Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tickler28

Crystal Palace (A) 15 Dec Pre Match Thread

Just hope Puel picks his strongest team if fit and not use the old  *too many games in a short period of time* mantra which he is so fond of using. Spread everything too thinly and we'll probably fail on all fronts. Just want him to deal with each game as it comes.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Quite simple 3-4-1-2

Schmeichel

Soyuncu

Morgan

Maguire

Ricardo

Mendy

Ndidi

Chilwell

Maddison

Okazaki

Vardy

Works for me. At some stage I wouldn't mind a look at Ghezzal up front later with Vardy too. I know some will roll their eyes, but in two matches we have played without a recognised striker up front he scored one, and got in far more shots on target/per minute played than anyone else last night. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

With the exception of Bournemouth, we've been competitive against teams more on our level. Palace away form is abysmal but they're no pushovers at home.

Zaha being suspended is probably a bonus. Shackle McArthur, after his recent run of goalscoring, and I think we can nick it. 

6 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

This should be a win, they are poor and without key players.

But let’s not forget, the Owl did for Puel twice last season, big time

3 hours ago, Max Wall said:

With the exception of Bournemouth, we've been competitive against teams more on our level. Palace away form is abysmal but they're no pushovers at home.

Zaha being suspended is probably a bonus. Shackle McArthur, after his recent run of goalscoring, and I think we can nick it. 

image.thumb.png.b205f1c53e0e5e4ea3d4f62aba8d73b2.png

2 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I like the idea of Ghezzal as the 10

Not the worst idea actually, especially if we went 3 at the back with two 10’s:

Kasper

Soyuncu

Morgan/Evans

Maguire

Pereira

Mendy

Ndidi

Chilwell

Ghezzal

Maddison

Vardy

Edited by Devonfox1884

As much as I'd like to see it, I still don't think Puel will go with 3 at the back. He seems set on making the 4-2-3-1 work, as I think he thinks it gives us greater control over possession in the game. If it is to be 4-2-3-1, I'd go...

Schmeichel

Pereira

Morgan

Evans

Chilwell

Mendy

Ndidi

Albrighton

Maddison

Gray

Vardy

Same as against Watford. Would say Ndidi maybe doesn't warrant a starting place, but Iborra wasted his chance against Spurs, game totally passed him by.

I think their team will be harder to predict, and thus prepare for, than ours. They have played 442 with four central midfieldrs and let Townsend and Zaha run the attack mostly, with McArthur and Meyer providing some creativity. Without Zaha they may have to find a different way to play as they won't have his dribbling and speed to transition them from defense to attack. I expect a change in tactics from them.