Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Spicer

Arsenal post match 4-3

1 minute ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

Wouldn't say Albrighton was outstanding personally. Decent, but not outstanding.

Yeah you're probably right, he looked tired in the second half. I think it's fair to say his deliveries in the first half were outstanding though. Okazaki and Schmeichel also played well.

We came close to beating Arsenal

at the Emirates and the amount of abuse people are giving Shakespeare you'd think we'd been overrun all game.

The match was a long way off the thrashing some of us were predicting before the game.

We only have 4 fit central midfielders. One was playing his first game back in the top division in 2 seasons. When James looked as knackered as he did what's Craig supposed to do?

We were also unlucky the ref has had a nightmare with the Ozil handball decision.

Thats not Craig's fault either. 

I was actually happy with the lads. We build on that especially with Drinky and Iborra and Huth back, and we will do well this season. Vardy is back on form, Maguire looks great, Shinji scored! 

We always lose to these &"@£s even when we win the league by 10 points. In fact the last time we lost to them in the last min we won the league. Maybe it's a good omen!

Just now, matty98 said:

Bringing on Amartey was the right decision, no idea why people had a problem with that, stopped Arsenal passing it through us but then we took off the extra man in the middle, that's what cost us the game.

It said to Arsenal, ' we are giving up on trying to score a killer fourth goal against your woeful defence and we will try to hang on desperately for a draw, please attack as much as you want'

Just now, Col city fan said:

I think it was a joint effort, error wise. The point I'm making is the amount of goals we concede when we have Amartey on the pitch, is clear. It happened again tonight. I made quite a bit from it last season, and have just done so again.

Its not a coincidence.

We defended badly before Amartey came on and we defended badly after he came on. I'm not sure you can say he was responsible for the goals (which you must be by saying it wasn't a coincidence.) Was he the one that forgot to mark Ramsey? I definitely know it was Maguire that got bullied for the Giroud goal. Not Amartey. 

Saw enough tonight to make me think we're in for an above averge season. We were in with a superb chance of at least a point with 10 mins to go. Iborra would have made a significant difference had he been fit. Vardy was at his best tonight, MoM for me. Albrighton put some good balls in, but lost a fair few balls he should have done better with.

Mystified by the subs, I guess James was "spent", but bringing KI on I just don't get at that stage of the game.

I posted a while ago that I really hate arsenal and some people questioned why, the team, the fans, their manager all bunch of w@nk3rs. 

So even last season fuchs was at fault for a lot of our goals conceaded, even today he was poor defensively, I really do love the guy but we need a new left back, not sure chilly is the answer or we just need to change the system 

Just now, funkyrobot said:

We defended badly before Amartey came on and we defended badly after he came on. I'm not sure you can say he was responsible for the goals (which you must be by saying it wasn't a coincidence.) Was he the one that forgot to mark Ramsey? I definitely know it was Maguire that got bullied for the Giroud goal. Not Amartey. 

Aye. See my edit

4 minutes ago, seenitall said:

Should start looking at another manager now before the season dries up - defence was clueless tonight and midfield light - Vardy great, Albrighton good for 45 but Ndidi looked under par Mahrez was pants and should be got rid of now, James was passable King would probably have done more - Simps played good as did Fuchs most of the time but the central defenders were weak. Just my view but Shakey ain't a manager just a great coach - rookie error up there with appointing Sousa as manager all those years ago, even though I wish it were otherwise.

Why do you only ever post when we lose? Utter ****ing depressive moron

Just now, 49er said:

It said to Arsenal, ' we are giving up on trying to score a killer fourth goal against your woeful defence and we will try to hang on desperately for a draw, please attack as much as you want'

We were already sat well back and Arsenal were all over us, we needed someone to stop them getting through so easily.

1 minute ago, Ted Maul said:

Honestly can't believe what I'm reading. We outplayed one of the top sides on their own patch, and everyone is getting pelters because we switched off for a couple of minutes.

Honestly, wind it in.

Against arsenal reserve defence and missing Sanchez

Sickener but plenty of reasons to be positive.

Maguire looks a good fit, Vardy up for it and James was a massive plus. We'll get the better of the majority of teams around us if we stay positive.

While there's still a fortnight or so left of the window though, we *have* to get a right back to push Simpson. He wasn't terrible tonight but we need someone to keep him on his toes.

Onwards and upwards.

The Amartey sub was good, it worked, the other sub was shocking. Needed Gray on for Mahrez to stretch the play a bit and relieve some pressure.

Plenty of positives though. Vardy superb. Maguire and Albrighton also. We always bloody lose there and there's normally some jamminess so thats standard. Still stings.

Everyone's saying it but that James sub was absolute madness. I don't understand it, we were packing the midfield and protecting a lead away at the Emirates and he's whacking someone else on up front? What? There was a midfielder on the bench!

Absolute suicide, and being dreadful at subs meant we got smashed by Spurs as well last year. It's not the first time

1 minute ago, fuchsntf said:

I still Blame the last men in v the line...Morgan and Fuchs, disapeared when it mattered, Morgan cant head a simple defenders ball.

Mahrez was poor, he had a mare, all round.

Shakespeare in my view will still have better games..

He nearly got it right, a top performance away at Arsenal...

We have the fight and players withcquality and spirit, they need still to make the 50-50 Balls ours..

We payed due to lack of concentration...and still not clinical when moving forward...

Absolutely, Morgan did not organise the back line enough, we were so exposed at time. Just not organised

Archived