Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
H.a.r.r.y

Support + atmosphere

4 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

It was a good away end by our recent standards to be honest. We're often good in our first away though, keep it up. I'm hoping that things have gotten so bad that it's actually made people want to make a difference this year.

I just want to enjoy away days again, it's sad it's actually been putting me off going. 

Really looking forward to Saturday :appl:

• Like 3

I was to one side, next to an aisle. The usual suspects (middle aged, drunk, thoughtless) wanted to get to their seats as late as possible, thus inevitably they were stood on the steps, and nothing was done about this. When that 2nd goal went in, there was a serious charge and a lot of people went over, and it wasn't far from causing a serious issue - there were bodies on bodies.

Seating therefore does not necessarily prevent such incidents - we were stood throughout - and in fact, in my mind it strengthens the case for safe standing. It just bothers me that some people seem to get blind drunk and endanger themselves, and therefore everyone else. 

It wasn't that good. Concourse sounded good (I was already in my seat when I could hear people singing) but on the terrace it was more inconsistent than anything else.

Celebrations were good where I was (nearer their fans).

They were a typical home team. Okay for 10 mins then dies off. It was loud when they scored, as expected. People take the piss out of the big clubs - rightly so - but there aren't many, if any, home atmosphere's I'm impressed with.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Concourse was superb but the end itself was a bit flat (although I've been in worse). We're a bit weird - we're one of these fanbases who makes a lot of noise when it's needed less lol it was a brilliant day though.

I don’t think it helped that we had the whole lower tier as opposed to part of upper and part of lower. I was right by the home fans by the corner flag and constantly heard our stand singing about 3 different chants simultaneously lol 

Had a great day out sampling many great beers. Thought atmosphere was ok, was absolutely belting before kick off with the Maguire song. But then yes, inconsistent with loads of middle aged drunk men. I see many of them at most away games always hammered. How do they handle it?! Surely multiple illnesses are awaitng

Great away day, atmosphere was fairly decent. 

Disappointed by Sheff fans though. Expected louder from them. Think they out sang us for about 10 minutes? 

Also what was the point in that score board? Every time I looked it was playing a bloody advert instead of the score or time. 

• Like 2