Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Peterborough Away FA Cup Match Thread

Just watching sky pundits saying it a joke we are not playing full strength but look at side hardly a weaken side I think if anything we could played some of the younger players and side we playing is much stronger than the Fleetwood side, oh now they saying they expect a shock today what nobs

Edited by southfox66

Just now, southfox66 said:

Just watching sky pundits saying it a joke we are not playing full strength but look at side hardly a weaken side I think if anything we could played some of the younger players and we playing is much stronger than the Fleetwood side, oh now they saying they expect a shock today what nobs

Full strength mascots for the Posh. Just spotted Peter Burrow bouncing around, some bloke that looks like Bob the Builder and the Posh man waiting in the wings. 

15 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I'm hoping he is a wonder kid. Seems strange to me that you'd start him on his debut rather than off the bench.

Because you and I are forum poster tossers, and Puel and is ilk are managers in the PL....

In good old Anglo-Saxon rhetoric.....Anybody who has doubts in any part of the selection, is a Twat!!

Doubt it, but dont dare say "I told you so"      even If we do fall to the posh, it just means 

one isnt a twat, but just a Strange  tosser....:P

There's a great deal of unnecessary pessimism on here. All cup games, especially away at a lower league club, are a banana skin whether you play your best team or not. Some on here have us beaten before a ball is kicked. Team looks ok to me, very strong bench in case we get into trouble. I'm happy to trust Puel, he's a better manager than me.

Let's get behind those playing and hope our class tells.

13 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

We are safe in mid table so surely we would be better risking losing a PL game than a Cup game which if we lose we'll be out? We are effectively prioritising a mid table game against Everton, the result of which will be forgotten by the weekend, over a chance of progressing towards winning some silverware. Given our league position, we should be prioritising the Cup in my view. Hopefully we'll still get through but I'm far from confident now. What's annoying is that you can bet Tottenham will play the likes of Kane and Alli at Newport later, even against a League 2 side when they also have other priorities that we don't have like getting into the top 4 and the UCL.

Easier to get 7th than win the FA Cup IMO

• Like 1

5 Live pundit just said how surprised he was at the weakened side city have put out ..... I personally don’t think it’s too bad and really they should do the job reasonably comfortably... the weather is poor but then it’s the same for both sides!

0-2 win to City and Diabate to get MotM!

Glad we made changes, and I'll stick by that even if we lose.

With the quality of players, it should easily be enough to win. We might not win, but first XI's don't always win either, that's football. It's like we're fielding a youth team, most of these players should be pushing for first team.

Got to give players a rest at some point. It's a balancing act. I'm sure if we put a second XI out against Everton, people would have a fit.

Edited by Charl91

2 minutes ago, GloverFox said:

5 Live pundit just said how surprised he was at the weakened side city have put out ..... I personally don’t think it’s too bad and really they should do the job reasonably comfortably... the weather is poor but then it’s the same for both sides!

0-2 win to City and Diabate to get MotM!

And yet Matty Elliott just said on Bein sports, what a decent side we have put out and how much stronger it is than when we played Fleetwood.. Guess it depends on who you listen too. 

• Like 2