Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

On 03/09/2018 at 12:15, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

To be fair I hate most of the clubs for one reason or another

Liverpool: massive yet irrelevant. Never going to win anything, loads of plastic fans living 30 years ago. Sad. Ridiculous accent. Nivea adverts.

Chelsea: not too bothered. They were utter dickheads 10 years ago but seem ok-ish now. Took Kante :(

Spurs: complete shitstains.

Bournemouth: got way too much credit for staying in the league on pennies, despite actually having spent fvcking billions.

Everton: so famous for fvck all. Irrelevant club, atmosphere-free stadium. Streets are paved with dogshit.

Arsenal: it's Arsenal.

Man Utd: completely plastic fanbase. Mourinho. Pogba. Overrated.

Wolves: best championship campaign ever (besides us, Newcastle and others). Gonna finish top 6 probably (going to stay up by the skin of their pereneums.

Palace: fans.

Cardiff: no major bad blood, just don't really like them.

Newcastle: "they love their football in the north-east." They love football EVERYWHERE dumbass. Mike Ashley. Horse-punch.

Burnley: Dyche, twat. Fans buy his no-money garbage. Shithole town, has no right to be proud of anything. Had a book about coming runners-up in the Championship. Finally being found out for being shite. Shit colours.

West Ham: taxpayer's stadium, owners are shit, fans are shit. Shit colours. Think they're much bigger than they are.

Watford, Man City, Southampton, Fulham, Brighton, Huddersfield are ok at this moment in time.

Jesus Christ cheer up mate 

2 hours ago, Super_horns said:
Looks like VAR is coming in as a trial run for a few games ..

Hoorraaaa,  at last.   

It will have , it's teething problems it's errors,mistakes...but even if it only cuts out or pick-up 10-15% ,it's better than nothing,and frustration

Of feeling on being "robbed"

Like Umpires at cricket.....some get missed,but it's amazing how many decisions are proved right,despite the irritation on the faces of players,and

Pundits,who are often left,without the cream on the humble pie...

• Like 1

On 04/09/2018 at 15:53, MattP said:

Speaking of TFS - I'm still incredulous that possession stats are now done on completed passes rather then time. What a revelation.

So if Simpson and Morgan sit and pass it back and forth to one another two hundred times really quickly then hoof it up the pitch where Petr Cech juggles the ball for 85 minutes, we've bossed possession? 

50 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

So if Simpson and Morgan sit and pass it back and forth to one another two hundred times really quickly then hoof it up the pitch where Petr Cech juggles the ball for 85 minutes, we've bossed possession? 

if Simpson and Morgan try to pass it back and forth two hundred times … center forwards will cluster at the top of the interceptions table, and 2007-08 Derby will be off the hook.

20 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Most watched July 1 to Aug 31.... we dont even rate a mention???  Edit.. this is You Tube views

8i30dkv68dk11.jpg

Because the club doesn't really give a damn about the YouTube channel anymore. Everything is done via LCFCtv. They do a few random uploads every couple of weeks but it's not in vogue for our media team anymore.

On 05/09/2018 at 00:43, Stadt said:

Manuel Pellegrini due £15m if sacked after West Ham fail to add contract clause

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/manuel-pellegrini-due-15m-if-sacked-by-west-ham-q96xn23f9

lol

"This club ain't run like a circus no more" - Mark Noble, 2016.

Be stupid to sack him anyway, he's a good manager. 

You can't sign half of Europe and expect them to gel in to a team overnight. 

If ever a manger has needed time it's him now. Not his fault, or the owners, that West Ham fans think they're massive and were stupid enough to think they'd be top four. 

They can't even keep moaning about the chairmen given they've forked out fat stacks on playing talent. Odious toxic fans. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Be stupid to sack him anyway, he's a good manager. 

You can't sign half of Europe and expect them to gel in to a team overnight. 

If ever a manger has needed time it's him now. Not his fault, or the owners, that West Ham fans think they're massive and were stupid enough to think they'd be top four. 

They can't even keep moaning about the chairmen given they've forked out fat stacks on playing talent. Odious toxic fans. 

He definitely was a good manager, I'm not so sure he still is at 64 and after a stint in China earning all the monies. I agree, he definitely needs time but he's always been quite inflexible as a manger sticking to a 442/4222. Wilshere and Noble can't play in a two and their other central options are a bit uninspiring in Declan Rice, Carlos Sanchez and Obiang.

Pellegrini isn't the problem though, they're rotten to the core whilst Sullivan, Gold and Brady are still in charge and that won't be changing for a while yet. It's quite funny but I'd rather football was rid of incompetent owners.

22 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Hoorraaaa,  at last.   

It will have , it's teething problems it's errors,mistakes...but even if it only cuts out or pick-up 10-15% ,it's better than nothing,and frustration

Of feeling on being "robbed"

Like Umpires at cricket.....some get missed,but it's amazing how many decisions are proved right,despite the irritation on the faces of players,and

Pundits,who are often left,without the cream on the humble pie...

It’s not a real trial  - it’s behind the scenes testing with no contact to the referee 

21 minutes ago, Stadt said:

He definitely was a good manager, I'm not so sure he still is at 64 and after a stint in China earning all the monies. I agree, he definitely needs time but he's always been quite inflexible as a manger sticking to a 442/4222. Wilshere and Noble can't play in a two and their other central options are a bit uninspiring in Declan Rice, Carlos Sanchez and Obiang.

Pellegrini isn't the problem though, they're rotten to the core whilst Sullivan, Gold and Brady are still in charge and that won't be changing for a while yet. It's quite funny but I'd rather football was rid of incompetent owners.

I don't understand the second paragraph. Or, I do, but I don't understand why people keep saying this about clubs that are spending. 

Mike Ashley is suffocating the life out of Newcastle, Vincent Tam is barely spending a penny at Cardiff, you want to moan about those chairmen? Cool. 

But the Glazers at United or Gold and Sullivan getting shit from their supporters when they have signed off on the spending of unrivaled millions for the playing staff? Are the fans ****ing high? If they're the wrong players, blame the recruitment team, but don't moan that they're "rotten to the core" when they've gone out and gotten a title winning manager that's widely respected in the game and then authorised the signings of hundreds of millions worth of improvements to the playing staff. 

What are they doing, hanging round the training ground ruining the atmosphere of the playing squad and undermining the managers training? I doubt that. What exactly are they doing that's so terrible in terms of on pitch performance? 

I mean you don't like the stadium move or the ticket pricing policies or whatever then by all means you abuse the shit out of your chairman or chief executive, no worries. That's his job. 

But his job where on pitch performance is concerned is just to spend and they are spending. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I don't understand the second paragraph. Or, I do, but I don't understand why people keep saying this about clubs that are spending. 

Mike Ashley is suffocating the life out of Newcastle, Vincent Tam is barely spending a penny at Cardiff, you want to moan about those chairmen? Cool. 

But the Glazers at United or Gold and Sullivan getting shit from their supporters when they have signed off on the spending of unrivaled millions for the playing staff? Are the fans ****ing high? If they're the wrong players, blame the recruitment team, but don't moan that they're "rotten to the core" when they've gone out and gotten a title winning manager that's widely respected in the game and then authorised the signings of hundreds of millions worth of improvements to the playing staff. 

What are they doing, hanging round the training ground ruining the atmosphere of the playing squad and undermining the managers training? I doubt that. What exactly are they doing that's so terrible in terms of on pitch performance? 

I mean you don't like the stadium move or the ticket pricing policies or whatever then by all means you abuse the shit out of your chairman or chief executive, no worries. That's his job. 

But his job where on pitch performance is concerned is just to spend and they are spending. 

They're clowns and since 2010 West ham have signed 35 strikers, yeah they've spent a load of money but you know full well that doesn't mean anything and just because other owners are stingier it doesn't make West Ham's any less incompetent. "Rotten to core" was probably poor wording because they aren't as toxic as some but they're sucking the life out of club because they're so clueless.

9 minutes ago, Stadt said:

They're clowns and since 2010 West ham have signed 35 strikers, yeah they've spent a load of money but you know full well that doesn't mean anything and just because other owners are stingier it doesn't make West Ham's any less incompetent. "Rotten to core" was probably poor wording because they aren't as toxic as some but they're sucking the life out of club because they're so clueless.

But I don't think Sullivan, Gold or Woodward for that matter have ever claimed to be football scouts. Other than Abramovic very briefly having an obsession with Sheva (who, tbf, was world class) I can't think of too many occasions where chairmen have gone out and bought players that only they wanted. 

If the players you've signed are crap or the wrong ones, that's the recruitment team to blame. 

Can you imagine if Vichai had turned around to Nigel and said "Ngolo Kante? Never heard of him, I want that Lee Cattermole, he's a household name."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

But I don't think Sullivan, Gold or Woodward for that matter have ever claimed to be football scouts. Other than Abramovic very briefly having an obsession with Sheva (who, tbf, was world class) I can't think of too many occasions where chairmen have gone out and bought players that only they wanted. 

If the players you've signed are crap or the wrong ones, that's the recruitment team to blame. 

Can you imagine if Vichai had turned around to Nigel and said "Ngolo Kante? Never heard of him, I want that Lee Cattermole, he's a household name."

They're the owners, they could invest in a better recruitment team, tbf they did try with Macia but not long ago their chief scout (?) said they weren't going to sign anymore African players. Of course they aren't directly responsible for everything that happens at the club but ultimately they are the ones that call the shots. In my opinion West Ham are the most typical Premier League side out of of all teams when they go about their business, brag about spending, exited Europe early to try and finish in Europe, appoint all the old guard of managers, trigger happy and so on. I feel sorry for their fans because they're so poor ran, money spent or not.

Edited by Stadt
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

They're the owners, they could invest in a better recruitment team, tbf they did try with Macia but not long ago their chief scout (?) said they weren't going to sign anymore African players. Of course they aren't directly responsible for everything that happens at the club but ultimately they are the ones that call the shots. In my opinion West Ham are the most typical Premier League of all teams when they go about their business, brag about spending, exited Europe early to try and finish in Europe, appoint all the old guard of managers, trigger happy and so on. I feel sorry for their fans because they're so poor ran, money spent or not.

West ham was a good homely club, We and them were the last clubs to have the hire fire mentality...They had good outings into Europel

a club,as a Leicester fan,thought it we could get their stability and consistency,that one step up,but with some cosy honesty.....

then they imploded...poor club management,fans were made simple promised,some went over the top,expected to get into

or let's say,out of the shadow of Spurs and maybe even  the despised Arsenal...to become a regular,one of the boys club top 6 nicking

occasionally a place in the top 4....We've had one season,in the PL where our buys were,big mis-hits.

Newcastle...Sunderland,West Ham have now several seasons of poor dodgy player-movement.Some excellent but didn't pass into their ever changing

Coaching/management set ups...All had high expectations,many of their fans feeling they have lost "their club"....

Old ahdege,  be carefull what you wish for.

Some on this forum,expect us to grab the season no matter what !!!  and demand where we should be in the  hierarchy of the PL,

and all others below 6 are just  rubbish teams......

That's when clubs go into a spiral of derisional and poor panic decisions.Then fans demanding new quality high class faces,every transfer

Markets......

The PL clubs look always 1st off shore for their talent,and turn a blind eye to their expensive organised develope squads,

Better know. In the past as Reserves,and youth teams...

It's bloody obvious with PL money,we pay above the odds...but we forget not all foreign names,bring automatically high quality talent of even

Potential.Easy fact...good and great players,are chased by 20-100 European clubs,so finding Gems like we did in our surge to championship

then PL glory is not an automatic piece of business. So delving into any pool is now done around the table..

Managers rarely say who they want,but what type and what position they would like.  Then faraway from any pitch gameday/seasonal needs

Another group goes out,choses potential players,on a budget that is given from another group...with some luck it might mesh....!!

Puel thankfully likes/accepts  is lot,of what resources he can encourage from within...youth,fringe old vet squad players,dipping then into 

the transfer market,hoping to find those links,missing links...of players that after a few games will create history...

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

West Ham's stadium fiasco carries on..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45439883

We always knew this was the case tho The deal was always so one sided to West Ham, I see from the meeting today that West Ham also have a veto over the naming rights of the stadium and they appear to have used it to stop a deal from happening 

40 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

West Ham's stadium fiasco carries on..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45439883

Another Coventry fiasco waiting to happen. The owners are not going to bankroll whu for the next 97 years and whu have agreed a fee for that period so it's going to finish going tits up especially if they drop out of the prem.

Edited by yorkie1999

That Stadium deal was a shady from the start. Leyton Orient the local Club got shafted rightly by the Council and West Ham.

I don't have any sympathy for them. A great hometown club in the 60s with a great legacy. They should have stayed where

they were until they found good owners like us.

3 hours ago, surrifox said:

Disgusting . You know that the dildo brothers are just waiting for the opportunity to sue if they don't get everything they want  and the taxpayer will pick up the bill.

if there was any natural justice they would be relegated 

If they get relegated their rental charge drops for the stadium to around £1.25 million per year 

so at least 4 more games for the tax payer to cover with even less money from West Ham if that happens  

Edited by jammie82uk

It’s an interesting situation - whu have a financial advantage over all their peers due to the deal they have done on the stadium. they have to pay 242 million over 97 years to have a gate income based on 57k.   there are some who would argue that this isn’t so different to clubs going into administration to avoid debt repayments. it really should have been addressed at the time by the authorities. If the council said they would build us a new stadium, the rest of the league would object - whats the fundamental difference?