Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fuchsntf

Kasper Schmeichel...

6 minutes ago, ttfn said:

“Leaders look inwards and take responsibility” is an interesting comment.

5 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

In what respect? Sly dig at others? 

4 minutes ago, Hales said:

Maybe at Brendan?

I don't think we can read too much in to that as a sly dig. At least not from a person like Kasper. 

It's clearly introspective, to me, and reflective of himself and his own thoughts on that. He is taking responsibility and it's not just the Instagram post there, it's his post-match comments too. 

• Like 2

Awful mistake from Kasper.

But over the course of the season, I'd say he's one of the few who can come out with their head held high. In fact, that goes to most of the defense.

It's the midfield / foward area that has lost us this season, not the defense.

Guest ttfn
Just now, StanSP said:

I don't think we can read too much in to that as a sly dig. At least not from a person like Kasper. 

It's clearly introspective, to me, and reflective of himself and his own thoughts on that. He is taking responsibility and it's not just the Instagram post there, it's his post-match comments too. 

I don’t think it has to be a sly dig at all, but it is absolutely spot on. Leadership is about accountability. Successful leaders do not pass the buck. I’m pleased Kasper realises that because it’s pretty clear his manager doesn’t.

Just now, ttfn said:

I don’t think it has to be a sly dig at all, but it is absolutely spot on. Leadership is about accountability. Successful leaders do not pass the buck. I’m pleased Kasper realises that because it’s pretty clear his manager doesn’t.

I agree.

31 minutes ago, Hales said:

Maybe at Brendan?

I blame nobody but Brendan tbh. Yes it was kasper who made the mistake but we were set up to fail in that second half. I truly believe we would have lost with or without this error 

56 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Kasper has been in the form of his life recently and is genuinely one of the very best around. Everyone has a bad game every so often. It’s big of him to apologise and acknowledge his mistakes when a lot wouldn’t. True club legend. 

Soy has also been on social media admitting he was stupid and apologising to the club.

Come on Brendan... fess up.

Sounds familiar:

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/liverpool-fc-brendan-rodgers-manager-leicester-city-celtic-fsg-john-henry-epl-a9142616.html

History of bottling it where it matters. I dont think it's going to get any better with Rodgers. 

If we are going to be a top 10 team with occasional flirt with the europa league, we may as well get a gritty manager like Dyche in.

Big Nige for the rebuild.

I would put good money that we will be in a relegation battle next year, we got annihilated by a pathetic Bournemouth side.

Edited by Foxin_Mad
  • Haha 4

Fair play to kasper for apologising not all players do after c*cking up. 

He has been in great form up until yesterdays game and kept us in a few matches.

If he was English he would've been England's number 1 for years now.

• Like 1

On 13/07/2020 at 13:13, Foxin_Mad said:

Sounds familiar:

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/liverpool-fc-brendan-rodgers-manager-leicester-city-celtic-fsg-john-henry-epl-a9142616.html

History of bottling it where it matters. I dont think it's going to get any better with Rodgers. 

If we are going to be a top 10 team with occasional flirt with the europa league, we may as well get a gritty manager like Dyche in.

Big Nige for the rebuild.

I would put good money that we will be in a relegation battle next year, we got annihilated by a pathetic Bournemouth side.

Lol

That save he made at 1-0 that nearly wrong-footed him looks even more important. Had very little to do today but did the job when it mattered!

Glad he avoided kicking it short most game. There was one time he gave it to Youri with about 3 Sheff Utd players round him and it scared the life out of me lol 

• Like 3

Just now, StanSP said:

That save he made at 1-0 that nearly wrong-footed him looks even more important. Had very little to do today but did the job when it mattered!

Glad he avoided kicking it short most game. There was one time he gave it to Youri with about 3 Sheff Utd players round him and it scared the life out of me lol 

lol Yeah I felt the same.

Agree about the save though, thought it was a good save and he may have been unsighted too.

I never lost confidence in him after a mistake at Bournemouth. Lets not forget he saved a pen against Brighton.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

There was one time he gave it to Youri with about 3 Sheff Utd players round him and it scared the life out of me lol 

I swore very loudly at that point. 

Great save off Wes's effort though.

Edited by trabuch

4 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Goalkeepers are always liable to make mistakes and often they lead to goals.

Kasper is far from perfect but he's one of the best we've ever had.

Said it many times, we'll only truly appreciate how good he is when we have to replace him.

Well...ive accidentally quoted this and had nothing to say. Can this be removed lol

Edited by filbertway
Im an idiot
  • Haha 1