Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Danny Drinkwater: Would you re-sign him?

Would you resign Danny Drinkwater?  

710 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like us to re-sign Danny Drinkwater?

• Yes
    • No

On ‎13‎.‎04‎.‎2018 at 16:33, Abrasive fox said:

Handed in a transfer request at a really poor time as you all know, and for the few months before that wasn't exactly committed or motivated.

Wasn't dreaming things then.

Edited by ZeGuy

On 15/04/2018 at 13:23, Gerard said:

There were rumours that he had a problem with his hip flexor that just wouldn't go away six months before we sold him. Maybe this is still a problem and the reason why he has all these new secondary injuries is because he overcompensates by trying to protect his hip flexor and puts more stress on the other body parts?

He can probably still play football but maybe only ever at 95% as his range of movement isn't what it was as he tries to protect his body. Either way it was great business by the club selling him for £35m at his peak value. 

Surely if he rested it and let it heal he would regain full fitness. He never really had a chance during 15/16 and we were short in midfield last season too. This season he’s been trying to get into the Chelsea team so again, he’s most likely just struggled through. A summers rest and he could well get it sorted. 

On 4/12/2018 at 09:49, kingcarr21 said:

I can see Iborra and Silva getting better in this squad whereas Drinkwater based on his last season with us just didn't impress me. I think we should continue with the likes of Iborra and Silva rather than go back to Drinkwater hence why I would have them ahead of Drinky.

If he was to come back i'm not sure how I would react, part of me thinks we should move on from the title winning squad and resigning him screams to me that we are trying to cling onto the memories of our title win, as amazing and unprecedented as it was at some point we need to move on from it.

So my thoughts are probably more leaning towards moving on from the title squad rather than on ability. Although I still believe Iborra and Silva can both be better players for us than Drinky.

.......Danny Drinkwater last season received countless man of the match awards from the Radio Leicester Team.

This however was at the start of the season and later it came to light he was carrying an injury. He carried this team to safety and was then taken out of the team in order to resolve the problem with rest. That however proved to be unsuccessful and lead to him having an operation to resolve the issue. He went to Chelsea and took sometime before he became able to play.I have not seen him play for Chelsea so not so sure if his movement has been curtailed or if he is back to where he used to be.

As for Iborra and Silva, I am not too sure if either will be here next season. I really do not think Puel rates them and the time he took to get Silva match fit (I am not too sure he is as yet) since being available on the 1st of January 2018 seems to me he doesn't rate him.

No. Looking increasingly like we might not be so well-off at CM, but why default to a player that has already fooked off once, will want a big wage, and has done fvck all good for about 15 months? Is that really the best we can hope for?

There’s only one ex-player I’d want us to re-sign, but the only way he’s going is up. (That’s right, I’m thinking of Zoumana Bakayogo). 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Nigel Graham Pearson said:

No. Looking increasingly like we might not be so well-off at CM, but why default to a player that has already fooked off once, will want a big wage, and has done fvck all good for about 15 months? Is that really the best we can hope for?

There’s only one ex-player I’d want us to re-sign, but the only way he’s going is up. (That’s right, I’m thinking of Zoumana Bakayogo). 

Zoumana was at the ground on Thursday night....make of that what you wish....

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

drinkwater used to control the tempo for us - something we are badly missing this season. The club would probably know if his fitness remains compromised. 

How about trying someone new? He wanted out ffs!

• Like 3

No, he left us in a fairly back stabbing manner pretending to be injured for a while etc. Yes he won the league with us, however he is just too injury prone, can't look back, we have to look forward for bigger and better. 

• Like 3

Amazes me how some of the loyal title winners like Simpson and Morgan get so much abuse but Drinkwater who acted like a total shit is wanted back by so many. I understand that the loyalty from the likes of Morgan and Simpson is probably down to the fact that nobody would have wanted them but I doubt either would have left had offers come in for them, and I'm sure neither of them would have handed in a transfer request. We need to move forward not back and Drinkwater is definitely not the answer to our cm problems. 

Could see someone like west ham signing Drinkwater, Wilshere and Barkley. On paper they would have a good midfield for about 3 games a season. 

On 4/13/2018 at 15:33, Abrasive fox said:

Handed in a transfer request at a really poor time as you all know, and for the few months before that wasn't exactly committed or motivated.

That's my mind made up then. Swerve.

12 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

Not for all the tea in China. Or the corn in Carolina. Never. Never, ever.

Is there a lot of corn in Carolina? Cotton and rice in SC for sure.  @UPinCarolina pls confirm... I understood that both states are less than 1% of total corn production of the US... #pedant #YeahItsLate

On topic - I’m a no. Is he even for sale? 

Edited by HoustonFox
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

Is there a lot of corn in Carolina? Cotton and rice in SC for sure.  @UPinCarolina pls confirm... I understood that both states are less than 1% of total corn production of the US... #pedant #YeahItsLate

lol lol I don't give a fvck about tea in China corn in cornwell lol he done one for money. Bye Bye.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HoustonFox said:

Ha! I chose to just assume Bucks Fizz meticulously researched their lyrics. A foolish choice, as it turns out.

• Haha 2

I'm surprised to see how many would welcome him back with open arms. He deserves respect for what he achieved here but it's not as if he looked top drawer once Kante left. You could argue that he didn't have an adequate CM partner the following year but to be honest he looked out of sorts himself at times. Sad to see him force a move the way he did but to be honest I wasn't that bothered at the time. He looked past it and average at best, so £35m was a good price for him and we all knew he was never going to figure at Chelsea anyway. 

Iborra, Silva and even Hamza deserve a chance to show what they can do - on top of that, we have the possibility of perhaps dipping into the transfer market for another player so I think it should be a pass. We should be looking to move forwards and not recreate the past.

• Like 1