Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

38 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Was thinking about Anderson whilst watching the game, think he's a bit of a Mahrez type character wise. Possibly wouldn't buy into the defensive responsibilities our wingers have. 

Doesn't hit me as a battler, so not sure if I'd want him in the team.

No, we’ll carry on with Demarai Gray ??

43 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Was thinking about Anderson whilst watching the game, think he's a bit of a Mahrez type character wise. Possibly wouldn't buy into the defensive responsibilities our wingers have. 

Doesn't hit me as a battler, so not sure if I'd want him in the team.

We won the league with a "Mahrez type" of personality on the wing, we're sorely missing a "Mahrez type" of personality on the wing. 

Both Mahrez and Anderson graft a hell of a lot more than they're given credit for. 

Mahrez has worked his balls off this year defensively, you don't get signed and you DEFINITELY don't get picked for a Guardiola team unless you carry out your defensive responsibilities. 

Has it ever occurred to you that Mahrez was given the freedom to not track back as much as he needed to be primed for a counter just as Simpson was never let to roam ahead and support Riyad because he needed to anchor the right hand side? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Carl the Llama said:

That's literally how his name's pronounced though... The clue is in the z at the end. If you met a French dude named Michel and insisted on pronouncing it Michael you'd just come across rude, ignorant at best, same applies here.

I'm not disputing that, I'm questioning why it's sporadic across the board.

15 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

We won the league with a "Mahrez type" of personality on the wing, we're sorely missing a "Mahrez type" of personality on the wing. 

Both Mahrez and Anderson graft a hell of a lot more than they're given credit for. 

Mahrez has worked his balls off this year defensively, you don't get signed and you DEFINITELY don't get picked for a Guardiola team unless you carry out your defensive responsibilities. 

Has it ever occurred to you that Mahrez was given the freedom to not track back as much as he needed to be primed for a counter just as Simpson was never let to roam ahead and support Riyad because he needed to anchor the right hand side? 

We also won the league with Kante, who was basically doing the job of 2 players in 1. We're missing the quality of Mahrez, not necessarily the attitude and drifting in and out of games he sometimes brought. 

Simply said Anderson may not have bought into defensive duties, given the game I just watched he didn't often get back. May have been instructed not too, simply stating what I saw.

It's commonly known Mahrez wasn't given heavy defensive duties in that system. Funnily enough we don't play that system any more, our wingers track back a lot more than when we sat back with defensive full backs. 

Never stated we wouldn't be better with them, just our style would need tweaking and maybe refraining our fullbacks.

5 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Has any other statement ever summed up our fan base as much as this 1? Absolutely bizarre 

Suggesting a West Ham player isn't a battler? And that I'd want a player in our team who'd grind and battle for a result? 

Think your statement sums up the fan base, wanting to jump on the small things thing that can be interpreted differently and turned around?

18 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

pretty sure they’re spending serious money (or have spent, can’t remember) on new training grounds etc. 

their location is the same as liverpool, both manchester clubs and everton, i don’t think any of their players actually live round the corner from turf moor. 

they don’t attract players because they are rubbish and their manager and owners are obviously a massive set of mingebags. pretty sure sean dyche earns more than any of their players as well which kinda shows the type of man he is. 

When I said location, I meant that they are surrounded by giants of the English game, and also have a very densely populated group of clubs within a small area.

To attract players to take them to another level would take serious investment.

They have money, yes, but not that kind of money,they won't get anyone top class to go there.

People on this site seem to dislike Dyche, which is fair enough, it's all about opinions.

Personally, I think he's done a great job, it might not last,he might run out of ideas or he might get the sack.

But in a league where everyone outside the top six are pretty similar and when they do get something going, one of the big clubs come and take their best players, he's done very well to get a 7th place finish and a European adventure for their fans.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hollyfox said:

When I said location, I meant that they are surrounded by giants of the English game, and also have a very densely populated group of clubs within a small area

I’m not buying that other clubs have that issue as well 

the problem with Burnley is that they don’t seem to look outside the English leagues 

Dyche has already said they don’t have any scouts in foreign countries 

36 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

the problem with Burnley is that they don’t seem to look outside the English leagues 

A club like Burnley,could recruit from within the English clubs...enough decent players,that are unhappy where they are...

Dyche ,like him or not is a good manager...build from within, strengthen by getting some of the wonderers.

If Burnley can push themselves up 2-3 positions above the relegation line,they will entice some strong/older/experienceed/younger players....

Wanting to give themselves another/New wild crack at the PL....

Plus they couLd have Simpson,Silva,Slimani, Andy King on a 4 for one New year deal...:)

I want Burnley to survive..the drop..

Edited by fuchsntf

All of the stats last season showed that Burnley were incredibly lucky to finish 7th. Based on the expected points and goals measures, for example, their predicted finishing place was in the bottom 3. Moreover,  taking into account the very high number of shots they allowed against them they should have conceded a lot more goals - and they failed to score a goal per game themselves. Their good fortune has just run out. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

All of the stats last season showed that Burnley were incredibly lucky to finish 7th. Based on the expected points and goals measures, for example, their predicted finishing place was in the bottom 3. Moreover,  taking into account the very high number of shots they allowed against them they should have conceded a lot more goals - and they failed to score a goal per game themselves. Their good fortune has just run out. 

Didn't they win eleven games by a single goal margin last season?

A win is a win, obviously – to get ahead and see the game out is a skill in itself, and finishing seventh is a great achievement – but it never felt like it would take much for the tide to turn if they weren't going at it all guns firing. They also went on a twelve game winless run last season.

1 hour ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Like ours in 2015/2016...!!!     

Burnley finished 7th after 38 games like we won the title after 38 games...

please go out to the KP stadium,get on ya box and start ranting,about...goal measures,predicted finishing place,that we should of concede more goals,

a lot of shots against us...Every other twaddle of statisic,you want to dig out,then run up to Burnley...tell them irons, after 38 games they were lucky,

then run down to any beach dig you head in the sand,so everybody can try to kick your ass  38 times....let's see how many get lucky!! ...:devil:..:whistle:

Another,that find it hard in this life to credit others!!!  Grumpy east-midlander!!   

Now hang me!!...:)

Just now, fuchsntf said:

Like ours in 2015/2016...!!!     

Burnley finished 7th after 38 games like we won the title after 38 games...

please go out to the KP stadium,get on ya box and start ranting,about...goal measures,predicted finishing place,that we should of concede more goals,

a lot of shots against us...Every other twaddle of statisic,you want to dig out,then run up to Burnley...tell them irons, after 38 games they were lucky,

then run down to any beach dig you head in the sand,so everybody can try to kick your ass  38 times....let's see how many get lucky!! ...:devil:..:whistle:

Another,that find it hard in this life to credit others!!!  Grumpy east-midlander!!   

Now hang me!!...:)

We were never so poorly performing in any similar stat in 2015/16.

3 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

A club like Burnley,could recruit from within the English clubs...enough decent players,that are unhappy where they are...

Dyche ,like him or not is a good manager...build from within, strengthen by getting some of the wonderers.

If Burnley can push themselves up 2-3 positions above the relegation line,they will entice some strong/older/experienceed/younger players....

Wanting to give themselves another/New wild crack at the PL....

Plus they couLd have Simpson,Silva,Slimani, Andy King on a 4 for one New year deal...:)

I want Burnley to survive..the drop..

Not sure that i do, they play a very boring style of football & the club and manager seem to lack imagination.

5 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

Kids in the Lancashire area would not  look at Burnley if they had a chance of going to one of the academy's of the the big clubs in the area , nor would any foreign player if clubs with better pay, training facilities or stadia.

They just don't have the resources and I doubt they ever will.

It's a small place with a small fanbase due to what's around.

Dyche will always be fire fighting and I'll give him enormous credit for that.

People on here don't like him, fair enough, but the blokes got his players running through walls for him and he makes the best of what he has to work with.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hollyfox said:

Kids in the Lancashire area would not  look at Burnley if they had a chance of going to one of the academy's of the the big clubs in the area , nor would any foreign player if clubs with better pay, training facilities or stadia.

They just don't have the resources and I doubt they ever will.

It's a small place with a small fanbase due to what's around.

Dyche will always be fire fighting and I'll give him enormous credit for that.

People on here don't like him, fair enough, but the blokes got his players running through walls for him and he makes the best of what he has to work with.

Like I said they are not the only club that are near “big clubs” but they seem to manage ok 

Surely they have resources They have been in the premier league for quite a few seasons now They get at least £100 million a season just from the tv deal and infact got more money then we did last season from it

they sold old out every home game last season so they clearly have enough of a fan base to do that 

I have no idea about training facilities but as for stadia Bournemouth seem to manage with a stadium half the size 

• Like 1