Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Spicer

Arsenal post match 4-3

That's the sort of thing that always happens at Arsenal. Hard to be too critical. 

Not sure what impact the subs made, too easy blame them. Loss of organisation after the corner and then it was chaos after and you just knew they would win it. 

More encouraging than I expected. 

That one hurts.

Some of the intolerable bellends on here will try and blame Amartey but he did nothing wrong. If James was spent Shakey should've brought on another midfielder, so he takes the blame for this one. No need to bring on Nacho.

Arsenal absolute spawnbags once again. Deserved a point there at least.

Perspective guys & gals. 

Gutted we lost but not beaten them at there place since 1973 I think,

Vardy is scoring already,

let them take there selfies in the changing room & we'll finish higher again!! 

Onwards & upwards :scarf::scarf:

3 minutes ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

I've noticed a lot of people saying we need a centre back and a right back but at least two of their goals were from positions out left back should have covered. I rate Fuchs but I think he gets forgiven any time he makes an error 

Fair comment. Remember the first goal for Sevilla (away) and Athletico's goal at the KP. 

Just now, stix said:

Selective statistics if ever I saw it. 

Yes they are but they are still fact ... 

I think the bounce wore off and now we are seeing reality 

i dont blame Shaky ... not totally ... the players need an overhaul and a new voice and direction 

3 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

So it was Amartey's fault then? 

I think it was a joint effort, error wise. The point I'm making is the amount of goals we concede when we have Amartey on the pitch, is clear. It happened again tonight. I made quite a bit from it last season, and have just done so again.

Its not a coincidence.

I think people need to be a little wary also of overly praising Maguire. We've just conceded 4 goals with him at CB. Early days.

Should start looking at another manager now before the season dries up - defence was clueless tonight and midfield light - Vardy great, Albrighton good for 45 but Ndidi looked under par Mahrez was pants and should be got rid of now, James was passable King would probably have done more - Simps played good as did Fuchs most of the time but the central defenders were weak. Just my view but Shakey ain't a manager just a great coach - rookie error up there with appointing Sousa as manager all those years ago, even though I wish it were otherwise.

1 minute ago, walkerleeds said:

Not sure how Shakey is at fault for our entire left side switching off and a goal directly from a corner. 

That was massively encouraging though. We play at our best when pressing high. 

This totally

Agree with other posters in that the james substitution made no fvcking sense. Before amartey came on we were getting pummelled. Amartey came on and the 3 in the midfield just tied things up and they had to resort to long shots. Pulled james off and they started passing it through us with ease. Disgraceful substituttion, absolutely idiotic

he could argue james was getting tired. Thats fine, bring on king. When you need to hold a lead king is perfect

Just now, Col city fan said:

I think it was a joint effort, error wise. The point I'm making is the amount of goals we concede when we have Amartey on the pitch, is clear. It happened again tonight. I made quite a bit from it last season, and have just done so again.

Its not a coincidence.

Nothing to do with Amartey. He was the wrong player to bring on. End of. No outlet. Managers responsibility. Stupid subs with no outlet which means the formation invites untold pressure. Daft. We could have won that.

1 minute ago, kingfox said:

Blame Shakespeare all you want, but yet again certain individuals cost us with their lack of concentration.

For the majority we played well, pressed hard and caused endless problems.

Amartey came on too early for me, you usually bring someone like him on with 10 mins left not 20, Iheanacho sub was weird but the changes aren't to blame. Just poor concentration I'm afraid, Mahrez at fault for first two, non existent marking for the third, good header from Giroud for the fourth but he did pull Maguire down :ph34r:

A loss is a loss though and this hurts, if we put in the same desire we showed tonight against Brighton then we should win :thumbup:

I still Blame the last men in v the line...Morgan and Fuchs, disapeared when it mattered, Morgan cant head a simple defenders ball.

Mahrez was poor, he had a mare, all round.

Shakespeare in my view will still have better games..

He nearly got it right, a top performance away at Arsenal...

We have the fight and players withcquality and spirit, they need still to make the 50-50 Balls ours..

We payed due to lack of concentration...and still not clinical when moving forward...

Archived