Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leics 0- Soton 0 post match thread.

18 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

Iheancho was class 1st half and looked a real threat. He faded 2nd half as did Mahrez and Gray but he was our best player first half. 

I agree thought he was class first half  how nobody has mentioned Silva  as he was awful I dont know but suggests everybody has a different opinion  as I  thought compared with Newcastle a good game.

2 hours ago, James. said:

That was my first taste of Puel live. Possibly the shittest, sloppiest second half of football I've seen for some time. Aside from the Vardy chance and a bit of pressure in the final 10 mins it was painful to watch.

Probably the most worrying part was listening to his post match interview with Stringer on the way home. He spoke in monotone for about 5 minutes about how good a performance it was. I get he may not want to openly criticise and also he sees it as a work in progress but he came across like he wanted more of the same, the only change being a bit more clinical in front of goal. It's a cliché but it really did sound like he was watching a different game to everyone else and that's quite worrying.

Believe it or not that was one of the better games of late, so maybe he genuinely believes it was a good performance but most of, actually all, that voiced an opinion sitting around me thought it was painful to watch, shite boring football and there was a little booing at the end of the first half.

I had, had enough and with work in the morning and not having had any dinner yet left on 80 minutes for one of the only times I've walked out of a match.

• Like 1

I live in Scotland and watch pretty much every game online but was not able to watch this.  I know there is lots of negativity on here about the game/result but if for one second we could put that to one side could I ask for constructive opinions on how Dragovic and Albrighton did?  From the pre-match thread and from general consensus on here most people (including myself) think Drag should be given a chance and most also think we need more attacking options at RB so both decisions seemed to be, on paper, ones that should have pleased people.  Just wondering how each did and, despite the result, whether you would be happy to persist?

Thanks so much in advance.

Rumble.

X

Edited by RumbleFox

36 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I live in Scotland and watch pretty much every game online but was not able to watch this.  I know there is lots of negativity on here about the game/result but if for one second we could put that to one side could I ask for constructive opinions on how Dragovic and Albrighton did?  From the pre-match thread and from general consensus on here most people (including myself) think Drag should be given a chance and most also think we need more attacking options at RB so both decisions seemed to be, on paper, ones that should have pleased people.  Just wondering how each did and, despite the result, whether you would be happy to persist?

Rumble.

X

Dragovic looked just as good as when he was inexplicably dropped and Albrighton looked decent too at right back but this was  a Southampton team which is struggling to avoid the drop after all.

Drag did go down at one point and we thought he might have to come off but he recovered and carried on.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Rumble.

X

Both did well and I would hope Drag will play now till the end of the season if he's not injured. Albrighton was good too but he may struggle at rb against a team that attempts to get out of their own half 

• Like 1

The King Power used to be a fortress with other teams knowing they were in for a really hard match. No longer with our new style of boreball. 

Puel said recently that he wanted us to be best of the rest if you exclude the top six. Since the turn of the year we have played seven home games, Huddersfield, Watford, Swansea, Stoke Bournemouth, Newcastle and Southampton. With all respect to these teams, these are the ones we should be putting to the sword and getting home wins. We only managed two wins, four draws and a defeat. That is only 10 points out of a possible 21, sorry but not good enough for a team that has aspirations of getting into Europe.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, WestLothianFox said:

The King Power used to be a fortress with other teams knowing they were in for a really hard match. No longer with our new style of boreball. 

Puel said recently that he wanted us to be best of the rest if you exclude the top six. Since the turn of the year we have played seven home games, Huddersfield, Watford, Swansea, Stoke Bournemouth, Newcastle and Southampton. With all respect to these teams, these are the ones we should be putting to the sword and getting home wins. We only managed two wins, four draws and a defeat. That is only 10 points out of a possible 21, sorry but not good enough for a team that has aspirations of getting into Europe.

Who says we have aspirations going into Europe?

8th spot is enough.

:ph34r:

14 minutes ago, WestLothianFox said:

That is only 10 points out of a possible 21, sorry but not good enough for a team that has aspirations of getting into Europe.

Based on that over an entire season gives an average of 57 points 

57 points over the last 15 seasons would on average get you 7th place 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, James. said:

That was my first taste of Puel live. Possibly the shittest, sloppiest second half of football I've seen for some time. Aside from the Vardy chance and a bit of pressure in the final 10 mins it was painful to watch.

Probably the most worrying part was listening to his post match interview with Stringer on the way home. He spoke in monotone for about 5 minutes about how good a performance it was. I get he may not want to openly criticise and also he sees it as a work in progress but he came across like he wanted more of the same, the only change being a bit more clinical in front of goal. It's a cliché but it really did sound like he was watching a different game to everyone else and that's quite worrying.

First taste live? You lucky lucky sod, some of us have had months of it 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nigel Graham Pearson said:

No, Bean Hammer. 

Seriously though, would annoy the fvck out of me if a useless reserve keeper has any ‘player power’. 

Tbf would explain how he's managed to stick around. If you're jakupovic though, you're asking why you even left hull - schmeichel having a poor season yet neither manager has fancied you much over a championship standard donkey for even the bench, let alone being given the chance to dislodge kasper.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

Rumble.

X

Both for me had good games. The criticism for me is at our collective inability to break down a very leaky defence. Our own defence, generally, was fine. I'd play the same again at Palace.

I thought Albrighton played probably better than Simpson has done there.

Dragovic was standard Dragovic - not very noticeable but for a centre half that's often quite a good thing. Basically he was steady as always.

• Like 2

Truly staggering that a team safely tucked up in a mid-table position, with nothing to play for, doesn’t play. I’m pretty sure this is the first time this has ever happened in the history of football; I’m behind all of these people demanding we change a manager because this should never happen again. It would have been so much better if we had been battling relegation for the entire campaign so, clearly, yet another manager has to go.

I can’t begin to imagine what goes through the heads of players who hope to pass a transfer medical in the summer, out there playing like “ooer, I hope I don’t get injured or anything”. Has any other team ever played like their heads were on holiday? I very much doubt it. This is Puel’s fault entirely.

I’m surprised at the muted response. We should be organising demonstrations in the car park and refusing to accept any further free items (bar beer) until the situation is resolved to all of our satisfaction. Finding someone that makes everybody happy might be tough but we can do it if we actually try. I think we should get Paul Ince in.

People are morons.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Gerbold said:

Are those your figures or gleaned from match stats? Whatever the source they make interesting reading. Might the majority of those 'lost balls/bad passes' be Chilwell and Albrighton's attempts to cross into the box? Without context it's not possible to construe anything from stats like these. And, as such, it's a little disingenuous to use them to prove a point such as you're trying to do. You need to have a comparison with the successful passes and balls won to give a comprehensive statistical assessment of the match.

It could be "poor Jamie" or it could be "patient Jamie".

You're not going to get a fresh coach in the summer. The situation is stable and I believe that Mr.Sri isn't one to 'fire at will', as it were. To paraphrase Wilde - 'to lose two managers may be regarded as necessary; to lose three looks like incompetence.”

I myself counted the lost balls and bad passes. However, the official stat shows that I was quite generous with my tally since it shows a total of 224 passes for the first half, successful 79%, negative 21% = 47 lost balls and bad passes. As far as Chilwell and Maguire are concerned, I was not surprised about the multitude of lost balls, but with regard to one of my favourite players, hardworking Albrighton, I was. Of course, stats are not really meaningful: In the first CL match ManCity lost 0:3 vs Liverpool , ManCity had almost 80% ball possession in the 2nd half without one single scoring chance. So all that shouldn't be taken too seriously.

9 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Truly staggering that a team safely tucked up in a mid-table position, with nothing to play for, doesn’t play. I’m pretty sure this is the first time this has ever happened in the history of football; I’m behind all of these people demanding we change a manager because this should never happen again. It would have been so much better if we had been battling relegation for the entire campaign so, clearly, yet another manager has to go.

I can’t begin to imagine what goes through the heads of players who hope to pass a transfer medical in the summer, out there playing like “ooer, I hope I don’t get injured or anything”. Has any other team ever played like their heads were on holiday? I very much doubt it. This is Puel’s fault entirely.

I’m surprised at the muted response. We should be organising demonstrations in the car park and refusing to accept any further free items (bar beer) until the situation is resolved to all of our satisfaction. Finding someone that makes everybody happy might be tough but we can do it if we actually try. I think we should get Paul Ince in.

People are morons.

They have been playing like for 17 games lol