Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gerard

Brendan Rodgers

If this is true then hats off to the club for the decisive action. Sadly we have a split opinion on Foxes Talk for a changelol.

I hope he's a strong manager and this appointment works for us, what we don't need is the divided fan base and toxicity that has been surrounding our club.

COYB.

I've voiced plenty of concerns about this. I have my doubts in him being the right man for the job BUT the minute he's in the door, I 100% behind him. 

In my opinion, Puel never stood a chance. To many people made up their minds about him before he was even in the door. It's important that doesn't happen again. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My word. I'd love to know if the club has lined this up last week. It's almost impossibly fast. Admirable.

Also the :ph34r: emjoi is my absolute favourite. It conveys sneakiness so well.

To be honest it's been hard being here on the foruns due to the negativity. Not calling anyone out in particular,  I think Puel out, in or in between we were all frustrated and wanted things to be better. If this is true can't wait to get behind the manager. Come on Foxes!

I think he's exactly what we need. Strong manager who has dealt with massive personalities and pressure at Liverpool. He will not take any shit from our primadonnas and is highly motivated to prove he can still do it in the prem.

Edited by Fox 4 Life
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

If this is true then hats off to the club for the decisive action. Sadly we have a split opinion on Foxes Talk for a changelol.

I hope he's a strong manager and this appointment works for us, what we don't need is the divided fan base and toxicity that has been surrounding our club.

COYB.

I imagine everyone will get themselves excited for this,

Be funny if after a few months we split into the same camps again:  40 % in 60 % out lol 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tanya said:

My word. I'd love to know if the club has lined this up last week. It's almost impossibly fast. Admirable.

Also the :ph34r: emjoi is my absolute favourite. It conveys sneakiness so well.

To be honest it's been hard being here on the foruns due to the negativity. Not calling anyone out in particular,  I think Puel out, in or in between we were all frustrated and wanted things to be better. If this is true can't wait to get behind the manager. Come on Foxes!

A lot of ITK's on here said the deal had already been done in January. By "done" I imagine that Top and Rodgers shook hands on the deal rather than an official agreement, but I'm pretty sure it had been agreed at that point in time.

I think that Rodgers would understandably want to stay with Celtic to win the 10th title in a row with them, but recent results (and more likely the home crowd) have prompted the move. Kind of surprised if he joins us now and I'm not sure that speaks that well about him as a person, but at the same time he has done a great job with them and coming in now is great for us. Working with the team now means he will know exactly what we need in the summer.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

Agreed however could he really do much more up there. I know Rangers have been a shadow of themselves the last 5 years but he is already one of the most successful Celtic managers ever, I think he has achieved all he can there. 

For sure. I guess I just like to finish the job I have started, and can't help wondering how quickly he would jump ship with us if something more shiney came along. But hey, overall this is a very positive step so I will join in the celebrations!