Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mannyzlcfc

James Maddison

I think this is off, my mate spoke with him yesterday and his injury is worse than first thought, so he’s buggered off on holiday for a couple of weeks. He’s not hopeful of signing for anyone this summer now.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Callabinho said:

I think this is off, my mate spoke with him yesterday and his injury is worse than first thought, so he’s buggered off on holiday for a couple of weeks. He’s not hopeful of signing for anyone this summer now.

Bugger... seemed like an interesting option 

On 27/05/2018 at 23:43, ramadaone said:

True that his Agent was in

But his Agent also represents quite a few other players 

Maybe George Thomas is leaving. Or Paul Gallagher wants to finish his career with us - he can take better free kicks than Mahrez. Kyle Naughton, Nathaniel Chalobah, Josh Onomah, aaron Lennon (hope not but possible), Yoshida, Matt philips (recently relegated), Elneny, Ayew (relegated), Danny Rose (haha).

19 minutes ago, Callabinho said:

Shame, the more I saw of this fella the more excited I got for this to happen.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Probably :dunno:

Shame, I liked the look of Maddison. Grealish I’ll be happy with. We are missing a ball carrying CM. Not sure where he fits in to a 4231 formation though. Don’t think he’s a number 10 and not sure about him in a 2 in CM.

maybe Puel might mix it up?

Edited by mod hero
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, mod hero said:

Shame, I liked the look of Maddison. Grealish I’ll be happy with. We are missing a ball carrying CM. Not sure where he fits in to a 4231 formation though. Don’t think he’s a number 10 and not sure about him in a 2 in CM.

Absolutely and I imagine that we will end up with either Maddison or Grealish as well as Roberts for the wing. 

I'd say Maddison will probably be priced fairer and probably comes with the better professional attitude but I wouldn't complain if we signed Grealish. 

Wingers - Diabate, Gray, Roberts, Albrighton 

ACM's/No.10s - Iheanacho, Maddison or Grealish 

Will be a risk starting the season with these options due to the lack of experience and proven ability at this level, so maybe we should consider an additional winger or attacker but even if we don't, it's an exciting group of young players that if click, could provide some lovely attacking football. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mod hero said:

You've got it spot on there we are missing a ball carrying CM, either of these guys could suit us.

3 hours ago, Callabinho said:

Could explain why we seem to be upping our pursuit of Grealish.

On 30/05/2018 at 09:49, Callabinho said:

*Suspicion levels high*

• Haha 1

Still favourites to sign him. Just depends on his injury I guess. Missing a whole pre-season with us is far from ideal even if he will recover well from it. 

Watching some more interviews and highlights of him, and he really does look a gem of a player with a great attitude.

Be very happy with this signing and I think anything under £20million would be realistic and decent in this day and age. 

On 30/05/2018 at 08:49, Callabinho said:

Sporting Director Stuart Webber said: “On a positive note the injury is not as bad as we had first feared it might be and thankfully no operation is needed. All being well, James will be fighting fit and ready to come back early in our pre-season schedule.”

Expected to start light training in 8 weeks and that report was on 5th May, so 5 weeks now if accurate.