Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Fleetwood Town (A) 0-0 FA Cup 3rd Round

2 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

Didn't learn much other than -

The local geography, proximity to Blackpool, impressive urban development of mixture of housing and leisure with an appropriate infrastructure in place

There's an Arsenal player that I want to marry

Benny is worse than I remembered

Their sub is a big pond playing for small cod

You still going on about your bellerin obsession? Mate he’s not interested, you need to get over it - you’ve got no chance of getting his hand in marriage. 

• Haha 1

It was all-round a depressing experience. Our performance was appalling, the game was turgid (they had a lot of corners and a few missed headers but the best chances were a deflection and a back-pass) and the coverage atrocious. Watching the crowd when the game was in progress, Pearce trying desperately to make a spectacle of it, making bold statements and changing them within two minutes.

An experience best forgotten. I won't be going to the replay but I hope it's not live on TV, especially the BBC again.

2 minutes ago, dayday said:

What was people expecting? , always  going to be that kind of game.

Not to look like a Sunday league side, maybe a shot or two, and not to be lucky to scrap a draw.

Let’s be honest, fleetwood was unlucky not to win, and deserve it.

If the players you put out, go out with the wrong attitude, and treat it like a pre season friendly, that’s what you get.

Feel for those fans who paid good money to watch that performance 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pSinatra said:

Twats at the BBC trying to sell the romance of the FA Cup when these types of games are always total dogshit.  Fleetwood were crap, their pitch was awful, & we fielded a team consisting of our worst players.

Ronnie Radford was nearly 50 years ago & the romance of the FA Cup is dead.

No, it's not. Just ask Fleetwood. But what is helping to kill the romance of the cup is teams like us putting out teams and performances like that. Disrespectful to a great old competition.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

This! The manager gave players an opportunity to prove themselves and none of them took it.

Completely - no wonder we (mostly) stick with the same set of players, the rest are awful. If we didn't have Vardy, Mahrez etc. we would be dire. We need players in, but more importantly we need to ship some out, because the work ethic and right attitude isnt there.

Look at Okazaki - works his socks off and causes problems, compare the price tag of him against Ihenacho and Slimani. These big time signings rarely work for us.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, pSinatra said:

Twats at the BBC trying to sell the romance of the FA Cup when these types of games are always total dogshit.  Fleetwood were crap, their pitch was awful, & we fielded a team consisting of our worst players.

Ronnie Radford was nearly 50 years ago & the romance of the FA Cup is dead.

Just youtubed the goal - would never had stood these days, the tackle in the build up would have been deemed too aggressive lol

I just don't see why people are defending the manager. There is nothing to like about him. Constant changes (sometimes for no reason), an utterly depressing and ineffective style of football and a complete disregard for the fans who want to see their team try to win a trophy.

The only argument in his defence is that he hasn't been here long, but he's been here long enough for people to see he's not very good.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

Disgusting.

We as fans should be much firmer in making it clear to the owners and management that it's absolutely unacceptable to treat this competition with such contempt.

Absolutely no reason we shouldn't be busting a gut to win it.

Gutted for Fleetwood TBH, they fully deserved the win.  Almost feel like we should give them a bye into the next round as at least they give a toss.

When about 12k turn up to the home tie I'm sure they'll be convinced

My mate asked me not to message him during the match as he's recorded the game to watch later (family commitments) and he doesn't want to know the score. I have just texted him to say don't waste your time. I felt I owed it to him as a friend.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

What on earth was that. 

Few players proving why they never play. Barnes looked like he didn't know how to play football. 

Chilwell probably my MOTM, as he didn't do anything wrong. Silva not being seriously injured is a positive, I can't be doing with watching King anymore, legend but does **** all every game.