Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
H.a.r.r.y

Support + atmosphere

4 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Great away day, atmosphere was fairly decent. 

Disappointed by Sheff fans though. Expected louder from them. Think they out sang us for about 10 minutes? 

Also what was the point in that score board? Every time I looked it was playing a bloody advert instead of the score or time. 

Score boards at football, literally showing the match score, amuse me. As if you’ve ever been at a Leicester game and thought ‘hmm, wonder what the score is?’

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Great away day, atmosphere was fairly decent. 

Disappointed by Sheff fans though. Expected louder from them. Think they out sang us for about 10 minutes? 

Also what was the point in that score board? Every time I looked it was playing a bloody advert instead of the score or time. 

Stringer said Sheff Utd were the best he’d heard since we were promoted 

Edited by mod hero
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, harpendenfox said:

Score boards at football, literally showing the match score, amuse me. As if you’ve ever been at a Leicester game and thought ‘hmm, wonder what the score is?’

Assume you missed the "everytime I looked it showed an advert not the score or time?" In which case it's showing none of what a "score board" screen should?

The Leicester one shows the game, score, time and occasionally other fixtures scores. 

2 minutes ago, mod hero said:

Stringer said Sheff Utd were the best he’d heard since we were promoted 

Wasn't that impressed actually.  They pipped up when Mcburnie came on and about 10 mins from them scoring when they were loud. Minus that was fairly quiet.

• Like 1

Concourse was raucous.

The stands were decent. Granted I was just behind ufs who seemed to keep it going for 90 mins. 

Anyone who thinks the blades were decent is mad. They piped up when then equalised and that was about it.

The limbs behind the goal when we scored the 2nd gives me hope for our ends. I ended up sat in the deck with about 3 bodies on top of me, bust a chair, my ribs will bear tesiment to that tomorrow. 

Can't fault it.:scarf:

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Concourse was raucous.

The stands were decent. Granted I was just behind ufs who seemed to keep it going for 90 mins. 

Anyone who thinks the blades were decent is mad. They piped up when then equalised and that was about it.

The limbs behind the goal when we scored the 2nd gives me hope for our ends. I ended up sat in the deck with about 3 bodies on top of me, bust a chair, my ribs will bear tesiment to that tomorrow. 

Can't fault it.:scarf:

Sounds like you were very close to me....mind you, it might have happened elsewhere.

It was definitely more like it from us in my recent experience, even if the stands weren’t as good as the concourse.

Keep organised blocks going, Union FS doing well tbf to them and a much better feel about the club!

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, leicesterseddon said:

Piss poor from them they couldn’t sell out for their second home game back. Looks like there were loads of empty seats in the tier above us too. 

Especially when it was a 3pm KO, blazing sunshine, etc. 

Tbf sheff wed have alot more support then these, they didnt sell out last week neither, 

Concourse was insane, we had moments in the stand which were brilliant, but between the start of the second half and their goal, our end just couldn’t get going. They had a good spell once Sharp came on, but ultimately the limbs once Barnes strike went in makes you forget how dead we were. The whole end was standing and some songs were very loud, helped by us winning again. Encouraging start from both always so far but still work to do.

5 hours ago, Yes N'Didi said:

Concourse was insane, we had moments in the stand which were brilliant, but between the start of the second half and their goal, our end just couldn’t get going. They had a good spell once Sharp came on, but ultimately the limbs once Barnes strike went in makes you forget how dead we were. The whole end was standing and some songs were very loud, helped by us winning again. Encouraging start from both always so far but still work to do.

This is what gets quite frustrating, I know with success comes atmosphere (e.g. winning a game) but it should be non stop 90 mins. The team needs the support in the tough moments.

That's why I love the support in the Bundesliga for example, it's 90 mins full power, getting behind their team. If their 4-0 up or 4-0 down.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, worth_the_wait said:

Dunno what the obsession with "middle-aged" men is?

There were loads of absolutely rat-arsed lads around me.  And they were young.

Not that i'm complaining.  It made forva good atmosphere, and it was carnage when we scored.

Better than a sack of potatoes sitting in seats doing nothing!  

I like a load of beers and I'm young. My 'obsession ' is more with the health implications of living that kind of life into middle age(beers, burgers etc) for years on end. Surely a slow and painful death is coming. But yes, would prefer these types then being surrounded by arsenal fans drinking wine and filming the ''sceneees ' for social media

Edited by grobyfox1990

Apologies for the pale complexion and a bit too much timber. But that's the result of a 39 year old who should know better getting caught in the moment and so you know what I ****ing loved it😂 glad I didn't have my lad with me tho, he may have been crushed.20190825_102624.thumb.jpg.8efb12cbc7192982302064bb290a5e9f.jpg

• Like 2

One thing I don't understand is the people who go to away games with the sole intention of trying to wind up the home fans. Hideously ugly bloke next to me who looked just like an older version of Beans from Even Stevens spent the whole game obsessively sticking his fingers up at the home fans. I don't think he even looked at the match once. I know this because I had to spend most of the game staring at his elbow as he was reaching right across my face to get his point across. I don't have a problem with people standing up, singing, getting pissed and having a good time, but at least watch the game and be mindful of other people around you who are there to enjoy the game.

Premiere+Rogue+Pictures+Balls+Fury+zlFN1xlspLkl.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, worthosoriginals said:

at least they got there,

made the effort. should be applauded not mocked by stay at home armchair critics

I wasn't mocking anyone, Wortho. It's a mask, by the look of it. Someone is having a laugh (bit like the weirdo baby mask).

btw, I drive a 290 mile round trip for all home matches. I'm not armchair.