Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

Tottenham Hotspur (A) Match Thread

12 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Least Tielemans starts...

Assume Gray will play up top, with Barnes and Ghezzal on the wings. 

It's brave dropping Vardy for sure.

id actually really like to see harvey up top on his own over the others. he’s a much more direct runner than the others.

Edited by MPH

What on earth is that :facepalm:

We have a good opportunity today to get a result against Spurs, then he goes and puts that team out.

Mendy and Ghezzal ffs, it's like he's trying to get himself sacked.

This will either be the most genius move in managerial history or the most stupid.

• Like 2

Just now, foxfan92 said:

So how do we solve the problem of us not being clinical in front of goal? Dropping our most prolific goal scorer and not playing any recognised striker of course.

I worry that hes shifting  the team to play the way he wants rather than the way that suits our players. 

I feel Albrighton will be a big loss for us regardless of how we play, his work ethic overshadows any of his shortcomings and is vital when we're playing strong opposition. 

However while this line up might actually mean we get the ball quickly into the final third, I cant see anyone on the pitch likely to be that focal point we need to create proper chances. 

Hoping if this doesnt work Claude is quick to change things.

I'm hoping it doesn't work so we have another reason to sack the ****.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Not sure about dropping Wilf over Mendy but at least hes making changes as certian players just haven't been good enough recently. Big call to drop Vardy but he has been poor recently. The fact not many people have mentioned Ghezzal shows how big the call was to drop Vardy and Wilf 

1 minute ago, kingfox said:

What on earth is that :facepalm:

We have a good opportunity today to get a result against Spurs, then he goes and puts that team out.

Mendy and Ghezzal ffs, it's like he's trying to get himself sacked.

This will either be the most genius move in managerial history or the most stupid.

Absolute banter when we go an win this 2-0 now

All jokes aside, it's an incredible gamble. It'll backfire horrendously should it fail. 

13 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

I like it, though it's ballsy to be sure.  Vardy's form is middling at best and Barnes has played the striker role plenty at West Ham.  Let's see what he can do.

Disagree. Vardy is doing what he's told to do and sits deeper. Yes his finishing could have been better in the last few matches, but he continues to defend from the front admirably and as ever stretches the opposition and causes problems all over the pitch.

Just now, ozleicester said:

So, if what im hearing is correct, Vardy has been dropped because he called Puel a Knobhead.

I assume we all support the manager in taking this action, surely the player has to be punished?

If true then fair enough. No player is bigger than our club and whether people like it or not, Claude is the manager at the moment and the players need to do what they are getting paid alot of money to do and not bitch and moan. 

• Like 2