Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

2 minutes ago, Danizen said:

I'm actually worried that if that happens, Spurs will look at our players as attainable targets. Maddison, Barnes and even Tielemans fit the Spurs profile. With the added bonus that they will be weakening a team who are building towards challenging for the top 6.

I've never been too worried about Spurs raiding us but them snaring Tielemans from us would be absolutely gutting and yet, for how much they'd get for Eriksen, they'd be more than happy to pay it too.

Paying for players directly from Leicester isn't something I see Spurs doing. Maddison would cost them more than Tielemans.

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

Looks like Jordan Pickford's in a bit of bother. Lamped someone on a night out after the Sunderland v Portsmouth final yesterday

Did they end up in the goal?

15 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

'VAR replays to be shown in cup semis'

http://www.skysports.com/share/11681700

This is a great start, they've noted what people in the ground say is wrong with the system and tweaked it to improve the match day experience.

Yeah they should be shown but I don’t see it making much difference as you just can’t see the detail on the screens in most stadiums 

The least amount of teams that win the Premier League the better still our achievement will look so praying Pep and his lot bring it home.

Still annoying that Blackburn managed to win it because then it would have been just us amongst the elite 4.

Liverpool can stick to the odd European glory nights thank you very much

• Like 1

I hate Liverpool almost as much as I love Leicester. 

Man City fans are decent, they've lived in the shadow of Utd for decades and have sunk to the 3rd tier of English football, so they've had proper dark days. 

Only Chelsea and City fans from the elite know what a bad season/seasons are all about. 

City all the way for me but I think the 3 games v spurs and Utd away will hand itge title to the bin dippers. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

The least amount of teams that win the Premier League the better still our achievement will look so praying Pep and his lot bring it home.

Still annoying that Blackburn managed to win it because then it would have been just us amongst the elite 4.

Liverpool can stick to the odd European glory nights thank you very much

if you watched the game vs Spurs, you can see they are shaky already. Relying on a 90th-minute own goal? Man City will win the title no doubt

1 hour ago, weller54 said:

And they'll be behind Manchester United by tomorrow night.. Luvilly Jubbilly! 

Spuds are just so good. Eventually the penny will drop for Poch. They are and always will be bottle jobs. When the going gets tough they literally disintegrate. Could be an interesting last few games for them. Spurs fan I know thinks they are bang on for 18pta from their last fixtures. 

2 hours ago, H.a.r.r.y said:

if you watched the game vs Spurs, you can see they are shaky already. Relying on a 90th-minute own goal? Man City will win the title no doubt

Really?

I personally think that they've earned that lucky goal by not giving up until the very end. Some might actually say that's a sign of Champions. They also were playing Spurs, not Millwall. Their fixtures are much easier (on paper) than MCFC who still have to play Spurs, MU and potential banana skins like us. 

The title race is far from over and Citeh winning the title is all but guaranteed.

Pardon me but I absolutely despise it when people talk about the Premier League and old First Division separately. They are the same competition! Yes they have a different governing body but on the pitch the winners become the English Football champions. I’ll leave such talk to Sky Sports who believe football was invented in 1992!

Man United fans with their incredibly annoying ‘20 times’ chant don’t have a second verse saying ‘well actually, 7 old 1st Division Titles and 13 Premier Leagues!’

In 2016 we were Champions of England an absolutely incredible achievement and nothing any other team will do will take any gloss off that ever. But we’re not in a group of only 5 other teams to call ourselves Champions. That’s Sky talking 

• Like 3

If Wolves lose tonight we will leapfrog them into 7th (Unless they lose 6-5). Despite their excellent form I'm still not convinced by Man Utd. I don't trust them.

6 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

Spuds are just so good. Eventually the penny will drop for Poch. They are and always will be bottle jobs. When the going gets tough they literally disintegrate. Could be an interesting last few games for them. Spurs fan I know thinks they are bang on for 18pta from their last fixtures. 

Billy Ocean was inspired by them to write a song.. 

When the going gets tough.. The Spuds get bottling. 

• Haha 1