Carl the Llama

Man City 1-1 (1-3 on penalties) post match bickering

A loss is always more annoying when it's totally in your hands that you could have done something different.

Those penalties were utterly shite. Some of the worst. That fvcking stutter in the run-up is disgustingly bad. Never liked it.

Maddison and Soyuncu need to give their heads a wobble. Fair play for stepping up (defenders or not, doesn't bother me if you have the confidence to take one). But never been a fan of the stutter or not getting it on target (Fuchs, Sterling lol). Some penalties were ridiculously weak. 

Very frustrating!!!

• Like 2

The players selected did extremely well. Maybe we win with a strongest team, maybe we don't. 

The penalties were pathetic.

Can anyone offer a logical reason as to why Soyuncu takes a penalty ahead of Albrighton or Gray?

• Like 3

It probably doesn't solve our issue of getting the ball quicker to our attacking players but Hamza probably deserves a start over either Wilf or Mendy.

At least we might win it higher up the pitch, or get the crowd involved by crunching into a tackle.

Am normally critical of Gray, but thought he was good tonight as well 

Edited by martyn

Just now, Isle of Wight Fox said:

Maybe I’m a bit old school but stuttering run-ups? Three defenders taking pens?

And not having our first choice keeper.... imagine if this cup match was taken seriously  

• Confused 2

No doubt some fans will blame Puel for the penalty order when Fuchs and Soyuncu took them early in the last round.

• Like 3

You could almost tell before they took the pens they would miss

lefty Fuchs.... conversion 

Maddison feeble 

Soyuncu Defender, just learnt to communicate, hardly gonna be full of confidence 

pathetic 

Excellent comeback and some good performances in that second half

But what in the name of sweet Baby Jesus were we doing with those penalties?

We’ll never get a better chance of progressing...and we shat our pants

:(

Edited by Col city fan

1 minute ago, Langston said:

Season is dead, please sack this clueless **** and bring someone capable of making me excited to watch my team in again. 

Thought we were actually pretty exciting in the second half. Agree with the sentiment to some degree - why he thinks we can play so cautiously and somehow succeed against City when we couldn't even do it against Palace is beyond me - but he changed it around in the second and we played well. More to the point, that's twice in the same round of the same cup against the same team at the same venue where you would probably have backed our full strength team to get a result without pens. Weird decision not to take that chance. 

We nearly jammied into the semis. A lot better than the murdering I was expecting. Still not sure if I really saw Ndidi play that over the top ball to Albrighton... After all his giveaways he does that!?! Play Hamza more Puel, kid got heart and some flippin intensity.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Dames said:

Great second half performance let down by some of the worst penalties you’ll ever see.

Another situation we come away thinking ‘missed opportunity’ which is quickly becoming synonymous with Puels reign. 

Spot on. Alas.

1 minute ago, Foxxed said:

Hamza was incredible. Missed loads of u23s. First game back. And was excellent against the finest attacking players in the league. I apologise for mocking you @FIF lol.

I was against dropping a young Ndidi because he's not great at passing when he's playing so he improves his passing but for an academy player I'd happily see him benched.

I’d rather play both together. 

Mendy started well but recently he’s faded off. 

Just another average player, Hamza and Ndidi much more potential put them together

4 minutes ago, Langston said:

Season is dead, please sack this clueless **** and bring someone capable of making me excited to watch my team in again. 

Pamela Anderson?

Rachel Riley?

Just highlights for me IF we had a competent plan b to Vardy we would be so much more competitive. It's becoming embarrassing now. I appreciate we paid a shed load for him which is the only reason we persist but we have to consider the teams league and future cup potential over 1 young man's confidence. Bang him out on loan and look to offload in summer. We should raid the loan market in Jan to plug this gap. 

Was expecting a 3 nil rout, first half was awful, Puel showed some management capability and made some decisive changes In the second half, so he should get some credit.  I hope he learns from today, however this was a opportunity lost, if we played our strongest 11, I believe we could have won that

• Like 1

Played pretty well against Man City though, could've nicked a winner. Choudhury & Fuchs were superb, Gray, Maguire & Simmo to a lesser extent did well and of course Albrighton scored a beauty. Not sure about Iborra, he's like a knock off Matic and doesn't look like he's 100% arsed

Terrible pens, missed opportunity and all that. Both teams selected secondary players but they also had de Bruyne, Aguero & Mahrez(all world class). The Cups arent over yet

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

Right so, we did well to get back into the game, we actually gave it a go albeit with little quality I have to say, until perhaps the changes were made.

Onto the penalties, they were awful, awful penalties.

Those 2 things i'm gonna credit the first part and not blame Puel for the second part, I can't, not his fault they were shocking penos.

However Puel does need holding accountable for the starting line up. A stronger line up and we'd have won that, it was pretty much exactly like last season, did he learn absolutely nothing from that?

Did Puel ever learn anything from any of his mistakes? 

• Like 1