Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Man City (EFL Cup - 18/12/18) - Match Thread

1 minute ago, Philkeavo said:

Fraude Puel has sucked the life out of the team. What a sorry depressing sight.

Don't be daft. This team has scored more at home this season than any other team home and away. We don't look that bad against them

Chasing shadows out there.

A bit like the Tottenham game where it feels like we're not even having a go. To be fair they are a very good team, Diaz looks good and KDB is running the show in the middle of the park, but they have complete control and are just passing us to death. It's just too easy for them.

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Otamendi, Stones, Walker, De Bruyne, Aguero and Mahrez are playing against us, along with Phoden and Diaz. 

6 out of 11,both aguero and de Bruyne have only came back from injury, foden and Diaz are young kids. Talented but still young and inexperienced. (Foden might be slightly more experienced having played a bit now and again.) 

1 minute ago, Kitchandro said:

Their reserve players don’t actually look very good, that’s the sad thing.

Same as last year, we start with 2 up front (one being Vardy) and we win.

Poor, poor game.

I'd agree, but if he's not fit, he's not fit.

I think we have done ok.

Just now, justfoxes said:

Keep Gray and Choudry on Ghezzal and Nacho maybe ?

Yes. I feel a bit for Ghezzal (his crap set-pieces aside) as he's got no-one to aim for ahead of him. Okazaki will at least pressure their defence and hopefully Maddison can get involved just behind him.

2 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

£37 million pounds on Ghezzal and Iheanacho

Ghezzal is better than he's shown I suspect, just based on the flashes we've seen. Though the one-legged crap is incredibly predictable.

Iheanacho is just sandbagging so that Man City doesn't exercise their option to buy him back. :teehee:

As expected hardly seeing any of the ball, think weve contained them fairly well but they havent exactly got out of 2nd gear, few postives...ward continues to look like the keeper we wanted to challenge kasper, i really like him, grays trying to get us going when hes on the ball and hamza i feel has had a brilliant 1st half, negatives... what the f**k has happened to ndidi, nacho simply cannot play up top on his own, and ghezzal continues to look like hes won a competition to play for us

I don't agree with those saying that the manager should be sacked.  We are a mid table team in transition with a bit of an injury crisis, playing against a wonderteam which still has some superstars.

But I can't see the point of Ghezzal, Iheanacho looks semi-bothered and Wilf's famous wand of a first touch has deserted him. :ph34r:

Would like a jammy goal and cling on for penos.

COYB.