Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Diabaté Signs

We'll just have to see I suppose but, I did have to sigh a bit when we signed yet another African player. I don't mean that in any racist sense just that out of the recent buys of Slimani, Musa , Ndidi, Iheanacho and Armarty I only see 1 real prospect.  There's also the problem of missing players when they travel halfway across the world for competitions where our players are bound to get picked because the standard of football is so low. For every Didier Drogba they seem to produce 20 Ahmed Musa's . The odds of getting a really decent player seems quite low and it's not as if we're paying small fees for them. There must be better markets now that we can scout?

11 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

We'll just have to see I suppose but, I did have to sigh a bit when we signed yet another African player. I don't mean that in any racist sense just that out of the recent buys of Slimani, Musa , Ndidi, Iheanacho and Armarty I only see 1 real prospect.  There's also the problem of missing players when they travel halfway across the world for competitions where our players are bound to get picked because the standard of football is so low. For every Didier Drogba they seem to produce 20 Ahmed Musa's . The odds of getting a really decent player seems quite low and it's not as if we're paying small fees for them. There must be better markets now that we can scout?

It's a relatively unknown scouting market, believe me when I say we've barely scratched the surface with africas potential, with also talks of moving the African cup of nations to the summer (or it already has??) it's better than ever to sign them. Besides musa all of those players have a future at this club. 

Edit: further on I read a recent interview with a player from athletico Madrid, think his name is Partey. He talks about how in Africa they train players up physically but neglect the technical attributes, which besides mahrez, who obviously is from France really, seems to run true with our own African contingent.

Edited by lcfc sheff
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 02:09, lcfc sheff said:

It's a relatively unknown scouting market, believe me when I say we've barely scratched the surface with africas potential, with also talks of moving the African cup of nations to the summer (or it already has??) it's better than ever to sign them. Besides musa all of those players have a future at this club. 

Edit: further on I read a recent interview with a player from athletico Madrid, think his name is Partey. He talks about how in Africa they train players up physically but neglect the technical attributes, which besides mahrez, who obviously is from France really, seems to run true with our own African contingent.

Well in Egypt, they train players both physically and technically, but the players are mostly Albrightons running around everywhere who never get tired somehow and always seem to love to cross the ball all over the pitch .lol

• Like 1