Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grewks

Daniel Amartey

10 minutes ago, lennybhoy said:

From what I've seen of Dan especially in HK,I think there is massive potential there.He is still a young guy,give him a chance..people are too quick to judge new foreign players.A certain period of settling in and adjusting has to be allowed for especially with new players.Now Musa,I may make an exception...?

Amartey has been at the club now for one and a half seasons. This argument about 'settling in' is ridiculous. Ndidi took approx 5 games to settle in.

Don't really see where he fits in now with a fit James and new signing Iborra, he won't get a look in in midfield plus he's not convinced me as a right back and Shakey seems reluctant to play him at centre half.

I'd send him back to Copenhagen on a season long loan, maybe a season playing 40 or so matches there will show us why we bought him in the first place.

IIRC Maguire played a few games at right back for Dull last season although we're a bit desperate if we're playing him there.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Amartey has been at the club now for one and a half seasons. This argument about 'settling in' is ridiculous. Ndidi took approx 5 games to settle in.

Everyone is different,I accept that, but I just have a feeling that this guy is going to prove the doubters wrong .Surely we all hope for this..

17 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Danny Drinkwater, Jamie Vardy and Danny Simpson. These took over a year to settle in, not really that ridiculous.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, matty98 said:

Danny Drinkwater, Jamie Vardy and Danny Simpson. These took over a year to settle in, not really that ridiculous.

As I said, I can't see Amartey playing CM or CB and I'd much rather we signed a very good RB to give Simpson some proper competition. I'm surprised more City fans don't want this. Though, on here, less so of course.

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

As I said, I can't see Amartey playing CM or CB and I'd much rather we signed a very good RB to give Simpson some proper competition. I'm surprised more City fans don't want this. Though, on here, less so of course.

Where has anyone said they wouldn't like a good RB to give Simpson some competition? You can want a new RB and Amartey to come good aswell, they're not mutually exclusive.

52 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Absolutely - you only have to look no further than Musa...oh wait

His major problem is he doesn't appear to have a position.

He is maybe 6th choice CM, 6th choice CB and not really a RB.

I think a loan out to the championship or a Huddersfield/ Brighton where he might be able to play week in week out.

A few cameos here and there and he will never come on.

I like the idea of loaning him out. He has physicality but doesn't seem to use it properly. He needs a bit of a killer instinct to drive on in midfield or to tackle harder. Definitely shouldn't ever play left back imo. 

Feel rather sorry for him.

Has been average, yes, but it seems like he's being heavily judged all the time and that not many think he'll be able to improve (given a bit more time).

I hope he does step up as he's not far off than some think in terms of defensiveness.

He just hasn't been settled in a particular position and just slotted in to give others a rest during an appropriate period.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

17 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

His major problem is he doesn't appear to have a position.

He is maybe 6th choice CM, 6th choice CB and not really a RB.

I think a loan out to the championship or a Huddersfield/ Brighton where he might be able to play week in week out.

A few cameos here and there and he will never come on.

I imagine they will be setting their sights a little higher.

24 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Feel rather sorry for him.

Has been average, yes, but it seems like he's being heavily judged all the time and that not many think he'll be able to improve (given a bit more time).

I hope he does step up as he's not far off than some think in terms of defensiveness.

He just hasn't been settled in a particular position and just slotted in to give others a rest during an appropriate period.

I think the opposite. Honestly.

I believe people are just itching to see Amartey have a really good game, so that they can say I told you so and that he only needed time and that he'll click eventually and all that. Basically, add the most apt phrase here.

The problem is he hasn't had such a game for God knows how long, so it's more difficult to realistically make this argument.

I think the City fans (well the FT faithful) have been incredibly patient towards a player who has been no better at the club than Musa, whereas the latter receives incredible amounts of stick.

But I've said before, the way people take to one player (eg. Willing to give him time) and not to another is interesting.

If they both stay at the club this season, I can genuinely envisage Musa having a bigger impact at the club than Amartey.

Edited by Col city fan

It's sad because he doesn't seem like he's very good at football. Seems like an honest guy with decent physicality but too timid to bully players, not imposing enough to dictate play, not tenacious enough to get stuck in and not intelligent enough to track runners and fill the space. He's not a wizard on the ball who can pick a pass either - he doesn't come across like someone who fits in at all. I don't think versatility is a reason to fill a squad place, personally - hopefully he proves me wrong.

Slagging off players over perfectly fine pre season fitness games.

Only on FoxesTalk.

If Shakespeare deems him good enough backup to Simpson then so should everyone else. He's been kept around long enough now for people to accept that he adds value to the squad.

Stop being overly critical of the guy, he's done a solid if unspectacular job so far in his time with us, and there is still time for him to improve.

21 hours ago, lennybhoy said:

From what I've seen of Dan especially in HK,I think there is massive potential there.He is still a young guy,give him a chance..people are too quick to judge new foreign players.A certain period of settling in and adjusting has to be allowed for especially with new players.Now Musa,I may make an exception...?

I never understand why some players are given time by fans and some aren't. Amartey has been underwhelming and here longer than Musa but people want to keep Amartey and are baying to sell Musa. And fans want to sell our best per minute goal scorer from last season yet want to give Amartey more and more time. And people talk about Amartey's potential yet when you see Slimani's actualised potential there are nothing but begrudging grumbles from some. It's just odd.

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

I never understand why some players are given time by fans and some aren't. Amartey has been underwhelming and here longer than Musa but people want to keep Amartey and are baying to sell Musa. And fans want to sell our best per minute goal scorer from last season yet want to give Amartey more and more time. And people talk about Amartey's potential yet when you see Slimani's actualised potential there are nothing but begrudging grumbles from some. It's just odd.

Think the transfer fees might have something to do with that and whether the players in question will ever deliver value for money.

9 minutes ago, Ian S said:

Think the transfer fees might have something to do with that and whether the players in question will ever deliver value for money.

Yeah, I agree. But I find that odd too. When we were paying championship money we didn't always get what we wanted. Now we're playing champions league money we don't always get perfect, instant fits either.

On 24/07/2017 at 00:16, EnglishOxide said:

Slagging off players over perfectly fine pre season fitness games.

Only on FoxesTalk.

If Shakespeare deems him good enough backup to Simpson then so should everyone else. He's been kept around long enough now for people to accept that he adds value to the squad.

Stop being overly critical of the guy, he's done a solid if unspectacular job so far in his time with us, and there is still time for him to improve.

Spot on totally agree with you. 

Right now I'd keep him around purely for the versatility. He never seems to be far away from the first 11 - whether that's a symptom of injuries or Shakey just preferring him. He can't be costing us that much either. Keep him, play him, he'll keep getting better. He's still very young.

So pretty much keep doing what we're doing with him.

• Like 1

He's shown good skills over the time he's been here, especially at CM. Just before he went to AFCON he was our best player. Then he played CB for a month at AFCON and when he came back we had Ndidi and Drinky settled in CM. For some reason (well the obvious reason that we only have 1 RB and he's average) Shakey has since tried to shoehorn amartey into the RB position which really isn't his.

Now we have at least half a dozen CMs all of about the same decent/good quality, so it'll be difficult for amartey to get the PT. It maybe best to loan him out, he is young as has the makings of a good player. We don't need to sell our young players with good potential, let's stockpile and see what happens.