or the weather, or stress, or ill health etc, etc.

I'm such a moaning cvnt these days - sorry. I wish you well mate. I'm sure there's lots of things in life we should both be grateful for. We just need to keep constantly reminding ourselves I guess..

1 hour ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I hear ya mate.

I'm not particularly religious but I'm convinced there's an afterlife. And I'm convinced it'll be a damn site better than this life.

I can't wait tbh. I'm quite looking forward to experiencing whatever's next. Maybe I'll be re-incarnated as a dog or something - who knows.

I find modern life one big mighty fvck off ballache most days. If it's not the wife, it's the mother, or the kids, or twaty clients, or money, or the weather, or stress, or ill health etc, etc.

I'm such a moaning cvnt these days - sorry. I wish you well mate. I'm sure there's lots of things in life we should both be grateful for. We just need to keep constantly reminding ourselves I guess..

I always think if anything like that ever does actually happen I bet I'll be reincarnated as something with either a real short ****ing life or something that has a real hard life lol

Not that I suffer from depression thankfully but I certainly agree that life seems to be one big ballache. I can guarantee if I ever feel like I'm doing well money wise something will come along where I have to pay loads out. 

Seems like I'm stressing daily about most the things you mention above! 

I really Feel for everyone who is suffering. For those who don't see any point or reason, I can only recommend trying to stop and really enjoy the good moments. Lame as it may sound, stop, take the mental photo, make the whole click noise and try to remember the feeling and look back at those "photos.

There is good ahead.

Edited by ozleicester
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, srbfox said:

Life is just a ballache at the moment! Lost count how many times I go to sleep wishing I don't fecking wake up. 

Many of us have had times like that but if you compare the number of nights when you wanted to wake up in the morning to those when you didn't (and please take the whole of your life for this review) you'll find that the times when you wanted it to end are a very small minority.  So it's usually worth battling through the bad times to get the good ones again.  I've had times when my first thought in the morning was 'How am I going to get through today?'.  No prospect of change seemed likely and I was very down.  Years later I don't feel like that any more.  Just because I couldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel didn't mean that it wasn't there.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I hear ya mate.

Many people believe in an afterlife, despite there being scant evidence to support this (and for those who disagree please start another thread on this topic rather than filling this thread with religious argument, I'm only stating this in respect of its relation to depression).  I find it more convincing that there is nothing more than this life and so concentrate all my efforts on making it as good as I can.  Sometimes life is hard, and when it's hard for a prolonged period it's easy to think that there must be something better, but if we allow ourselves to think that way then IMO we can diminish our own resolve to hold on to this life and to make the best of every day.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Nobody has come forward. I have a few suspicions but I'm not discussing it openly here. 

14 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

This. One of the reasons I've not laid it all out here is because there could be people who know who I am. 

As you say, an alter ego is effectively anonymous in this context

Even if done out of concern, it's still wrong. 

The reason this thread works is because people who may not otherwise speak out feel safe to do so.

Exactly the reason a few pages ago I couldn't post what I wanted to, I did send Carl the Llama a message about the problems I was going through but because too many people know who I am in "real life" I couldn't properly write what I wanted to in here which is rather sad as it might even help someone long term going through the same thing.

5 hours ago, MattP said:

Exactly the reason a few pages ago I couldn't post what I wanted to, I did send Carl the Llama a message about the problems I was going through but because too many people know who I am in "real life" I couldn't properly write what I wanted to in here which is rather sad as it might even help someone long term going through the same thing.

Unfortunately, that's the limitation here, despite the intention of this thread (someone asking for advice/guidance in a stressful situation/unhappy mindset).

PMing someone reliable and helpful in general on here generally does seem the best, more private, way of sharing such sensitive stuff that's impacting on one's life.

But I don't see the problem, even if someone you know could be reading what you've put; it'll show them that individuals they know are willing to reveal what their negative thought patterns are, and that they are trying to seek necessary support etc in the view that, eventually and with patience, they'll feel better in themselves.

Depends on whether affected individuals wish to share something that is sadly part of their life at current and may not see writing on a thread in people you don't (or probably don't) know as a way forward to them.

Personally I'm careful not to reveal the problems affecting me at present as I know a handful of employees at the club know I use this site and comment on certain threads and don't wish to state on such a sensitive topic in case they share to others etc.

Though, depression shouldn't be 'confidential', by keeping it too private - as it's likely the more you seek out in revealing how you feel to those you trust, the better chance people care about how you're feeling and could actually help and direct you to an improved mindset.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

I don't really mind posting here, I don't really mind people that know me "in real life" knowing I have issues with my mental health, it's not completely a secret. Most of my immediate coworkers realise something is different in me the last few months. 

I just obviously was a little bit more candid than I perhaps should have been. 

37 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I don't really mind posting here, I don't really mind people that know me "in real life" knowing I have issues with my mental health, it's not completely a secret. Most of my immediate coworkers realise something is different in me the last few months. 

I just obviously was a little bit more candid than I perhaps should have been. 

I don't either, but some things you should have a right to a certain level of privacy and a thread like this is certainly one of them.

Why don't you just ask her who mentioned it to her? Make up an excuse as to why you need to know, if someone had done this about this me I'd be desperate to find out and have a word with them as it's out of order, even if they were trying to do it for the right reasons.

12 minutes ago, MattP said:

I don't either, but some things you should have a right to a certain level of privacy and a thread like this is certainly one of them.

Why don't you just ask her who mentioned it to her? Make up an excuse as to why you need to know, if someone had done this about this me I'd be desperate to find out and have a word with them as it's out of order, even if they were trying to do it for the right reasons.

She won't tell me. 

I assume she either thinks I'll fly off the handle at whoever it was (fair) or there is always an outside chance she came on here and read it herself, although that's less likely as I don't think it'd occur to her we even have a depression thread on here let alone I'd be posting in it but that would make my outburst fairly amusing*. 

Given that her overriding emotion at the time was a mixture of fury and crying her eyes out that A. I'd been suicidal and B. I hadn't told her myself, it wasn't really the best of times to keep pressing for a name. 

It's not something I've wanted to discuss since with her. 

(*hi babe <3 <3 xx etc) 

Edited by Finnegan

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

She won't tell me. 

I assume she either thinks I'll fly off the handle at whoever it was (fair) or there is always an outside chance she came on here and read it herself, although that's less likely as I don't think it'd occur to her we even have a depression thread on here let alone I'd be posting in it but that would make my outburst fairly amusing*. 

Given that her overriding emotion at the time was a mixture of fury and crying her eyes out that A. I'd been suicidal and B. I hadn't told her myself, it wasn't really the best of times to keep pressing for a name. 

It's not something I've wanted to discuss since with her. 

(*hi babe <3 <3 xx etc) 

Is it possible that she knows you post on here so has decided to read what's written on here to see if you've mentioned her?

On 9/13/2017 at 07:39, MattP said:

ITS OK TO BE A TORY!  SAY IT WITH ME! :)

*joke -  not intended to start a discussion on politics in here.

Edited by Jon the Hat
  • Haha 2

Regarding Clarke Carlisle, hope he's somewhere safe, now the night is starting to come.

On a personal level, sometimes mood/thoughts can decline from this time onwards until the next day. It can be testing for sure.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

Really struggling at the moment on how to help my girlfriend. I've mentioned before that she suffers quite severely with both anxiety and depression. Although I thought she had it under control this past week has been horrendous. 

She doesn't talk as much as she used to. Her confidence has completely gone. She's become quite blunt & straight to the point which is not in her nature at all. 

Shes over worrying over the tiniest of things, whether she's upset people, whether she's good enough to be with me. Repeatedly tells me if things get too much then to walk away as I've not experienced how bad things get before & she knows they're going to get worse but firstly I don't feel like I want to leave her & secondly it then makes me question whether she actually wants to be with me when she keeps making these comments. 

I care a lot for her but I'm starting to feel like it's getting me down a little. Anything I say doesn't seem to really help. 

If I ask her if she wants me to talk to her I just get 'I don't mind'. It's all very confusing as I don't know if I should step back and not message her but I don't want her to feel like she's in this alone. 

Especially as she's said before that her ex used to be quite reassuring in this situation.