Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ben Chilwell: A possible star in the making

19 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

I honestly can't really claim to mind the fact that he makes the odd comical fvck-up. I like to concentrate on the 95% of the time that we have an academy product who's good enough to be a top flight first team regular and possible future England contender. If we can't be proud of that as a fanbase, then what can we be proud of? People should be willing him on rather than seizing on any opportunity to criticise. He's still only a kid FFS.

This is FT so stop being so sensible!

You are meant to say he’s ‘shite’, ‘a bell-end’ or ‘world class’.

No-one is going to thank you for being logical...

:thumbup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I thought he was great again today, and if you look at all three of our matches, I'd rate him as our best player across those three games.

He should have scored today, and should have had some assists by now. I don't feel like the option he chooses in the final third is the worst one (though equally not the best) but it just doesn't quite come off. He put in a great ball to Nacho who missed it in the first half today and tested the keeper but maybe should have scored or squared it near the end today.

Regardless he gets up and down that left flank like an absolute trooper. Energy for days and I feel like he makes things happen esepcially when combining with Gray. He also seems a lot better defensively this season too.

I think he will be called up by Southgate for the England game coming up at the KP. He might not make it into the first team, but on current form I'd say he would deserve a cap, and has played for Southgate before at U21 level.

Edited by StriderHiryu

7 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Was absolutely outstanding today. Over the 90 minutes the pick of our outfield players. Defensively sound and got forward well whenever he had the chance. Three strong performances from him so far. 

Chillwell's form is the most pleasing aspect of our season so far for me.  Delighted that he is stepping up and looking to fulfil that potential.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Lots or Criticism earlier on from most, glides forward with the ball and has massive amounts of Stamina

I wonder if he will end up being and attacking player as he gets older, much like Bale 

I've said this before about Chilwell. He reminds me a lot of Bale when he goes on long runs skipping past players with ease. He doesn't posses the speed Bale has but he does have great stamina. 

He's looking much stronger and if he continues to improve defensively and attacking wise then he'll be some player. He's got a long way to go though but he deserves to be credited for a good start. Shame he didn't tuck that one away yesterday but Maguire got the plaudits in the end.

He’s certainly cut out the sloppy brain dead mistakes. Looks fitter and stronger than he’s ever done. Don’t think there’s ever been much doubt about ability. Keep it up! 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Just getting better and better. Future England LB

Trent on the right, Chillers on the left.

The future looks rosy for England

The England situation is interesting.  A lot of the WC squad have seen little action this season: e.g Jones  Cahill, Loftus-Cheek and Rose.

I would think Southgate will try to keep a lot of the WC squad in for now.  Young will probably hold his place.  If Rose doesn't I suspect Chilwell won't get a call up.  Bertrand and Sessengnon are others in the frame

He has been good for me this season. Very happy he is having a good run in the team. 

I know he's a LB but I do wish he'd be a bit more composed or better when in front of goal. Tried to score from impossible angle yesterday. Hopefully learns from stuff like this too over time

2 hours ago, Paddy. said:

The kid has always had loads of talent, he just needed more experience. This is why I get so pissed off when people hammer young players for making mistakes. Making those errors is what makes them even better if they have the right mentality and to me BC has always looked like a guy who will go a long way in the game. I'm really glad Chilwell is making a few people look a bit silly. 

.....Add to that a coach that coaches youth also. Puel is like Pep here encourages the youth to go out and play they way they can and if they make a mistake they so don't worry try it again, be you. 

There are too many Saturday morning "little league" parent coaches on here that see 1 mistake and want the player taken off, that's not coaching.

Take DA v Man U he made 1 mistake in the 1st minute of the opening game of a new season, the mistake being he tried to shoulder the ball instead of heading it  and it's caught him just below the shoulder it's not like he's caught the ball but has been slated since. Yet after that mistake was he actually that bad did Man U score another goal because of him? To reply they could have is not an answer they didn't. 

We as supporters have a big part to play in these guys careers also, if we adopt the Pep/Puel attitude and continue to cheer and encourage a player on even after a silly mistake they will grow and release the potential that our scouting and management teams, that see them day in day out, see in them.

• Like 4