Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Peterborough Away FA Cup Match Thread

12 minutes ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Classy midfield agreed but is this really an Iborra/Silva kind of game ?

Got my doubts let's hope they quash those doubts.

It’s game we can test them together without risking PL points, while having a good enough team to get a result even if it’s obvious they don’t really work as a pair. 

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

I'm hoping he is a wonder kid. Seems strange to me that you'd start him on his debut rather than off the bench.

He is supposed to be an exciting prospect, just hope puel has judged it right and not thrown him in to early, and throw him to the wolf’s, or should I say foxes talk lol 

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

why is hamer now starting ahead of Jakupovic who had two good games against Fleetwood, kept us level at times. Apart from that we should have enough to win this, much better team than the joke we put out in the first tie against Fleetwood 

That's my only problem with this side. Otherwise I am thoroughly looking forward to this. Michael Owen thinks Posh will win - so it's a shoe in for us.

Just now, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Of course they couldn’t. 

If that theory worked out though there would never have ever been any upsets. 

I don’t know whether you’ve realised there have many many cup upsets. 

Exactly, they are a team full of confidence and goals, I hope our players don’t go in with that attitude otherwise wave goodbye to the fa Cup this year...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

It’s game we can test them together without risking PL points, while having a good enough team to get a result even if it’s obvious they don’t really work as a pair. 

We are safe in mid table so surely we would be better risking losing a PL game than a Cup game which if we lose we'll be out? We are effectively prioritising a mid table game against Everton, the result of which will be forgotten by the weekend, over a chance of progressing towards winning some silverware. Given our league position, we should be prioritising the Cup in my view. Hopefully we'll still get through but I'm far from confident now. What's annoying is that you can bet Tottenham will play the likes of Kane and Alli at Newport later, even against a League 2 side when they also have other priorities that we don't have like getting into the top 4 and the UCL.

• Thanks 1

That's a good side with a blend of youth and experience. Benny is not that bad - rash no doubt but he's a solid CB and did well against fleet wood. A front 4 with pace and skill backed up by two CM with a wealth of European experience. Comfortable win I think. 

Edited by roblcfc84