Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Russell sprout

Adidas

59 minutes ago, dynamark said:

Adi dassler.I think I am correct that Puma and Adidias were once one but had a fall out and went their own ways creating the rivalry we see in sports brands today.This was an advert from your new sponsor.

True. The two companies were set up by brothers Adolf and Rudolf Dassler, who both owned the original, and fell out in a family row; Adi setting up Adidas and Rudi, Ruda which became Puma. They never spoke again to each other it seems. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd

Happy with this as long as they bring out decent, custom made kits. Some of the stuff brought out by Nike over the years has been awful.

Adidas kits are known to be a rip off though, they hit £100 when Chelsea binned them off! I wouldn't be surprised to see our shirts hit the £60+ mark.

I hope the 3 stripes are actually white rather than gold, could look very smart.

1 hour ago, Russell sprout said:

Remember a few years back,and not sure if they still do,but Macclesfields kit was manufactured by adidas,with such a small fan base I’m surprised they had such a good suppliers 

In the same way Puma have ‘Genesis’, Adidas have a similar ‘franchise’ available 

1 minute ago, SystonFox said:

White shorts remind me of 07/08 and topps tiles and that whole era. Terrible idea.

BLUE ARMEH

Well we'll have to agree to differ on this one, as a child I grew up with the early eighties team and Leicester played in blue and white.  Those are our colours, they have been for almost all of our history and, well, it just looks better.   

All blue is just wrong.  We're not Wimbledon.

• Like 1

Looking at the adidas shirts for the World Cup, they seem to be going somewhat retro with Spain and Germany getting kits reminiscent of their 1990s efforts. 

I'd love to see something similar with us if we're going retro, and would definitely invest if they brought out a very pleasant green with yellow pinstriped effort as an away kit.

• Sad 1