Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Long Eaton Fox

Adrien Silva

Forget this, not had a run of games, new league rubbish. He's a professional footballer who is being paid a fortune. He needs to slot in and perform. He's been at the club for a while, he has trained with our team, they will have shown him the physicality and pace of the league in training. If he can't take that experience and use it in a match, then he isn't good enough. 

He was poor, but showed glimpses of class. I know he should be up to speed by now, but I'm not ready to toss him away just yet. I'm hopeful he can come good. Please prove me right, Adrien!

Still fuming about Morgan's performance but this is not the thread for it.

Silva I feel we will see more of the player we were hoping to sign next season, in system we should be implementing around him as when he got around 25 yards from goal he has the vision to pick out passes.

He had a disastrous start with the debacle of his signing and I bet it’s look him a while to get up to match fitness without a regular run of games, and no gym/training ground will get you ready for football in the premiership.

Although I have been surprised at some basic passes he got wrong today and over hit.

We need to get midfield settled next season as constantly changes with King/Iborra/Silva/James now Hamza surely hasn’t helped anyone at all.

Just now, Merging Cultures said:

Not sure anyone is singling him out - just stating that he was/is poor. 

Morgan was probably worse today. KS gave me a heart attack a few times. Simpson and Okazaki... 

I agree that Morgan was probably worse, but Silva was playing against one of the most physical teams in the league, getting no helps from the forwards until Iheanacho came on with Choudhury (who despite playing well) is still only 20 years old and very inexperienced.

3 minutes ago, Beechey said:

I despair at some of the so-called fans on this forum, I really do. The man has started what, 5 or 6 League games (Portugal included) in like 11 months?

You don't forget how to play football!! Especially as he has been training daily.

The guy kept kicking it out of play.

2 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

You don't forget how to play football!! Especially as he has been training daily.

The guy kept kicking it out of play.

There is a huge difference between playing and training.

I like him. Silky on the ball and will only improve more as he gets used to it over here. One of the few players in the team that can receive the ball under pressure and doesn't panic. Absolutely lovely ball through for Vardy who should have absolutely buried the chance.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

We were promised so much before the bodged transfer yet all we've had is a deflated balloon. Not the player we anticipated and joins a long line of players who have not proved their worth. Have our owners really got money to squander?

Sorry did Silva decide his price?