Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

17 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Can you imagine if Vichai had turned around to Nigel and said "Ngolo Kante? Never heard of him, I want that Lee Cattermole, he's a household name."

I'm sure Nigel would have totally agreed and said sign Lee Cattermole. Also in his email he would have added. Why the feck you asking me you sacked me 2 months ago you barstead. 

8 minutes ago, sylofox said:

I'm sure Nigel would have totally agreed and said sign Lee Cattermole. Also in his email he would have added. Why the feck you asking me you sacked me 2 months ago you barstead. 

Absolutely no chance we weren't looking at him before that. 

We only seem to know how to sign players we've scouted for about ten years unless it's deadline day and we've shit the bed. 

But fine "can you imagine if Vichai had turned round to Walsh and said...."

Edited by Finnegan

8 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

I assume that the basic problem is that no one wanted the stadium so there weren’t any competing offers to drive the rental price up. That’s the problem when these white elephants are built for a one off occasion.

there was multiple bidders for the stadium, if I remember rightly there was originally 16 interested parties in the stadium but only 4 ended up bidding for it 3 football teams (West Ham,Spurs,Leyton Orient and a secret bidder who was believed to be the FIA 

• Thanks 1

On 04/09/2018 at 13:01, Langston said:

They really look after their fans and are spending within their means.

Don't hugely buy into any idea that any club is "tinpot" regardless, I include Bournemouth in that despite the fact they've obviously been well bankrolled. You make your own history, and throwing that term around just seems entitled to me, the type of thing clubs living off past glories would churn out to compensate for the fact they're languishing below where they feel their "rightful place" is while smaller clubs like Bournemouth continue to finish comfortably in the top flight.

Completely agree. I'm a bit indifferent to Bournemouth but they've earned their place and they've done well to hold onto it relatively comfortably for years. We can't moan about the media sneering down their nose at us every time we dare not bend over to the top six yet do the exact same to clubs like Huddersfield and Bournemouth.

10 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Completely agree. I'm a bit indifferent to Bournemouth but they've earned their place and they've done well to hold onto it relatively comfortably for years. We can't moan about the media sneering down their nose at us every time we dare not bend over to the top six yet do the exact same to clubs like Huddersfield and Bournemouth.

Eddie Howe and Bournemouth are an excellent fit imo.

The club is continually growing, as is Howe with his management techniques as am sure he's learning a lot of things in the top-flight as a young manager.

Plus, he has recently urged the club to build a new stadium and improved training ground to accommodate their PL status to enhance their long-term aspects - so he knows what the club needs in order to really establish themselves.

Only problem with them really is that they've somewhat overspend on the recruitment side at times but, like LCFC and Jon Rudkin, they'll learn from this and try and be more value-for-money in their transfer decisions next time.

Much prefer them to teams like Forest and Stoke, for different reasons.

Their fans seem decent and level-headed as well overall.

1 hour ago, Paddy. said:

You've probably seen this before but this is ridiculous. Play from 3.38

That just shouldn't happen.

Do they leave the lights on all night?