Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

53 minutes ago, Koke said:

If Wolves lose tonight we will leapfrog them into 7th (Unless they lose 6-5). Despite their excellent form I'm still not convinced by Man Utd. I don't trust them.

Man United are still playing Mourinho tactics but the players are actually willing to run now 

9 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

??

My hope for the end of the season involves Wolves getting dicked today, sorry Bear. I'm sure they won't mind. 

Ideal world:

We finish seventh, Tottenham bottle it to sixth, Chelsea fifth, Man City win the league and Burnley join Fulham and Huddersfield. 

That's not even a Welsh thing, I'd just enjoy Dyche getting relegated even more than angry Mrs Doubtfire. 

I've had enough of Dyche. He needs to disappear for a while so Burnley going down would be great. 

Arsenal finish 3rd. Man Utd 4th. Man City win the league. We finish 7th. Burnley go down. That's all we want.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Hollyfox said:

I hate Liverpool almost as much as I love Leicester. 

Man City fans are decent, they've lived in the shadow of Utd for decades and have sunk to the 3rd tier of English football, so they've had proper dark days. 

Only Chelsea and City fans from the elite know what a bad season/seasons are all about. 

City all the way for me but I think the 3 games v spurs and Utd away will hand itge title to the bin dippers. 

Manchester City fans sing about us sacking Ranieri the wierdos. I don't want them to win it but deep down I'm not really bothered.

Missing out on the CL would be catastrophic for Spurs. They need cash badly to start to repay that massive bill for the stadium, and I can see Kane/Alli finally growing some balls and moving to a title contender if they're facing the prospect of the Europa league. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Koke said:

Arsenal 3rd. But they have Watford, Wolves & Leicester all away coming up,  they won't come through that unscathed. 

And therein lies our season. We must beat Arse - which we can, and then hope Arse do us some favours. I hope they do and get 3rd, with Manure and Chelsea moving above Spurs by the end of the season. You know it's still possible for us to finish above Spurs.:ph34r:

20 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Manchester City fans sing about us sacking Ranieri the wierdos. I don't want them to win it but deep down I'm not really bothered.

We did. And it was sad and disgusting. 

43 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Missing out on the CL would be catastrophic for Spurs. They need cash badly to start to repay that massive bill for the stadium, and I can see Kane/Alli finally growing some balls and moving to a title contender if they're facing the prospect of the Europa league. 

Yuuuup. Here's hoping. 

19 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Sad, yes. I think the decision has been more than vindicated now though.

His sacking hasn't been vindicated. They should have found some arrangement where he left, with honour, without being sacked. Nothing vindicates the way he was treated.

3 hours ago, Staffs Fox said:

Pardon me but I absolutely despise it when people talk about the Premier League and old First Division separately. They are the same competition! Yes they have a different governing body but on the pitch the winners become the English Football champions. I’ll leave such talk to Sky Sports who believe football was invented in 1992!

Man United fans with their incredibly annoying ‘20 times’ chant don’t have a second verse saying ‘well actually, 7 old 1st Division Titles and 13 Premier Leagues!’

In 2016 we were Champions of England an absolutely incredible achievement and nothing any other team will do will take any gloss off that ever. But we’re not in a group of only 5 other teams to call ourselves Champions. That’s Sky talking 

You could've made this a lot more concise mate, see below... 

"Ooohhh look at me, I'm an old man" 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, FIF said:

His sacking hasn't been vindicated. They should have found some arrangement where he left, with honour, without being sacked. Nothing vindicates the way he was treated.

What sort of arrangement? Asking him to resign meant he would forfeit his severance payment and I don't think he would have wanted any sort of ambassadors role. Wouldn't have wanted him anywhere near a DOF type position either, so there weren't really many options.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Not fussed if a few fans from other clubs don't like the Ranieri saga. 

He came in, did a great job, was then taking us down and we moved him out. 

1 hour ago, Jack1993 said:

You could've made this a lot more concise mate, see below... 

"Ooohhh look at me, I'm an old man" 

I'm 32 actually. So not that old I would say and don't actually remember pre 1992 football first hand. It's just a fact that football did exist before this time

Edited by Staffs Fox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FIF said:

Well it was because we weren’t relegated. As sad as it was he was taking us down. 

3 hours ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Reminder that Watford also play tonight against Fulham. They'll be 7th tonight. 

Obviously the liklihood is you're right, but I fancy Fulham to get a point or three tonight. Watford have a huge game on Sunday in the context of their history with the FA Cup Semi final - even if they put out a full strength side (which they may not) how many of those players will really fancy putting that extra yard in etc to run the risk of an injury and rule themselves out of Wembley?

9 hours ago, Finnegan said:

??

My hope for the end of the season involves Wolves getting dicked today, sorry Bear. I'm sure they won't mind. 

Ideal world:

We finish seventh, Tottenham bottle it to sixth, Chelsea fifth, Man City win the league and Burnley join Fulham and Huddersfield. 

That's not even a Welsh thing, I'd just enjoy Dyche getting relegated even more than angry Mrs Doubtfire. 

Wolves/Watford not winning the Cup as well 

2 hours ago, Corky said:

Watford could play the kids and they'd beat Fulham. We can write that one off.

Wolves v Man United will be tight.

If Fulham lose then I believe they will be relegated tonight so Parker will have them up for it. I think a draw or surprising away win given Watford’s cup game on the weekend could be on the cards.

7 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

It just dawned on me that we'll leapfrog Wolves if Man Utd. win by two clear goals.

I feel dirty saying this, but come on you Reds. :ph34r:

A one goal defeat for W*lves will do, provided they don't score at least 5 in losing. 

Man U have played what appears a weakened team with the likes of Dalot, Fred and McTominay starting.:nigel:

Edited by Sunbury Fox