Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

We need to talk about Wilfred Ndidi

• 1 month later...

I like him but people expect too much of him.

People want him to be Kante when really he's Robbie Savage.

He's not a box-to-box mmidfielder who has everything like Kante did, he's just a very good ball-winner who needs to give the ball to better players once he gets it like Savage did.

I think he would be better with a proper playmaker alongside him whereas Silva and Iborra have both flattered to deceive.

He's still you and has plenty to offer but there was a time last year where people were wondering if he would become better than Kante which was ludicrous. He could easily become one of the best ball-winning midfielders in the league but we need that creator alongside him if we're happy with just that because he's never going to offer much in terms of keeping possession or creating a lot.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Koke said:

His passing is what will stop him playing for a top 4 club. 

Played two beautiful passes last night though. The first one playing it out wide to Perreira for the cut back to Maddison and the second that ball over the top for Iheanacho when Bailly stopped him

• Like 1

I don’t think his passing is as bad as some make out. Yes he can have moments where it seems he can’t pass 5 yards but he’s also capable of pinging a 50 yard pass perfectly. 

His ability to win the ball back however far out weighs any negative to his game.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

There was a sequence in the 2nd half where he passed it to an opponent about 4 times in five minutes. It looked terrible. I'm certain this can be worked on, but it the interim he needs to play it simple or not telegraph his 30 yarders so much.

If he figures out how to pass accurately he'll be off to the big boys!! 

"50 yard pings" do not make a player a good passer. Gerrad/Rooney Hollywood passes don't add much value to a passing move. reliably breaking the lines or even just retaining possession are more important.

18 hours ago, Koke said:

His passing is what will stop him playing for a top 4 club. 

His passing ability is on par if not better than Kante’s, its his decision making on the type of pass to play is what needs to improve which will come with experience & when he has a settled CM partnership also.

People forget he’s only 21yrs old (a yr older than Choudary) but he’s already clocked up 50 Premierleague appearances, played at a World Cup & was the top tackler across the top 5 leagues in Europe last season. 

The only thing that will stop him playing for a top 4 club is if he decides to join one of the European elite instead! All the big teams are keeping tabs on him 

• Thanks 1

He made 87 passes on Friday, more than ANY player on the pitch. He had 99 touches. He’s still young and getting better each year. I wouldn’t at all be surprised if Puel has told him to be braver in his forward passing as he’s trying more adventurous passes than in the past. Obviously these come with more risk, its the 5-10 yards misplaced passes that are more notable as this happens too often for someone of his capabilities.

Hopefully he will continue to improve and reduce his mistakes.

In two years time a brave and confident Wilf, will be the envy of the league, be patient.

On 10/08/2018 at 22:31, Bert said:

For a midfielder, no a professional footballer. His passing is abysmal. 

This will always limit his progress I think, he's a good midfielder with great understanding of the game and a phenomenal engine but his technique isn't good enough. 

On 10/08/2018 at 23:31, Bert said:

For a midfielder, no a professional footballer. His passing is abysmal. 

I've been saying this for about a year now.

People raving on about his tackling and defensive skills conveniently brush over the fact that he's usually the main negative source of his own positive stats, by giving the ball away needlessly, only to win it back.

Still, let's not forget he's only 21, so he can, should and will get better in that department.