Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

6 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

I thought that second one was when their scouts recommended Mahrez in January 2015? Their president insisted Mahrez couldn't be a worthwhile target if he played for Leicester. The egg on his face should feed an entire village at this point

Hmm... In my mind it was the Kante deal but I could be wrong.  Can't find any corroboration online for either.

Can anybody clear this up?

2 minutes ago, murphy said:

Hmm... In my mind it was the Kante deal but I could be wrong.  Can't find any corroboration online for either.

Can anybody clear this up?

It was Mahrez: https://www.francefootball.fr/news/Comment-l-om-a-snobe-mahrez/614311

" Do you really think that players Leicester have today have their place in the OM project that is ours? In short, in order to save time, I would like to say that we try to be professional and qualitative in terms of recruitment and that therefore the probability that we take players in this way is zero. "

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I'm not having PSG as some giant. They have quite literally done nothing in Europe that we haven't. Next tier down for me until they prove it in Europe.

They're a financial giant, that is all.

A bit like Man City really, recently had a huge financial investment and as such are now a "big" club in their domestic league but still yet to reach the heights expected in the European competitions.

11 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Academy product, is Declan Rice, and his first goal is against a derby rival. Pretty decent.

I'd have him in the England team over Eric Dier any day.

3 minutes ago, Bozman said:

Pity we can't compete with the likes of west ham for that type of player, oh well, we know our place now.

We can’t afford to spend £35m on one player - we make roughly £30m a season.

Edited by Stadt

4 minutes ago, Bozman said:

Pity we can't compete with the likes of west ham for that type of player, oh well, we know our place now.

Puel meant financially. But any excuse eh. And we are developing our own academy players. One is one the bench today. Two are on the pitch.

Edited by Foxxed
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Md9 said:

I thought arsenal would be top 4 his season ahead of Chelsea with emery taking over thought they might have pushed on. Looks like Utd can take over them tomorrow if they beat spurs. 

So they won't take over them tomorrow then.

Cardiff v Huddersfield sounds like a great game... 

Cardiff v Huddersfield was abysmally abysmal. Enough to make the eyes bleed and the heart stop pumping. Could be worst Prem Lge game ever

This game doesn’t just deserve to go last on MOTD @GaryLineker it actually deserves to go after the credits

Edited by The Bear
  • Haha 1