Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Colombia v England - last 16 round - 03/07 at 19:00ko

Just now, The Doctor said:

Different confederation, different continent... Don't see how the refs nationality matters?

Matters quite a bit when there's such a recent violent history between the nations. Could have been avoided, imo 

Just now, Milo said:

Matters quite a bit when there's such a recent violent history between the nations. Could have been avoided, imo 

It's irrelevant. We win this because we play better football (once Southgate grows a pair)

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I really wish the pundits would have had the bollocks to say that's never a red card. 

For the record, I'm with you on Kane and the penalties against Tunisia. I'd also like to say, we all know it, Nasri should never really have been sent off vs Vardy. Oh and while we're on Tunisia, theirs was never, ever a penalty. The pratt just walked in to Walkers arm and jumped on the deck. Which leads me on to this... 

... Which should never be a red card. 

It just isn't violent conduct. If it was violent conduct, Henderson wouldn't still be playing, he'd be off somewhere getting his nose put back together. 

If we don't stop punishing players for a tiny bit of contact then players are never going to stop diving at a tiny bit of contact. It's a ridiculous chicken and egg situation. 

If you're not actually risking injury to anyone then let a few tempers flare, it's a passionate game. 

You're stamping on someone's ankle or something I'm all for sending you off. You're really punching someone or actually properly nutting them or elbowing them? Straight red. 

But you brush someone on the nose with your finger tips or nudge them with your head? Just book the twat for handbags and get on with it. That's not violent conduct its just embarrassing. 

You might have a point, but what you're asking for is a change of the definition of violent conduct.

I'm sure Materazzi was perfectly okay after Zidane nutted him in the chest, but who wouldn't say that was a straight red?

It was a definite red by the standards we're used to.

1 minute ago, Milo said:

Is there? As far as I was aware America and Colombia cooperate more than America and most Latin and South American nations

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'd also like to say, we all know it, Nasri should never really have been sent off vs Vardy. 

Nasri didn't get a red card for that. Too bad for him he forgot he was already on a yellow.

2 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I'm streaming fox sports much better commentary!

Martin Tyler... always pretty good, hmm wait.. thats Optus sports commentator

Edited by ozleicester