Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

Tottenham Hotspur (A) Match Thread

It will probably cost him his job but he’s clearly showing Vardy who is boss. Takes no shit from him. Vardy hasn’t been good this season so there is an opportunity for Gray down the middle. Not that I think he’ll take it, maybe it’s Barnes down the middle? 

Just now, Fosse93 said:

As opposed to Mendy...

They all deserve it... but mendy has been more impressive all season than Wilf... so probably on this occasion sneaks in. He’s been particularly good in the big games. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, boosmanana said:

Quite an attacking team. We will get overrun in midfield. Vardy and Ndidi both deservedly dropped. Choudhury more deserving of a place than Mendy though. 

Quite an attacking team? You know we're not playing a striker, right?

Just now, Mee-9 said:

Oh my days.

No out and out striker, dropping the wrong midfielder. 

What is he doing? 

I think he is doing his utmost to send out a message that he is the boss, but it's more fuel for the fire of the fans who want him out. I almost admire him, even though it's a horrendous gamble yet again. What the fcuk does Mendy have to do to be dropped? His behaviour vs Man Utd was abysmal, his performance vs Southampton was one of the worst I've ever seen from a central midfielder and he werent much better vs Wolves. 

Vardy I could almost understand but the alternative is absolutely laughable. 

Just now, AjcW said:

They all deserve it... but mendy has been more impressive all season than Wilf... so probably on this occasion sneaks in. He’s been particularly good in the big games. 

Has Choudury not been better than both in the big games though?

The logic isn't consistent, and that's the problem under this manager.

Just now, Fosse93 said:

Quite an attacking team? You know we're not playing a striker, right?

I'm fully aware of this. Having Ricardo, Chilwell, Maddison, Tielemans, Gray, Ghezzal and Barnes in a starting 11 together is an attacking team though, out and out striker or not. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

So how do we solve the problem of us not being clinical in front of goal? Dropping our most prolific goal scorer and not playing any recognised striker of course.

I worry that hes shifting  the team to play the way he wants rather than the way that suits our players. 

I feel Albrighton will be a big loss for us regardless of how we play, his work ethic overshadows any of his shortcomings and is vital when we're playing strong opposition. 

However while this line up might actually mean we get the ball quickly into the final third, I cant see anyone on the pitch likely to be that focal point we need to create proper chances. 

Hoping if this doesnt work Claude is quick to change things.