Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AjcW

Big Banter Ben Departs....

Ben Hamer Joins Huddersfield Town

Goalkeeper Ben Hamer has joined Huddersfield Town on a free transfer after his contract with Leicester City Football Club came to an end.

- Ben Hamer has signed for Premier League side Huddersfield Town 
- The goalkeeper joins the Terriers on a free transfer after his contract with Leicester City expired 
- Hamer joined City in 2014 and represented the Club 20 times in all competitions

The 30-year-old shot stopper joined the Foxes after a three-year spell with Charlton Athletic in the summer of 2014 and went on to make his Premier League debut for the Club in a 1-0 away win at Stoke City.

In total, Hamer made 20 appearances in Leicester City colours and leaves with the best wishes of everybody at the Football Club for his future career with Huddersfield Town.

Edited by AjcW

Can't believe he's got a 3 year deal, he's done very well for himself financially, without really playing. His agent must be a miracle worker. Didn't he go on loan to Bristol when they were in League 1 and he was shite there too. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, AjcW said:

2. Lossl is a beast! 

he's gone from watching Denmark's number one to watching Denmark's number 2, apparently he had "lots" of offers so why not go somewhere you'll play?

Edited by Jimmy
  • Like 1

Clearly happy to be a reserve keeper at a premier league club rather than play regularly lower down. Going to earn a fortune from football without playing many games, I don’t know i think mercenary or fair play for making the most out of what you can. 

He's steady but probably not of Premier League quality. From his perspective he's earned a packet and clearly isn't overly interested in achieving anything in his own right. From their perspective they get a player who they need to be in the squad but will barely ever play who is a good influence on the dressing room and isn't a total liability. It's a lukewarm deal all around.

30 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Clearly happy to be a reserve keeper at a premier league club rather than play regularly lower down. Going to earn a fortune from football without playing many games, I don’t know i think mercenary or fair play for making the most out of what you can. 

I’m thinking mercenary myself. What will he be on a week at Huddersfield, 10k a week maybe? Half a million pounds a year for the next three years to train a few hours a day but no pressure of match days. Easy money...