Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

21 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Bilic is probably one of most overrated premier league managers of all time and never got the jype with him.

Loads of football hipsters were rimming him when he got appointed just because he did OK at Croatia a decade ago and had glimpses of being insightful on TV.

Not surprised this ended in tears, the biggest shame is that he didnt finish the job and send West Ham down.

tbf I don't think the blame lays all on Billic tbh. Owners definitely threw him under the bus and his players have been underperforming, definitely a victim of his own success in the first season he had. Overrated of all time is definitely a step to far, but would certainly agree with being overrated

37 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

It's amazing how he has stood still. It's happened to Wenger - who was once way ahead of the league - and now watching Mourinho sides are totally different to a decade ago in the PL, or whenever he was first at Chelsea. They were great to watch and had many a flair play (Joe Cole etc). But United don't seem to create anything without Pogba and Mata - the last two times I've seen United on tv that Mikitarian is one of several players to just ghost through the games.

They aren't as good as Manchester City, Chelsea or Spurs.

But the media, as always loving United, had them down as Champions by September and Lukaku seemed the best thing to happen to them in years. Wonder if they've all changed their minds yet. 

Lukaku kept up his record of scoring in every game for them yesterday I see.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Bye bye Bilic

Hello David Moyes lol

They could seriously drop with him in charge. Please please please happen. I used to not mind them but I can't stand what they've become. Totally soulless club and the worst owners in the league.

Look forward to the day they're in a proper ground again.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Lukaku kept up his record of scoring in every game for them yesterday I see.

They kept going on about this yet he didn’t even score against us!

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

They kept going on about this yet he didn’t even score against us!

Lukaku could have scored against us if he scored that pen.

I think that they will do better overall with Pogba in the team and that their full starting XI is better than Spurs back to front.

36 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Bilic is probably one of most overrated premier league managers of all time and never got the jype with him.

Loads of football hipsters were rimming him when he got appointed just because he did OK at Croatia a decade ago and had glimpses of being insightful on TV.

Not surprised this ended in tears, the biggest shame is that he didnt finish the job and send West Ham down.

Tbf Bilic took West Ham to their best finish in decades. Also it's hard to work under those owners.

Chelsea fans rejoice!! Michael Emenalo has finally been fired!

Not sure what this means for Conte's long term future, could well mean an extra few years, could also mean Chelsea have cleared out Emeneko because Ancelotti doesn't want to work with him again. 

Emenalo has been responsible for some shocking decisions and has overseen an academy produce talent only to sell it. It's a miracle he has lasted so long.

EDIT: Apparently may have resigned, great news for Chelsea fans either way.

Edited by AjcW
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, MattP said:

I still can't believe how many people on here were declaring Man Utd as the champions after they beat us, they are flat track bullies and will finish below Chelsea and Spurs imo.

They are very average and Jose is now ten years behind the top coaches in the way he manages.

They're far from dead and missing Pogba in the middle. The season is still long, winning the title might be jeopardized but they'll finish in the top three.

1 hour ago, Koke said:

What do West Ham fans expect?

That they're still playing at Upton Park. :ph34r:

They've lost all my sympathies and their soul with the move to the Olympic Stadium.

West Ham today is an assembly of fancy foreign names that lacks cohesion, team spirit and dedication. It's turned into a faceless relic.

3 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Bang on, they can bully the Bournemouth's of the like all they like, but they'll always set up like a Pulis side against the big boys and their record shows for it. In comparison to Manchester City who play their style no matter who the opposition and show no fear. I think they'll still finish 2nd mind,  probably a carabao cup as well to keep his job 

Good post. Though Guardiola has had luxuries that few others have in effectively being able to buy anyone he wants, he's great at developing players and stamping his authority on a club. As great as Man City have been this season, IMO there are many weak parts to their team (Stones, Otamendi, Delph) or players that are OK that are playing much better for him (Sterling, Sane, Fernandinho). But despite that, his team is playing quality attacking football that is great to watch. If the league stopped today they'd be worthy champions and respect for playing that way even against other top teams.

Man United spend a lot of money but couldn't be further removed from the Ferguson era. Nowhere near as good to watch and other than Rashford, not much emphasis on young players. It is true to say that the last 3 champions have been teams with good defences who are strong on the break, but given the amount of money Man United spend they are bit too pragmatic for my liking.

You can’t beat the other 14 teams and then 0-0 your way to the title anymore. Chelsea were the best champions for a long while and Man City will better them this year - Mourinho’s too reactive.

Has anybody read the The Mixer? Good read which reveals that Mourinho probably hasn’t evolved.

55 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Chelsea fans rejoice!! Michael Emenalo has finally been fired!

Not sure what this means for Conte's long term future, could well mean an extra few years, could also mean Chelsea have cleared out Emeneko because Ancelotti doesn't want to work with him again. 

Emenalo has been responsible for some shocking decisions and has overseen an academy produce talent only to sell it. It's a miracle he has lasted so long.

EDIT: Apparently may have resigned, great news for Chelsea fans either way.

Man responsible for bringing in the likes of Hazard, Lukaku, Courtois, Kante, Azpilicueta, Fabregas, Costa, Morata, Matic, Mata, Oscar, Willian and De Bruyne.

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

They've lost all my sympathies and their soul with the move to the Olympic Stadium.

West Ham today is an assembly of fancy foreign names that lacks cohesion, team spirit and dedication. It's turned into a faceless relic.

But it says London on their badge?

47 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Man responsible for bringing in the likes of Hazard, Lukaku, Courtois, Kante, Azpilicueta, Fabregas, Costa, Morata, Matic, Mata, Oscar, Willian and De Bruyne.

I'm really not going to have this discussion with you again. 

Got us next though on Sky.

So bound to win that!

Lot of their fans still seemed to blame the home woes on the fact the Olympic Staduim isn't Upton Park and they cannot have a good old knees up in the stands...

Maybe that is just a dig at the owners and sympathy has been with Bilic?

Edited by Super_horns

18 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Got us next though on Sky.

So bound to win that!

Lot of their fans still seemed to blame the home woes on the fact the Olympic Staduim isn't Upton Park and they cannot have a good old knees up in the stands...

Maybe that is just a dig at the owners and sympathy has been with Bilic?

I think there's definitely something in the Stadium thing though.

Especially style of play.

Arsenal were incredible at Highbury, like literally edge of your seat box office.

I have no 'of note' memory of them at the Emirates.

I think it'll be the same for West Ham. I used to enjoy their Football and atmosphere at Upton Park.... now there's neither.

They've also invested terribly too, if any club screamed in need of a good Director of Football it's them!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheHitman™ said:

Lukaku could have scored against us if he scored that pen.

I think that they will do better overall with Pogba in the team and that their full starting XI is better than Spurs back to front.

Man U might well have a better set of players on paper than Spurs - they've certainly done their best to buy the title -- but, much as he annoyed me at times in the 15/16 title run in, you have to admit Pochettino has moulded Spurs into more than the sum of their parts, something Mourinho has singularly failed to do at Man U. Imagine Man U  under him going to Real Madrid and playing 2 up front, like Spurs did? He'd have gone there and played for a 0-0. He's a dinosaur.