Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

The Heat

1 hour ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

This, although I don't mind the heat. Annoyingly I work in an office which is almost always too hot - there's a couple of awkward bastards that moan about the noise if I put the extractor on and they moan that it's too cold if you open the window. The same twats put these portable heaters on in winter even though the thermometre on the wall reads 25°C and make it too hot for everyone else

Heater  on when its 25 inside already. What are thy trying to accomplish? Build up a sweat whilst sitting in front of a computer to make to seem like they worked out?

21 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

This, although I don't mind the heat. Annoyingly I work in an office which is almost always too hot - there's a couple of awkward bastards that moan about the noise if I put the extractor on and they moan that it's too cold if you open the window. The same twats put these portable heaters on in winter even though the thermometre on the wall reads 25°C and make it too hot for everyone else

Don't even get me started. I work in an office which has no opening windows so air circulation is dependent on the aircon. The girls in the office are constantly swtiching it off or turning it up. My desktop thermometer regularly gets to 27°C whilst the women sit there in fleeces and scarves with heaters on their feet complaining that it is cold whilst the rest of us are sweating our bollocks off!

3 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

the women sit there in fleeces and scarves with heaters on ...    whilst the rest of us are sweating our bollocks off!

Thats just it ...   they haven't got any bolox to sweat off ! ...   simples !    :thumbup:

25 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

Don't even get me started. I work in an office which has no opening windows so air circulation is dependent on the aircon. The girls in the office are constantly swtiching it off or turning it up. My desktop thermometer regularly gets to 27°C whilst the women sit there in fleeces and scarves with heaters on their feet complaining that it is cold whilst the rest of us are sweating our bollocks off!

Women must get colder then men.

Because what you've described I can relate to at work. Also when I used to have female housemates they'd try and discretely turn the heating on. All the time.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Matt said:

I hope all you people who were complaining are happy!

Its fucking freezing!

Its just bloody winter...in June!! 

I know, it's great!  Had to put on a jumper to drive to work this morning!

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, ramboacdc said:

whatever happened to the "sleeping in this heat" thread? 

No idea, but I'm currently debating blasting away the £300 I've put aside for a fridge (for when I get a house, fingers crossed) on an air conditioning unit. 

On the one hand, my nuts will no longer be on fire, on the other hand my girlfriend would probably crush them anyways for wasting money. 

A dilemma to be sure. :dry:

9 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Might need a snorkel tonight. Nearly drowned in my own sweat last night.

we recently bought a 1 tog duvet from M&S and it's making these hot nights infinitely more bearable.

slightly more comfortable than just a sheet but still really lightweight.

several friends and family purchased after my high recommendation and now they all worship a small photo of me at the end of their bed each night before sleep. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Benguin said:

I'll never understand why people like this heat. Sure it's nice in a not so humid foreign country with a beer next to the sea/pool but when you need to go about normal life it is horrible. Can't wait for Autumn.

Come live in canada and see -30 weather and snow after snow. Migt appreciate the heat more.

Having said that extreme heat and extreme cold can both fack off.

Ideal temperture with 0 humidity is probably around 23 to 25 celsius max.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jattdogg said:

Come live in canada and see -30 weather and snow after snow. Migt appreciate the heat more.

Having said that extreme heat and extreme cold can both fack off.

Ideal temperture with 0 humidity is probably around 23 to 25 celsius max.

It's literally my dream to live in North America, in one of the towns where the sun stays up all summer and down all winter. More likely I'd choose Alaska but have toyed with various locations in Newfoundland. If I ever have enough money I'd open up a little outdoor business there and pack it up at winter and visit family in the UK for winter. The only heat I enjoy is the heat from a burning log fire after a numbing day climbing snowy peaks.