Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

Do Watford get pizzas for a clean sheet. Does the manager do dilly ding dilly doing. If not they are feck all like us. 

Really can't people wait until ten games are up before judging them. They may not win another this side of Xmas. 

Hate to see especially from within this forum...vocabulary like "tinpot",it degrades ourselves.

we don't need to lower or debase  our standards,to that of the so called arrogant top 6, forum airings of their opinions

on other clubs....

to make our achievements,worthy we have to appreciate all other clubs ,especially those who are now competing to fight for

their own new successful eras while in the PL, as those competing lower down.All fans have each their own hopes and dreams,

some because of present rescources, are doing damn well ,while there seasons are continually achieving for lower hights/targets

in the lower 3profit divisions....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jattdogg said:

For all the banter they will lose the next 4 or 5 games and all will be forgotten.

Although any club who is not considered top 6 id be happy with winning outside of west ham and everton. Of course hope we win it lol

Don't forget Crystal Palace as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Footballwipe said:

I love the Totally Football Show podcast, but to be making Leicester-Watford comparisons four games into the season highlights just how ridiculous this is going to be nowadays.

Speaking of TFS - I'm still incredulous that possession stats are now done on completed passes rather then time. What a revelation.

24 minutes ago, MattP said:

Speaking of TFS - I'm still incredulous that possession stats are now done on completed passes rather then time. What a revelation.

Couldn't believe it either! I feel like there are many plotholes in that, but the guy from Opta did explain it well, to be fair. Not a fan of his XG chatter, mind.

1 hour ago, MattP said:

Absolutely blew my mind. 

2 hours ago, MattP said:

Couldn't believe it either. Blew my mind. Im amazed that fact hasn't been more publicised.

2 hours ago, MattP said:

Wait, what?

Always assumed it just showed you how much of the match either team had had the ball for

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

Wait, what?

Always assumed it just showed you how much of the match either team had had the ball for

Nope, it's percentages of completed passes now. The OPTA guy said it's been like this for years. 

So if Mahrez dribbled around for 5 minutes on his own that's no possession. 

I always thought something was up seeing these 83% possession stats. 

Mourinho has just dodged prison, regarding tax evasion charges, and fined €2m.

There's something about him that seems that he's not a nice individual overall.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

13 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

he'd have always dodged prison because of the Spanish sentencing laws. First offence with less than 2-year sentence means it gets suspended. 

20 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Who isn’t being done for Spanish tax evasion at the minute though? lol 

as as far as him as a person is concerned everyone who knows him personally seems to think he’s a top bloke. You have to differentiate the person they are from what the press want you to perceive. For all the slating of the press that happens on here people are still quick to jump on the narrative they want. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX

2 hours ago, MattP said:

Nope, it's percentages of completed passes now. The OPTA guy said it's been like this for years. 

So if Mahrez dribbled around for 5 minutes on his own that's no possession. 

I always thought something was up seeing these 83% possession stats. 

What a crock of shit that is - no wonder we've seen such lopsided figures.

1 hour ago, ajthefox said:

What a crock of shit that is - no wonder we've seen such lopsided figures.

When possession was counted via time it relied on one person to time it and was a bit unreliable,  with event data and some tracking data it could probably be done by time now but I'll trust the judgement of all of the major football stats companies. The ball is only in play for about 60ish minutes so the old method's figures were a bit warped by that too.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11096/11490165/most-expensive-premier-league-transfers-in-todays-money

Most expensive Premier League transfers in today's money

Andriy Shevchenko would be the most expensive player in Premier League history - if his fee from AC Milan to Chelsea in 2006 was inflated to present-day prices.

The Blues signed Shevchenko for £29.4m more than a decade ago but that fee would soar to a staggering £144.4m in the current market, according to a study published by TotallyMoney.

The report converted every transfer fee since 1992 into current market values - factoring the inflation of players' fees from seasonal averages.

Newcastle prised Alan Shearer from Blackburn for £15m in 1996 - but that deal would be worth £125.1m in today's market, while the Magpies' current record fee of £17m for Michael Owen in 2005 would be worth £76m.

Kepa and Paul Pogba are the only current Premier League players to make the inflation-adjusted, most-expensive XI

skysports-graphic-data_4411807.jpg

skysports-graphic-data_4411482.jpg

• Thanks 2