Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gerard

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

A lot of ITK's on here said the deal had already been done in January. By "done" I imagine that Top and Rodgers shook hands on the deal rather than an official agreement, but I'm pretty sure it had been agreed at that point in time.

I think that Rodgers would understandably want to stay with Celtic to win the 10th title in a row with them, but recent results (and more likely the home crowd) have prompted the move. Kind of surprised if he joins us now and I'm not sure that speaks that well about him as a person, but at the same time he has done a great job with them and coming in now is great for us. Working with the team now means he will know exactly what we need in the summer.  

They have practically won the league 8 points ahead of Rangers, they are unlikely to lose 3 games on the spin.

On the one hand excellent.

On the other he’ll do the same to us in two years. But that’s football so I wouldn’t hold it against him! 

Clearly thinks he can make a change straight away 

Just now, TK95 said:

I am so glad to be honest. imagine if Everton or someone gatcrashed the move in the summer

That's why they've moved now. It was similar with Puel as shortly after a few clubs were also after managers such as Everton, though why we were so compelled to hire him I don't know. Nothing against the guy, but he was a surprise appointment. But then again I suppose Ranieri was too!

• Like 1

Just now, Happy Fox said:

They have practically won the league 8 points ahead of Rangers, they are unlikely to lose 3 games on the spin.

Oh absolutely, but it's the type of move that can leave a bitter taste in the mouths of supporters. Let's say the tables were turned, would we be happy? I suppose it's all relative as when MON left though upset I had nothing against him as he had done so much for us.

10 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I've voiced plenty of concerns about this. I have my doubts in him being the right man for the job BUT the minute he's in the door, I 100% behind him. 

In my opinion, Puel never stood a chance. To many people made up their minds about him before he was even in the door. It's important that doesn't happen again. 

Spot on.

I've voiced my concerns too, but he'll have my total support if installed.

(But I wonder how this forum will react when we go 0-2 down after 10 minutes in his first match in charge!!):whistle:

• Like 2

Wow, thought this might happen but no way did I expect it to happen now. He must be desperate to get out of Celtic or we've offered them something they can't refuse. He may also see massive potential here and might think he might not get a better offer for a while. 

Sorry Celtic, not only are we taking your manager, it also means Neil Lennon might be your next one. Talk about double whammy. 

I'm undecided on Rodgers I must admit but i'm glad it seems there is a plan and we've not gone for one of the merry go round managers. 

Edited by RowlattsFox
  • Like 1

Jonathan Northcroft Retweeted HeraldScotland

A very good match. A lot of Leicester supporting friends loved Ranieri but their favourite ever manager was Martin O'Neill. Brendan fuses the development/playing elements are LCFC looking for with a bit of the O'Neill, self-styled, 'underdog messiah' stuff. He'll go down well.