Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Kasper wanted by Man Utd & Man City

57 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Why would he care if the premier league is interesting? He will be thinking about himself and they best thing for him and his family. 

Because the more people that are interested and follow the premier league, the more money he makes from Schmeichology 5 gloves at 45 quid a pop.

He's changed agent to someone who apparently has strong ties with United and other big clubs home and abroad, this sets alarm bells of straight away as his previous agent that  he has been with for years and sorted his current deal with us last year. Why would you change agent to sit at the same club after singing a new deal months earlier?

:schmike:

1 minute ago, funkyrobot said:

All this talk about Pickford being a potential replacement ffs. He's bang average. His team are rock bottom and the only reason he's hyped up is because he's English. He's another Zieler ability wise. 

reckon you are in the minority - could argue that he isn't the finished article and we need the finished article if we have to   replace KS but to say he is 'bang average' .............

5 hours ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Why would he care if the premier league is interesting? He will be thinking about himself and they best thing for him and his family. 

I don't buy into the best for family thought.. he's earning top dollar now and that wouldn't change massively if he moved, him and his family are set for life. 

I'm confident he will stay. 

17 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

The danger here is things begin to become a house of cards.

I think there is a real concern this may happen. We had a great chance to establish ourselves over the summer and this season and failed to do so. Bad recruitment and in hindsight completely the wrong manager have now left us in a position where we have no more to offer than Southampton or West Ham or other such clubs.

For those players who tasted success and European football they are going to want more of it and who can blame them. I'm not sure how much money really means to these guys any longer. They are all earning fortunes and more money than they can probably spend anyway. However, there comes a time when what surely matters at the end of your career is more about  medals and trophies.

Kasper is surely at that stage of his career now as are other Leicester players. Every player will take a look and question what their club can offer in that respect and right now our prospects don't look that good especially if a top British or European club show an interest. It is easy to see why our best players may well leave over the summer.

At current market rates I would be looking at 30 million for him. Whether we get that is hard to say but a club signing him would have probably no re-sale value so anything above that is unlikely. Also I believe we would need to pay a heft amount to Leeds as a sell-on payment.

If he want to leave he will. Yes we could just refuse but if it results in an unhappy player then is there really a point? What really concerns me is our ability to replace him.

12 hours ago, BlueTillIDie said:

He's changed agent to someone who apparently has strong ties with United and other big clubs home and abroad, this sets alarm bells of straight away as his previous agent that  he has been with for years and sorted his current deal with us last year. Why would you change agent to sit at the same club after singing a new deal months earlier?

:schmike:

Yet his other agent(s) who are based in Derby advised him to leave his old agent.

All agents are going to have ties with other clubs. Until it's confirmed by a credible source that he wants out I wouldn't get too worried.

Clubs are always going to be sniffing around your top performers, that's just football in general.

7 hours ago, Babylon said:

Why would you go Everton when they look likely to lose their two best players in the summer anyway. They would need to do a lot more than a 7th place finish to tempt him surely.

Leicester are well within their rights to tell Everton to feck off, the Manchester clubs is a can of worms though.

Very little chance of Kasper throwing his toys out of the pram because we refuse an Everton offer, not so easy about the bigger clubs though.

The idea of our seasoned players wanting out doesn't surprise me.

You'll have players like King and Morgan who will be happy to end out their careers here a la Elliott and Walsh to a lesser extent and become possible club ambassadors down the line but as we said here after the Atletico 2nd leg that our golden era may be over and that's bound to be in the thoughts of the players.

That would mean we're most at risk of losing Kasper, N'Didi, Mahrez and Vardy.

Kasper is a great keeper but when you have united linked to players like M'Bappe and Griezmann the prospect of winning another Premier League is bound to appeal on top of a lucrative package.

We're biased here but Kasper isnt far off one of the best keepers in the world right now and unfortunately I've accepted that he'll go after the Bournemouth game.

24 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

If we were to lose Kasper to Man Utd yes i would be gutted but i wouldnt blame him. If we were to get 30mill and spend half of that on Pickford then it would soften the blow a bit.

Only lcfc could get 30 mill for kasper then turn around and put in offer for pickford at 15 mill being rebuffed before settling on 30 mill.

22 hours ago, st albans fox said:

reckon you are in the minority - could argue that he isn't the finished article and we need the finished article if we have to   replace KS but to say he is 'bang average' .............

Maybe I am, Pickford's stats don't show him up as anything special at the moment. Judge him as a premier league 1st choice goalkeeper despite his tender years. Then look at the position of his team, the goals against column and the lack of clean sheets. He has some responsibility for this. If you take away the hype, he's not shown that he's anything other than average at best in the league based purely on form right now (age irrespective.) You agree that he's not the finished article so you must have reservations about his game too. 

8 hours ago, goose2010 said:

If we were to lose Kasper to Man Utd yes i would be gutted but i wouldnt blame him. If we were to get 30mill and spend half of that on Pickford then it would soften the blow a bit.

Yeh great, then both our goalies (Zieler and Pickford) will have experienced being bottom of the league and relegated at their last clubs before Leicester. Aim high eh? 

He was just on the PL show

Basically said he's got a taste for CL football now and wants to experience it again.

He believes he can achieve it with Leicester but i get the feeling if he gets an offer this summer he'll be gone.

And that's fair enough

2 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

Yeh great, then both our goalies (Zieler and Pickford) will have experienced being bottom of the league and relegated at their last clubs before Leicester. Aim high eh? 

You kidding?! Pickford is rated as one of the best English keepers in the league! If it wasnt for him Sunderland would of been down a long time ago! Who should we go for then loris maybe what about de gea straight swap? Join the real world we are Leicester city and if we were to sign a premier league experienced keeper with bags of potential and flashes of absolute class already  who are we to turn our noses up! 

56 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

He was just on the PL show

Basically said he's got a taste for CL football now and wants to experience it again.

He believes he can achieve it with Leicester but i get the feeling if he gets an offer this summer he'll be gone.

And that's fair enough

Pretty much this. Top class keeper and can't really begrudge him moving to a United etc

Archived