Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

We need to talk about Wilfred Ndidi

3 minutes ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Stating to get a bit frustrated with him to be honest.

Wayward passing , hopeless shots and can't head the ball properly.  

Along with Maguire he seems the only other outfield player that Puel considers undroppable.

Would Mendy playing further back and him being replaced by Sliva or Iborra or Barnes work better ?

Ain't going to happen though.

Yes, mendy and silva as cdm’s would be great in the oompah loompah league ..........

I think people are getting frustrated with Ndidi atm because of where he is being asked to play - quite often we see him in the final third around the opposition box where naturally he’s going to have to pass the ball around - we all know this is not his strength.

But his role as a DM busting his gut around our final third winning the ball back he does very well and I think we’ve become so used to it that’s its now unnoticed, if he wasn’t there we’d certainly notice, in fact at the end of last of season when he was injured we really missed him.

The solution - stop pushing him forward and let him do what he does best, as much as I like Mendy and have been impressed with him at times this season I don’t think we need them both in doing the DM role, I’d prefer a Loftus-Cheek style player alongside Ndidi

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Mehrez said:

I think people are getting frustrated with Ndidi atm because of where he is being asked to play - quite often we see him in the final third around the opposition box where naturally he’s going to have to pass the ball around - we all know this is not his strength.

But his role as a DM busting his gut around our final third winning the ball back he does very well and I think we’ve become so used to it that’s its now unnoticed, if he wasn’t there we’d certainly notice, in fact at the end of last of season when he was injured we really missed him.

The solution - stop pushing him forward and let him do what he does best, as much as I like Mendy and have been impressed with him at times this season I don’t think we need them both in doing the DM role, I’d prefer a Loftus-Cheek style player alongside Ndidi

I'm frustrated too. But I suspect that Puel knows this isn't Ndidi's strength. And I suspect that's why Puel's playing him there.

Together with the fans, Puel knew Chilwell was massively suspect defensively last year yet he persisted in playing him even in our biggest cup game.

I've come to realise Puel has one eye on the current game and another on next year, especially with youngsters. It's frustrating but I think it's part of our long term plan. Puel was brought in to grow the team.

Top and Vichai always have an eye on the future. I doubt Puel will be an incredibly long term manager. And I'm not sure how close to silverware we'll get. But a manager to improve the youngers, to grow the team, ready for the future - there probably ain't too many better managers out there.

Edited by Foxxed
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Easy to forget he's still only 21, he's not going to be the finished article.

I think he's been a victim of his own impressive start, really - he's only going to get better but if he maintained the level of performance he set when he arrived then he wouldn't be with us for very long.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Foxxed said:

I'm frustrated too. But I suspect that Puel knows this isn't Ndidi's strength. And I suspect that's why Puel's playing him there.

Together with the fans, Puel knew Chilwell was massively suspect defensively last year yet he persisted in playing him even in our biggest cup game.

I've come to realise Puel has one eye on the current game and another on next year, especially with youngsters. It's frustrating but I think it's part of our long term plan. Puel was brought in to grow the team.

Top and Vichai always have an eye on the future. I doubt Puel will be an incredibly long term manager. And I'm not sure how close to silverware we'll get. But a manager to improve the youngers, to grow the team, ready for the future - there probably ain't too many better managers out there.

If you’re right, and having read your post twice, it makes some sense. That would make Claude a very astute manager. Hope you’re theory is right. 

6 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

improved massively in the past 2 games though

I’m going to be honest I’ve not really took much notice out of the last two games they’ve gone by like a blur, yesterday all I thought about was how I wish Vichai was still here and kept looking at where he sat 

9 hours ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Stating to get a bit frustrated with him to be honest.

Wayward passing , hopeless shots and can't head the ball properly.  

Along with Maguire he seems the only other outfield player that Puel considers undroppable.

Would Mendy playing further back and him being replaced by Sliva or Iborra or Barnes work better ?

Ain't going to happen though.

You forgot madison. 

Btw iborra will made him further forward and frustrate you even more unfortunately 

Puel style need hard working midfielder but creative. Unfortunately drinkwater is gone

4 hours ago, Farrington fox said:

If you’re right, and having read your post twice, it makes some sense. That would make Claude a very astute manager. Hope you’re theory is right. 

It fits in to our investment in the academy. And the fact we tried hard to win pl2 last season. And when Puel came on board he talked about this as a 'project' more than a job - it's possible that was a phrase he heard from his employers. After we won the league we were partly gutted with Walsh, Pearson, our psychologist and Kante gone. Undoubtly we had to rebuild, and it seems that we wanted the academy to be central to that and, despite his other flaws, why not go get a manager renowned for youth development on board? He's got our young players on long term contacts and he's turned one into an England intentional and we bought the championship's youth player of the year. We've even had Vichai and Top asking us to be patient. We're not punching as heavily as we want but these could, just could be the beginning years of a successful Leicester City with a booming, attractive academy, one of the best best in country with a team to match. Here's hoping.

Edited by Foxxed
  • Like 3

I think he's a good midfielder but not actually a great fit to this system we try to play. He's not really going to be very effective in a patient, possession side.

I agree with whoever it was who said N'Zonzi is the player you'd like to see him become. Problem is his passing isn't even close sadly.

He is improving but what I find annoying is his problem is fixable with good Coaching one to one.

His contribution to the Team is so under rated by many on here. The amount of ground he covers is immense in every game. 

I just feel he could do with the help of Iborra along side him with his experience. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Fosse93 said:

Anyone else think his best position would be centre back? Not that we need anymore lol

His best position is shielding the back four but in our system I don't think it's going to work.

We know exactly what he's very good at, tackling and winning the ball back, we know what he's very bad at, passing the ball and retaining possession.

He is another who needs to be a bit more alert as well, a lot of the goals we concede he's often jogging back.

He was poor (by his standards) last night but every player's entitled to an off-game. Generally, he needs to be a little more careful with his passing but that'll come with age. I think he tends to get a little too keen and rush things. He ought watch Iborra. Iborra has worked out his pass before he receives the ball - he can seem to make time stand still. A touch of that zen would help Ndidi no end. 

On 02/04/2018 at 11:17, KingsX said:

To this point, Wilf makes his living fishing the ball out with his quickness and Mister Fantastic legs.  He makes (and often wins) challenges other players couldn't.  Young as he is, I am confident he will improve his judgment -- and develop the rest of his game so he doesn't feel he has to be the best ball-winning machine in the Prem.

Quoting myself both as right and wrong on Ndidi.  He still more than earns his keep fishing the ball out.  But I assumed, he was bound to develop more tools.  Instead we keep seeing the same player.

There's still time to be patient -- and I would keep him in the XI (except maybe a match like yesterday, when the non-CM attacking options were so meager) -- but the curve seems horizontal, not upward.

Claude the Developer still has work to do here.

If he had someone forward minded creative box to box player to the side of him (The player we expected Silva to be) i think he would of settled into the perfect sheildling enforcer type of player he was to start. 

At the end of the day hes still 21 and about 7 years away from his prime.

Edited by les-tah