Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fightforever

Puel - what about now

Puel - what about now  

369 members have voted

1. 1. Puel - what about now

His pre match interview on sky gave a completely different impression to the players performance on the pitch tonight, he didn't seem bothered and didn't give the impression he expected us to win tonight, either he knows its over or he given up on this season and mind focused on next season already..

23 minutes ago, StevieB said:

He's already gone. I truly believe that performance came from the players finding out Puels going at the end of the season. I'd be happy to be wrong, but his body language tonight told me otherwise. Did anyone else notice him?

Yes

25 minutes ago, StevieB said:

He's already gone. I truly believe that performance came from the players finding out Puels going at the end of the season. I'd be happy to be wrong, but his body language tonight told me otherwise. Did anyone else notice him?

Glad I wasn't the only one who picked up on it.

I know i've blamed Puel at every opportunity but I struggle to believe he was fully behind that - To add to the fact the coaches seemed to be doing more work on the touchline, giving more directions back up my thinking.

Looked at him a few times through the match, now I know we've all commented on him not being the most excitable or passionate chap and that he comes across as very dull, boring and quiet, but he hardly did anything tonight, arms crossed, quite miserable looking, when we scored he stood arms on his side, looking into the ground, kicking air, almost like he was disappointed we played well and had scored. I think he knows he's gone.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

Glad I wasn't the only one who picked up on it.

I know i've blamed Puel at every opportunity but I struggle to believe he was fully behind that - To add to the fact the coaches seemed to be doing more work on the touchline, giving more directions back up my thinking.

Looked at him a few times through the match, now I know we've all commented on him not being the most excitable or passionate chap and that he comes across as very dull, boring and quiet, but he hardly did anything tonight, arms crossed, quite miserable looking, when we scored he stood arms on his side, looking into the ground, kicking air, almost like he was disappointed we played well and had scored. I think he knows he's gone.

I’m sure I read something very similar in another thread? Or am I more pissed than I thought

• Haha 1

Voted out, for the following reasons:

- I still think it's probably already been decided, they'd just rather have a manager in for this last few games and they're effectively writing the games off.

- Sounds like there was still a lack of communication between him, and the players & staff. I think that bit is beyond repair, regardless of tonight.

- One swallow doesn't make a summer. Granted it's a swallow John Terry's mum would be proud of.

I do think it's a shame that we haven't seen a bit more of this. I think if you had say, the Stoke and Bournemouth games where we attacked like that and the Palace game where we weren't completely humiliated, the whole topic probably wouldn't exist.

I think it's too little, too late sadly, but it's a shame.

• Like 2

He's a goner, I don't think that anything will change that, but at least we could confirm that he never was the only reason for the disastrous performances. 

The real trouble starts when he's gone.

• Like 1

I just cannot fathom it though, where the hell has that been for so long?

I do think Arsenal played into our hands, and it helps them having an early red card as well, but we could've easily had 6 tonight.

If people have changed their decision based on a single positive result against a side with 10 men and Arsenal's away record then I'll be stunned, unless they genuinely believed that the players were losing on purpose because Puel was their manager.

If we do well at Spurs too it may suggest that progress has been made. Of course, we don't know what the nature of that progress is - it could be that a decision has been made, everyone knows and this is the positive reaction from the players. On the other hand, it may mean that Puel lost the support of a few players, made some mistakes, suffered a few injuries but then pulled things back around, in which case there's a debate to be had. But we'll have a clearer idea on Sunday.

One thing which is very important is that we don't get fooled by a single result. End of season form has often been an indicator of how we'll start the next campaign, but there's always been a danger that we're distracted by a sole errant scoreline. For instance we beat Spurs at the end of 2000-01, leading many to soften their line on Taylor when his position was being seriously considered. Had he gone, we might have stayed up. There are plenty of one-offs which have gone against the grain at the end of a season, but often the grain tells you more about what's coming next than the one-off does.

That said, the board decided to wait until the end of the season. If Puel had had any sort of serious chance of keeping his job, then a win over Spurs and 6 points from those 3 games would be as good as they could realistically have hoped for. I doubt that'll happen but you never know.

1 hour ago, StevieB said:

I’ve said this elsewhere and it’s what I thought at half time. It is one possible reason, and he has cut a lonely figure of late. Also I think someone said he didn’t celebrate any of the goals? If true, not consistent with what he has been like in the past. 

Vards needs to write another autobiography so the dirt can be spilled. 

He had a chat with Vardy at one point and after a few seconds called Stowell over to talk to Vardy instead and then walked off. It was very odd.

At 1-0 he was walking around his technical area kicking away imaginary litter. You know, like people do when they are quietly seething. It was also very odd.