Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Claude Puel defends his Leicester City record

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

Thanks for sharing that. Quite interesting to see him in his homeland on their equivalent of match of the day. His body language is interesting, you can see he is under pressure and he certainly has looked more nervous now than at any time during his career with us so far. Or perhaps it's because he cares more this time round? Personally I have noticed he is *way* more animated and part of the game than he was in his first year with us. When Barnes scored he was super happy I noticed.

I do agree with what he says, but keeping the fans onside is a huge part of any job and it's something I've always felt he could do better at. To be honest some of the things he has said in the last month or so I wished he had said in the summer - I think it would have gotten more people on his side. Same with the emotional side. More fist pumping or reaction after scoring goals would go down well with both players and fans I think.

He has no chance of keeping the fans onside. He is animated at games. Even beating Chelsea and Man City people were just waiting for the next slip up. Most have made their minds up from the off

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

The guy has no regard for the fan base and the fact that they may want to be entertained when they go to watch the football and to at least be able to beat bottom half sides at home (particularly when they go down to 10-men).

Fair enough to him for showing some lesser seen personality but I’d respect it a lot more if he didn’t come across as so bitter about the fact that supporters are asking valid questions. These kind of reactions tell me that he can’t see the problems and is happy to blame everyone except himself.

Hooefully he’s raising his profile in France in the expectation he’ll be needing a job there soon. The guy’s ripped apart the togetherness that saw this club achieve it’s greatest triumph.

Get him out.

Was that the same togetherness of the squad that got Claudio and Craig sacked? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pazzerfox said:

If we go back to the Pearson days when we were bottom of the league, supporters still had hope because we actually playing well as a group and were all pulling in the same direction.  Under Claude, it's more about the performances than the results for me.  Everyone doesn't appear to be on the same page.

Agree. Some want results first, some entertainment first.

Slightly confuses me to be honest why anyone would tantamount demand more entertainment in favour of results, especially with the recent tragedy and the prospect of the squad overhaul.

Different strokes for,different folks I guess. :scarf:

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

The guy has no regard for the fan base and the fact that they may want to be entertained when they go to watch the football and to at least be able to beat bottom half sides at home (particularly when they go down to 10-men).

Fair enough to him for showing some lesser seen personality but I’d respect it a lot more if he didn’t come across as so bitter about the fact that supporters are asking valid questions. These kind of reactions tell me that he can’t see the problems and is happy to blame everyone except himself.

Hooefully he’s raising his profile in France in the expectation he’ll be needing a job there soon. The guy’s ripped apart the togetherness that saw this club achieve it’s greatest triumph.

Get him out.

Rubbish...and never in 136+ years.  We are Leicester...not a walt-disney production..or a tourist rest in San Francisco...:P

Oops fisherman's warf..:crylaugh:

Edited by fuchsntf

F2F.JPG.b04aff8532be45e1dc9bf89d3f78a129.JPG

- Guy’s tough …

-  as nails!

- But intelligent.    

- Way smarter than he gets credit for.

- Stubborn to a fault.  

- I’ll give you that.  Nobody’s perfect.

- Underneath a thin veneer he’s actually quite pugnacious.

- Ha ha!  What veneer ?!

- Puel in!

- WTF?!  I was talking about Big Nige !!

Just now, m4DD0gg said:

His arrogance is astounding and his seeming contempt for the fans is poor, bit rich considering how poor a manager he is.

Two way street in my mind. This post is so heavily loaded with irony I must assume it is in jest.

15 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Get him out.

For a manager it's not about entertainment it's about winning,  the fans don't come first and nor should they it's a business. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

He certainly is speaking his mind more in the last 2-3 weeks. It is very easy to speak out using the excuse that  expectations are beyond our reach. 

I think we started the season wanting 7th and or a cup run giving us a chance for Europe. If we showed any consistency something we should comfortably get. Something we should have comfortably got last season too but we fall away drastically.

I believe a better manager would walk this side to best of the rest. That's all we ask. Puel is distancing himself from the fans even more with his comments and I'm not sure he has ever understood the fan base and what we expect. 

• Like 3

Just now, Gazza M said:

He certainly is speaking his mind more in the last 2-3 weeks. It is very easy to speak out using the excuse that  expectations are beyond our reach. 

I think we started the season wanting 7th and or a cup run giving us a chance for Europe. If we showed any consistency something we should comfortably get. Something we should have comfortably got last season too but we fall away drastically.

I believe a better manager would walk this side to best of the rest. That's all we ask. Puel is distancing himself from the fans even more with his comments and I'm not sure he has ever understood the fan base and what we expect. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We need our man on the ground...

@FIF - Did you see this? How did it come across?

I agree that he might be on a bit on a hiding to nothing, but I think he could also help himself a little more. It's sometimes less helpful to see things written, and better to see them in the full context.

Just now, RumbleFox said:

If you're reading this forum Claude (though not sure why you would unless you enjoy self harm) just note that quite a few of us are still behind you and can see what you are trying to do.  Best of luck.  X

BIGGER LETTERS GRUMBLE !! ....    :thumbup:

• Like 1

Just now, RumbleFox said:

If you're reading this forum Claude (though not sure why you would unless you enjoy self harm) just note that quite a few of us are still behind you and can see what you are trying to do.  Best of luck.  X

you couldn't explain to me why he plays with 2/3 defensive midfielders against fulham/cardiff at home could you, and why does he keep rotating the back 4?

• Like 1

Sorry but why can’t we want more after winning the league? We keep getting told that we were in league 1 so should be grateful. Why can’t it work the other way?

and if like some say we will be a 7-12 team we may as well be entertained whilst doing it!! Understand he’s trying to build but he’s hardly only been here a month or two. He’s had over a year.