Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mannyzlcfc

James Maddison

13 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Bet Norwich fans are quite glad he got injured if it deters people from buying him whilst he's injured. 

If it's an ACL injury they won't be seeing any money or their player in action for a very long time so I don't see that 

32 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Bet Norwich fans are quite glad he got injured if it deters people from buying him whilst he's injured. 

Seems they're gutted as his sale was meant to fund their entire transfer window and he might be out for a good chunk of next season too.

. . . and the people who decided to put a couple of quid on him coming here off the back of Calla's post the other day.

I suppose injuries haven't stopped players making moves before but the buying club has to be very keen, especially if the manager's position goes through transition. Very bitter blow happening to a player of the season on that same season too. Wish the lad well, and a move here

Edited by SpazticChicken
  • Like 1

Speedy recovery, James. Not often that I say that about a Championship player, but the world of football needs more decent characters and young role models like him, so I do hope we get to see him play again sooner than later.

Really, really likeable.

On 07/05/2018 at 12:51, Ian Nacho said:

Naa, the parachute payments have gone. The club knew they needed to sell Maddison in order to keep financially ticking over.

I wonder whether his transfer fee may have taken a hit with this injury. It will certainly curb the enthusiasm of potential buyers.

I actually think he would still be a decent signing for us, as long as the price was right and we had a good look over his injury.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, STUHILL said:

I wonder whether his transfer fee may have taken a hit with this injury. It will certainly curb the enthusiasm of potential buyers.

I actually think he would still be a decent signing for us, as long as the price was right and we had a good look over his injury.

standard 8 weeks injury isn't really gonna affect him, he's still young aswell. 

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Callabinho said:

Just collered my mate, as far as he’s aware Maddison is still on, he hasn’t told them it’s off or any different...he is however injured.... so how would a medical work? 

I guess they'd just look at the rest of him - as long as his injury was just a short term thing and not a sign of anything chronic e.g. Ledley King's knees I'm sure he'd pass.

As much as this guy is a talent, is he just another young player we will just suck the potential out of? The list goes on - Kramaric, Lawrence, Kaputska, Gray (jury out) etc.

2 hours ago, Callabinho said:

Just collered my mate, as far as he’s aware Maddison is still on, he hasn’t told them it’s off or any different...he is however injured.... so how would a medical work? 

I'm sure I read a year or two ago that medicals aren't compulsory as part of a transfer to go through. Clubs do it out of their own interest obviously. 

The overall strategy of plucking young, emerging Championship players is one I can get behind - English talent is at a premium - even decent performers can be Drinkwatered off to a Chelsea a few years on. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1