Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCFOX6190

NO DRINKWATER

yes, so will i. can't not. 

do you really think the fact he had an average game on friday is the reason he isn't going? barkley played for about 20 minutes across both warm up games and probably didn't complete a pass. sturridge was injured for them both! let's not pretend they did enough to prove their worth in these friendlies either. the fact drinkwater played nearly every game and was fantastic from august to may for the champions of england should surely count more than one 5/10 performance in a friendly where nobody really impressed. 

but it didn't, because the media didn't want it to. 

Certainly won't be looking to transfer my loyalty to another team like a few on Twitter are suggesting. At the end of the day DD wouldn't have started even if he'd been in the squad.

I think my anger is mainly aimed at how there's seemingly no motivation for players like Drinkwater anymore. What else could he do. He literally couldn't have had a better league campaign, and yet is dropped as soon as Roy's favourites become available. That's fine if your favourites are reliable and trusted in a suitable formation but, well, we know they're injury prone in whatever formation suits including Rooney.

This is about woefully exposing our central midfield to injury. Games just five days apart, the potential of 30 degree heat and intensity and we're left with midfielders who don't have a great track record. It's a concern, one which I'm worried about.

It was predictable and expected, but there was some sliver RH would see the options and think "you know, I might well need him"

As a journalist said on Twitter, Milner won't start, nor will he change a game, why is he selected other than on favouritism.

All we know is RH has to get this spot on now. This is his third and hopefully last tournament. No more excuses.

One last thing on this HOW THE HELL ARE WE 4th FAVOURITES?!?! The whole set up is a shambles, glad I'm going on holiday for 2 weeks we'll be out by the time I get back.

Come on Wales (for King) Austria (for Fuchs) France (Kante) 

Where's Simpson, Albrighton, Drinkwater and Morgan?? nowhere because that would mean dropping big names that sell shirts. it seems England care more about money than winning things. **** em lads.

Ermmmmm :unsure::shutup:    :doh:

Here we go - 52 years of hurt.  He's taken all the risky options - it had better pay off.

The only time England have taken a risk by sticking with Hurst rather than putting in a unfit Greaves and look how that turned out!

I was just about to get an England Flag but i will not be backing the boy just backing Vardy if and thats a big IF he plays Vardy but i cant see that happening at all maybe if wr are losing and ge wants someone to blame cos hes a dildo

Wow... what a decision by Hodgson. Feel sorry for Drinkwater and Vardy to some extent.

Hodgson will go defensive in the tournament, so got a feeling he will play Kane as a lone striker, so got a feeling Jamie won't get much action either.

On a positive note, they come back to city, fresh for a European tour

Danny Drinkwater was instrumental in the side that cruised the Championship.

Danny Drinkwater was instrumental in the side that shocked the world in winning the Premier League.

Jack Wilshere hasn't played a full 90 minutes of first team action all season.

Yet the FA and deluded ***** like Roy wonder why England haven't won a tournament since 66?!?

**** you Roy. You owl faced ****. You're a football dinosaur.

Didn't play well enough when given the chance.

Can hardly blame Roy.

Shows where we're going wrong when you can play out of your skin all season but then be deemed not good enough from one friendly where nobody played well.

Now the best team in England (said through gritted teeth slightly lol) has one player going to the Euros, and he'll either be on the bench or out of position.

We've got a few more going, Mr Sheep-worrier :scarf:

Suppose for a moment kante and mahrez were english. Woy would cut them from the squad in favour of lallana and an unfit willshere.

One is PFA player of the year and the other players player of the season. And both got into the PFA team of the year, and both are better players than Drinkwater. Mahrez and Kante would both start if they were English.

Reason Lallana goes is cos he does the job Welbeck would have done. I'd taken Lallana. Henderson I agree is a mystery. Drinkwater should be ahead of him. The whole squad is very unbalanced. The CB situation is bizarre. England have had 2 years to sort out the formations and tactics and style and we're still none the wiser from 2 year a ago.

The only time England have taken a risk by sticking with Hurst rather than putting in a unfit Greaves and look how that turned out!

Spot on.  Saw an interview with Hurst recently - I didn't realise until then that his first cap was in February 1966 !!

One is PFA player of the year and the other players player of the season. And both got into the PFA team of the year, and both are better players than Drinkwater. Mahrez and Kante would both start if they were English.

Reason Lallana goes is cos he does the job Welbeck would have done. I'd taken Lallana. Henderson I agree is a mystery. Drinkwater should be ahead of him. The whole squad is very unbalanced. The CB situation is bizarre. England have had 2 years to sort out the formations and tactics and style and we're still none the wiser from 2 year a ago.

One natural winger in sterling, whats the odds vardy on the left to accommodate 

When asked why he has picked players who are out of form, unfit or have had terrible seasons the senile old fool will carp on about' oh I will pick players who have done it for us in the past and have helped get us here'.

So how do you explain rashford selection? Do you think if he'd been playing for Bournemouth and got the record he has got for United he'd be going to the euros? Disgraceful. Undeserved. Why does he deserve to go over deeney or carroll or callum wilson?

England squad is a closed shop and this is why we will never ever be successful.

lol lol lol

Can't wait for England to fail yet again. I can't believe people still get excited about tournament football when England are involved.

Until they change the way they go about things England won't ever win fvck all. Stop picking players because of who they play for instead pick players on form and maybe just maybe they might have a chance of winning something.

Archived