Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

Fousseni Diabaté

Always starts off so well and promising, then seems to drift out of games as they go on. Still lots to learn and improve on but an exciting prospect for sure. Could've done more to stop Maitland-Niles for their goal but hey ho. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

Always starts off so well and promising, then seems to drift out of games as they go on. Still lots to learn and improve on but an exciting prospect for sure. Could've done more to stop Maitland-Niles for their goal but hey ho. 

Do you reckon that's a fitness thing?  (Genuine question)

He's come from the French League where it's probably not as demanding. Think he'll be good for us next season. I like him a lot! 

2 hours ago, Bert said:

2 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

Do you reckon that's a fitness thing?  (Genuine question)

He's come from the French League where it's probably not as demanding. Think he'll be good for us next season. I like him a lot! 

It looked more like confidence yesterday to me, I think we hauled him off at the right time for his own sakes. 

His end product is very raw and needs a lot of work. His pace, work rate and movement got him a lot of chances but he just kept fluffing them. 

With every miss his head seemed to go down. 

42 minutes ago, lildave3 said:

If anyone can get me a clip/gif of that touch in the second half I'd be eternally grateful. So unnecessary but brilliant. 

26 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Who has a video of that touch then?

• Like 2

I really like this lad, quick enough, good close ball control, very quick to flick a short pass when under pressure, a few tricks to beat defenders, eye for goal, appears to be very popular with his team mates, young so more to come, and cost peanuts to buy for this level of talent with stacks of potential.

Its said about most young players but if he can add a more consistent final ball and decision making he's going to be superb. He has everything else, quick, excellent movement, confident, work rate, good first touch under pressure, good vision at times and positive attitude.

Really looking forward to see how he develops

I prefer him as a "chalk on boots" winger as opposed to inside forward, think he has real potential. Get the end product right and he'll be a top player.

The good thing is he's done more already than was tipped when he signed in January, so with a preseason he could have a good season next year.

9 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Love the freedom he plays with. Just needs to pick his head up sometimes but he’s only a young lad. Bags of potential 

He has the brains and the skills, just lacks confidence and experience.

1 hour ago, Lovejoy said:

Out of rep points, but thanks! That was Mahrez-esque.

A friend of mine is a part-time scout for a Premier League club. He often tells me that one of the most important qualities they look for in any player is their first touch on the ball. Diabate's is excellent.

I agree with many of the posters in this thread; a good pre-season behind him and a run in the team and he could become an important player for the team. Personally I'd put him way ahead of Gray, mainly because I think his attitude is class. Quite unselfish, always trying to help out and get involved. Still quite raw, but touches like that show his potential. If you were going to be critical, he should have laid the ball off after collecting it instead of going down, but hopefully we can instil that in him over time.