Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Kasper Schmeichel

18 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

I think Puel must have told him not to punt it long so often, and to pass it out short from the back, but I think that’s outside his comfort zone.

I'm sure he has, but the way he's going about it is awful. He keeps kicking it to about the edge of the centre circle, but we have loads of players ahead of the ball still. If the oppo wins it (as man city did against us), it just lets them break against you with loads of space.

A whole rethink is needed, he's been doing it a lot this season and the negatives for me outweigh the positive. If you want to play it short, get someone to come back for the ball. This caught inbetween a punt and a short kick is failing.

• Like 2

He had an alright first half but a shocker in the second on Saturday.

Regarding his kicking yes its not great but not exactly the easist thing to do kick a ball 50 yards to the winger it makes me laugh when people moan that it goes over players head, you try and smash a dead ball that far to perfectly meet a player, if it was a player spreading the ball like that we stand up and clap them!

We dont kick down the middle as Vardy is never going to win the ball against the majority of centre halves. I like the idea that we build from the back but sometimes it is best to clear your lines and regroup this can be said about our full backs (espically Chilwell) just get rid of the dam thing hit the line worst case give your self chance to get the line up. We dont have anyone about 6ft (maybe just with n'didi) in the whole of midfield / attack so its pretty hard to not build from the back or you are just going to give it to the opponent to start attacking again.

One thing i have noticed though is his distance. When we used to play on the counter and he kicked it quick he could reach the other 18 yard line now he rarely gets that distance these kicks seems to stop since last season when we was out for so long with that injury maybe it never fully recovered. Surely we are better if we are going to go long to thump it to the other 18 yard line rather than half way and even if we dont win the first header we can at least try and win the second ball.

2 hours ago, goose2010 said:

He had an alright first half but a shocker in the second on Saturday.

Regarding his kicking yes its not great but not exactly the easist thing to do kick a ball 50 yards to the winger it makes me laugh when people moan that it goes over players head, you try and smash a dead ball that far to perfectly meet a player, if it was a player spreading the ball like that we stand up and clap them!

We dont kick down the middle as Vardy is never going to win the ball against the majority of centre halves. I like the idea that we build from the back but sometimes it is best to clear your lines and regroup this can be said about our full backs (espically Chilwell) just get rid of the dam thing hit the line worst case give your self chance to get the line up. We dont have anyone about 6ft (maybe just with n'didi) in the whole of midfield / attack so its pretty hard to not build from the back or you are just going to give it to the opponent to start attacking again.

One thing i have noticed though is his distance. When we used to play on the counter and he kicked it quick he could reach the other 18 yard line now he rarely gets that distance these kicks seems to stop since last season when we was out for so long with that injury maybe it never fully recovered. Surely we are better if we are going to go long to thump it to the other 18 yard line rather than half way and even if we dont win the first header we can at least try and win the second ball.

The only problem is that before ever game home and away he drills the ball right and left with some success, during a game its always to high also he is very slow to throw the ball out , sometimes he dithers in the box and will not throw it , not comparing them but his dad was the opposite and rarely kicked the ball out when he could throw it more accurately, all players have bad games and this was one of his worst but im sure he will bounce back from it

Saved us many points over the years, cost us many points over the years.

I do think in the way he comes across sometimes in the media and how he acts on the pitch he perhaps thinks he's much better than what he really is.

Been brilliant for us regardless but a long way from faultless.

9 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

I do think in the way he comes across sometimes in the media and how he acts on the pitch he perhaps thinks he's much better than what he really is.

Yes you are correct, But brilliant is not a word I would use for him, Competent with room for improvement  I feel suits him better. He doesn't seem to be moving like he used to and getting crazy looking blocks on shots. He's also stopped coming for crosses again. It's like he has good days and feels supremely confident, Then other days when he's just rooted to the goal line.

Anyone missed MOTD last night should look at Newcastle's Keepers playing his first game on loan. Outstanding performance and available for 4 million apparently and only 23 / 24 years of age, 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Anyone missed MOTD last night should look at Newcastle's Keepers playing his first game on loan. Outstanding performance and available for 4 million apparently and only 23 / 24 years of age, 

He's 29. If anything we should try to get Young Gunn out of Norwich.

33 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Agree with this, great shot stopper, but has many flaws to his game.

Problem is your probably right he and some fans probably think he’s better than he is. and add to that a serious lack of competition, perfect breeding ground for complacency.

Another that’s part of the great period in our history, but when out of form shouldn’t get a freebie from criticism.

Part of a defence that needs rebuilding, for many reasons, due to age etc, not going to be dramatic and say after a shocker he needs replacing, but I really hope we sign someone who could take his place, and let him fight for his spot, as it’s all very comfortable for him at present 

1 hour ago, NewEnglandFox said:

He's 29. If anything we should try to get Young Gunn out of Norwich.

Good keeper but he is a Man City player on loan at Norwich. I imagine they will not be wanting to sell him and they have him out on loan only to gain experience.

4 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Good keeper but he is a Man City player on loan at Norwich. I imagine they will not be wanting to sell him and they have him out on loan only to gain experience.

I'm the complete opposite. Look at Pep and the lengths he went to get Bravo and Ederson. I doubt Gunn is even on his radar. There isn't room for Ederson and Gunn in the same squad, especially if the latter wants to be England's #1.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

I haven't seen him play but if he's any good then maybe we could get him as part of the possible Mahrez deal in the Summer.

• Like 1

Wow. That's an awful piece of analysis on Schmeichel. 

He had a bad game against Man City. Every player can have them. But Schmeichel is worth 10 points a season to us and is a leader in the dressing room. There aren't many keepers in the premier league I'd swap him for. 

Danny Mills shows once again he is probably the worst pundit around. Below Don Goodman in the list of pundits. 

47 minutes ago, breadandcheese said:

Wow. That's an awful piece of analysis on Schmeichel. 

He had a bad game against Man City. Every player can have them. But Schmeichel is worth 10 points a season to us and is a leader in the dressing room. There aren't many keepers in the premier league I'd swap him for. 

Danny Mills shows once again he is probably the worst pundit around. Below Don Goodman in the list of pundits. 

Not sure I agree he adds 10 points

it could be argued the opposite,

positional sense from free kicks.

how he commands his area during corners.

Distribution.

i think there are a lot more negatives to his game than positives.

His reactions were previously top draw I’m not so sure this year. 

He has achieved an awful lot in his career, but 100 percent he needs challenging to up his game or be replaced by next season.

5 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Not sure I agree he adds 10 points

it could be argued the opposite,

positional sense from free kicks.

how he commands his area during corners.

Distribution.

i think there are a lot more negatives to his game than positives.

His reactions were previously top draw I’m not so sure this year. 

He has achieved an awful lot in his career, but 100 percent he needs challenging to up his game or be replaced by next season.

Agreed. Kasper is having a bad season. I'm not sure how anyone can disagree. 

Yes, we don't have anyone better currently to play instead, but he's still having a bad season.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Charl91 said:

That is one of the worst pieces of "analysis" I have ever seen. No exaggeration.

00;20 to 00;24  "..shouting at people as a young lad never goes down well with senior pros"

Daft comment!    If they're not doing their job properly, they should be told...!  

Heard so many coaches/ex-players cricticising young players for NOT being vocal enough and being intimidated when they 'step-up' with the seniors.....and then you hear the legendary Danny Mills cricicising a young kid for being vocal and upsetting the senior "snowflakes".. 

Lazy and cheap comments

:schmike:

• Like 1

I agree his form has dropped significantly this season - seems a long time ago but we were worried Man Utd might be trying to sign him if De Gea left for R Madrid. No chance of utd wanting him on current form. In the Autumn of 2014 he was also amking mistakes, when he got injured playing for Denmark. He came back from that even better - was that because Hamer was doing well.

I think that considering his experience and strength he should be able to dominate his box more - this part of his game has not improved over the past 6 seasons. This season he has been at fault with poor positioning on free kicks and his distribution is  now as bad as the other keepers.

Could Stowell be doing more? Probably yes

1 hour ago, Foxy-Lady said:

00;20 to 00;24  "..shouting at people as a young lad never goes down well with senior pros"

Daft comment!    If they're not doing their job properly, they should be told...!  

Heard so many coaches/ex-players cricticising young players for NOT being vocal enough and being intimidated when they 'step-up' with the seniors.....and then you hear the legendary Danny Mills cricicising a young kid for being vocal and upsetting the senior "snowflakes".. 

Lazy and cheap comments

:schmike:

Translates as. When I had made the England squad and thought I was Billy big bollocks I didn't like the fact some young upstart that would go on to have a pretty decent career shouting at me.

• Like 1

On 12/02/2018 at 17:44, Clever Fox said:

Yes you are correct, But brilliant is not a word I would use for him, Competent with room for improvement  I feel suits him better. He doesn't seem to be moving like he used to and getting crazy looking blocks on shots. He's also stopped coming for crosses again. It's like he has good days and feels supremely confident, Then other days when he's just rooted to the goal line.

Ok let's ignore the fact hes not 23 or 24. Newcastle have an option to buy for that price probably based on the loan fee they are paying. There is a reason he's closer to 30 and he's playing in a 2nd rate League.

And I watched motd2 and they manaed to make a meal of him catching ONE cross.

There's plenty of players who can look good on a highlights package or on the back of one game.

Kasper has never commanded his area. So this shouldn't be a shock to any of us. What we need to do is work out how to fix it. He could still play at the top level for another decade.