Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Spicer

Arsenal post match 4-3

Honestly, I'm not even down and usually I am after a loss.

We gave everything and the players deserve a lot of praise for the grit and determination they shown. Yes we made a couple mistakes, but I'm just proud we got a glimpse of the old Leicester: Fast counter attacking football, the players giving their all and playing like a team.

Again the result isn't ideal, but the performance should give us confidence going into the season.

1 minute ago, Aus Fox said:

Some harsh comments in the match thread.

Away at a top side and we've played well, scored 3 lots of positives.

With 4players out we had very little option with he subs.

Maybe King for James would have been a better choice.

My six year old would have worked that out (or slim for vardy if James had the legs to see it out)

Let's not go overboard. For the majority of the game we were decent and almost won. Thought he might bring nacho or chilwell on wide for mahrez but at least we look dynamic and like ourselves again. Onwards and upwards.

1 minute ago, GaelicFox said:

8 pts in 9 games 

8 from a possible 27 

if that statistic continues we will be relegated 

we are shocking defending 

maguire looked good ... but in the end he was spear heading a defence that leaked 4 goals 

presure starts to grow ! 

You can't wait for him to be sacked can you? Ranieri loving gone way too far.

A lot of doom and gloom guys, it's the first game of the season at a ground we never get a result at, a few questionable decisions but that's football. We've still got the players to come back that perhaps would have shored up the midfield but we've had a bit of bad luck with injury. Don't worry about it 

People will point to the handball but that didn't lose that game, naive diabolical substitutions did that,

For 20mins after we scored the third they did **** all. It was in the bag. Amartey for Okazaki?

They were there for the taking and their defence is woeful however they are decent going forward so what do we do??

Invite them on to us, great

2 minutes ago, Tuna said:
Disgraceful that we lost that, thoroughly undeserved.

I'm sorry and but Shakey lost us the game through his poor decision making on substitutions. Going defensive invited pressure which was ultimately punished and they were always going to get a winner shortly afterward.

Gut wrenching as I soooo wanted to beat these.

I know people won't want to hear it because they want it to be right now, but it's gonna be a steep learning curve for him in the early part of this season. If he's going to be in charge a while it's kind of good he's lost a game like this. He can either learn from this and it won't happen again or he's gonna not see his errors and he won't last long.

I said in the 24th minute on the match thread that Mike Dean is going to fvck us over today and he didn't disappoint.

I feel a bit for Shakey as Shinji and James were spent but it's that classic mistake of bringing on an extra defender and inviting pressure with no outlet. He didn't need to do that with 20 to go.

I didn't expect us to win, and I didn't expect us to play so well and be competitive.

It was bitterly disappointing to lose like we did, but I think we will learn from that (I need to write an open letter to CS about not sitting back too early) and against lesser teams we will win a lot of games.

Great entertainment for the start of the season.

I'll be honest. Shakey ****ed that. If you play a pressing game going to one up front and bringing Amartey on means there is NO OUTLET and it invites untold pressure. 

KI should have been the first sub for Okazaki.

Very poor substitutions tonight. Is it the Law that Shinzi is taken off after 60 mins? If it was a shape issue to see the game out, which it was, why not sacrifice Mahrez. Sorry but Shakepeare had a a mae tonight.  

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

The sub had **** all to do with the result.

Striker on for a midfielder so that gives the left hand side of the defence a free pass? Fuchs, Maguire and Albrighton all went to sleep and they punished us.

Haha if you think bringing on a striker for a midfielder when you are 3-2 up away at arsenal with less than ten to go then you need to take a long hard look at yourself.

1 minute ago, KingGTF said:

Shakespeare has done us there. Escaping the fact that Amartey should nowhere near midfield, why let them off the hook by isolating Vardy and changing the shape. They were all over us after the change, pathetic.

****ing Arsenal fans are melts, 10 minutes from booing their side off and calling for Wenger to go, to now thinking they can win the league. Despise them

I have to say that was my reaction. We had them scared with our possible/probable attack and that held Arsenal back. As soon as it was a single attacker they had a free pass to pile on the pressure. We are much better when we have that fear up our opponents. It should have been Kele on at that point to force them to sit deeper. 

And the usual defeat at Arsenal happens. Going forward we look good, defensively all over the place. Yes, it was handball by Ozil but why are we leaving players unmarked at the back post? 

We need Huth back and hopefully Iborra and Drinkwater to give us strength in the spine of the team.

On the positive side, Albrighton was excellent, the front two did well, Maguire was solid and Schmeichel looked in fine form. Have to win next week.

Archived