Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Long Eaton Fox

Adrien Silva

Just now, Jimmy said:

we just need to get him 10 yards higher up the pitch to pick those passes

You could see him turning round to the centre halves to usher them up the pitch, only for them to stare back wide eyed and confused.

This guy will be huge for us next season but we need the right players around him.

Kasper, Maguire, Ndidi, Silva, Mahrez  and Vardy.  The spine of a very good team, even it Mahrez does leave.  Add in Chilwell and Gray and we look like we are not too far away.  We need an attacking RB and a ball playing CB and we'll look much better I think.  X

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Beechey said:

That through ball to Mahrez (the one where he dived instead of attempting to get past his full back) was absolutely filthy.

the second part of your post negates the first ............

how can you see the quality in the pass but also that it wasn’t a pen? 

Its pedantic of me to call it out but if something isn’t right it needs to be highlighted ? 

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Its pedantic of me to call it out but if something isn’t right it needs to be highlighted ? 

Surely you can appreciate the ball and not think it was a penalty (I do think it was as it happens) it was two seperate peices of play. The through ball was one and mahrezs dribble and cut back onto himself was another.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Surely you can appreciate the ball and not think it was a penalty (I do think it was as it happens) it was two seperate peices of play. The through ball was one and mahrezs dribble and cut back onto himself was another.

I can but I wonder how someone can see the quality of the pass and yet still call a dive 

tbf, I was sure it was a pen but others said it wasn’t and he dived. When I went to bed I hadn’t seen a fifth replay!  It seems MOTD confirmed pen so I’m pleased my knowledge of the game retains its integrity  - just sounding off I guess! 

5 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

Kasper, Maguire, Ndidi, Silva, Mahrez  and Vardy.  The spine of a very good team, even it Mahrez does leave.  Add in Chilwell and Gray and we look like we are not too far away.  We need an attacking RB and a ball playing CB and we'll look much better I think.  X

Mahrez is not here next season,Schmeichel needs to go and we need defenders who can actually defend first as a priority. 

Edited by elvisfmcfly
Gluten free makes you trump less

Whilst the Iborra injury is bad news the silver lining is we will get to see a run of Silva and Ndidi once he returns as I think this is our future midfield (assuming Ndidi doesn't leave in the summer) and now we have nothing to play for we may as well test it out.

8 hours ago, st albans fox said:

What? They were two separate actions.

2 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

I thought he struggled to get about the pitch from the off, looked heavy legged. Slightly better in the second though.

What he did with the ball was mostly 'classy', but there was always going to be an element of adapting from Portugal. Iborra struggled to begin with and the Spanish league is a better league, so it might be even longer for Silva. The more he plays, the better and less leggy he will look getting about the pitch

16 hours ago, Jimmy said:

we just need to get him 10 yards higher up the pitch to pick those passes

This is 100% correct but also applies to the whole team (except kasper of course though he seems to want to play further forward). The question is do we have a manger who wants that?

36 minutes ago, reynard said:

This is 100% correct but also applies to the whole team (except kasper of course though he seems to want to play further forward). The question is do we have a manger who wants that?

yes but not a team that can do it, Simpson and Morgan can't do it they panic on the ball. Diabate is a speed merchant and will probably make a good wide striker in a 433 but shouldn't ever be used in the no 10 role again