Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
marcymarc666

What happened to the Jamie Vardy film ?

4 hours ago, Fox92 said:

The underdog part is irrelevant if it’s about the player. Pretty sure Ian Wright won a title.

The under dog part is clearly not irrelevant or they would of done this about Ian Wright.

6 minutes ago, Gerbold said:

Go on - give us an example of these "plenty" - who've made such an impact.

There’s “plenty” of players knocking around the league. But since you’ve edited to add the “impact” part my point becomes irrelevant as I wasn’t talking about trophies they’ve won, more the non league jump in general. Although Ian Wright, of course, was a huge success at Arsenal including winning trophies and becoming their top goalscorer.

Unfortunately our achievements have been out done by Burnley sitting in 7th. If they make Europa league it makes a far greater story than what we did. People need to get off their rose tinted spectacles and accept that Sean Dyche has bested us without the many pound notes 

• Haha 3

20 hours ago, Gerbold said:

We certainly could do with honouring Banks in this way and maybe even a nod to the past - to Chandler. But who would you pick out of the '15-'16 team? Maybe a Greek-style frieze would be the best idea.

But why wait -  can't be that expensive and it's a gesture of pride and, to all the upcoming future fans, an acknowledgement of the past - with the emphasis on knowledge. I should think the Birch deserves one an' all.

This would look great on the wall near the main entrance, one of us lifting the trophy.

• 1 month later...

World Cup 2018: Jamie Vardy has no idea if Hollywood script writers are waiting for a fairy tale ending in Russia

The England striker’s incredible rise from non-league footballer to Premier League winner and potential World Cup winner is set to be transformed into a Hollywood film

jamie-vardy.jpg Jamie Vardy will have his career turned into a Hollywood film Getty

Jamie Vardy’s remarkable rise continues at this summer’s 2018 World Cup, where Hollywood script writers are hoping for a “fairy tale ending” to the England football striker’s story.

The former non-league player had not even made his Premier League debut when the Three Lions headed to Brazil four years ago.

But now Vardy is an established top-flight performer and England international, scoring seven goals in 21 appearances for his country and bound for Russia after playing at Euro 2016.

Yet the most striking part of the ex-Stocksbridge Park Steels frontman’s rise came at Leicester, having helped them out of the Championship, to stave off relegation and then, incredibly, a 5,000-1 shot Premier League triumph in 2016.

So extraordinary has the 31-year-old’s rise been that Hollywood producers are planning a movie about his life, although they have yet to finish the script.

Asked if filmmakers are waiting for a dream World Cup ending, Vardy told BBC Radio 5 Live: “I’m not really sure!

“I do know that it’s happening so it’s down to the directors and the script writers.

“The waiting is nothing down to me, they know what they want. If this is what they’re waiting for – a fairy-tale ending – then so be it.”

Hollywood may have taken notice but Vardy has had little time to digest his journey through the divisions.

Still a non-league player just six years ago, the striker is now preparing to step out on the “biggest stage for any international footballer” at the age of 31.

• Thanks 3

Though I look nothing like Vardy, I am a Drama School trained actor awaiting his big break. So I thought I should post this on here and if the people involved do make the film, then why not have someone involved who can describe the feeling and emotional rollercoaster of the season. 

In other words......giz a job Spielberg!

On 29/03/2018 at 16:00, marcymarc666 said:

It suddenly went very quiet, have they scrapped it, is it still in the pipeline, anybody know ? Would be a real shame if they have because it would have showcased our most amazing year.

Think they're finishing the film after he's lifted the World Cup, finishing top goalscorer too. 

This is Hollywood, you'll know what happens. It'll be Leicester Massachusetts. Vardy will be some down on his luck punk kid from the Bronx, and he'll lift the world cup for the USA, after coming back fron a career finishing injury. He'll be an all American hero who after being voted in as president gets carried on the shoulders of the steel workers he used to work with all the way to the White House, surrounded by cheering weeping crowds filled with people from all walks of life smiling and hugging each other. 

Edited by Vlad the Fox

Was talking about this yesterday with a work friend. I had dreams at the Euros of the film plot being rounded off nicely by JV scoring the winner in the final... then Iceland happened! Sadly I am foolish enough to have the same hopes for the world cup.

On ‎30‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 13:36, Fox92 said:

There’s “plenty” of players knocking around the league. But since you’ve edited to add the “impact” part my point becomes irrelevant as I wasn’t talking about trophies they’ve won, more the non league jump in general. Although Ian Wright, of course, was a huge success at Arsenal including winning trophies and becoming their top goalscorer.

What is so hard to understand about basing a film around the story of a footballer who within 6 years went from playing for an obscure non league football team to winning the Premier league, scoring in a record 11 consecutive games and being a pivotal part of one of the greatest sporting stories EVER. Jesus.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, James. said:

What is so hard to understand about basing a film around the story of a footballer who within 6 years went from playing for an obscure non league football team to winning the Premier league, scoring in a record 11 consecutive games and being a pivotal part of one of the greatest sporting stories EVER. Jesus.

Calm down man I think it’s fantastic, even more so that it’s with us.

3 hours ago, les-tah said:

waiting for russia?! its going to be a trilogy like lord of the rings isnt it.

None league to Pro

Great escape to champions.

The world cup 

My favourite part in that film is where he scores the winner v Russia, flips Putin off and causes world war 3.

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

My favourite part in that film is where he scores the winner v Russia, flips Putin off and causes world war 3.

i now have an image of Vardy running off to the corner Hawthorns style, trolling Putin and his lads. 

This would lead into a spin-off celebrating Robert Huth's role as General of the United Nations Army in the successful defeat of Mother Russia. 'Death by GDPR'

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jim5000 said:

The film will be released in September after Vardy scores the winning goal for England at the World Cup.

"Vardy, brought on in extra time for Harry Kane, who's had a shocker, is on the shoulder of the last defender, an aging centre back whose legs are dead after 118 mins of football. There's acres of space in behind and the goalie is well off his line. England break, the ball finds it's way out to Dele Alli on the wing, who looks up, sees the space, sees Vardy poised to spring... and passes to Dier."

Is more likely.