Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
WilfND

BRENDAN Official

3 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

With regards to us taking any of their players... I'd take McGregor. Plays the same type of role as Tielemans who should be our priority but if we want two players for every position, Hamza and McGregor would be excellent backup for Tielemans and Ndidi. 

Tierney is a cracking player but unless Chilwell goes, we don't need him.

James Forrest is a funny one. He's basically Dimmi Gray with a better work rate and more football intelligence but his decision making at times makes him wildly inconsistent but he's mules ahead of Ghezzal so I could take him or leave him. 

Apart from that, there's no one I'd by hugely excited about us getting. 

Agree. Looking forward to seeing the gems Brendan pulls from your squad. I think there are going to be some very surprised people here.

4 hours ago, BhoyinthaHood said:

I was gutted to see Rodgers go yesterday. 

I have absolutely no problem with him going to Leicester. I'm more annoyed that he didn't see this Season through (apparently Leicester said they'd wait??).

It's bitter sweet considering the success he brought Celtic. But like any Club, no Player or Manager is bigger than the Club itself.

We've lost great players and managers in our history and moved on.

PS Tierney allegedly told BR to do one when he was saying his goodbyes...

No one knows what goes on behind closed doors. Lawell, Rodgers and Desmond. What I would have given to be a fly on the wall of that meeting. Heard Rodgers had tendered his resignation last summer after watching another transfer season fiasco.

They turned him down.

4 hours ago, norwichfox said:

No doubt there will be plenty of "thank you" posts from those fans given he's just completed a "double treble" and leaves them well set up on the way to a third (I've not seen one so far)...maybe the term "entitled fans" should be reserved solely for Celtic's "supporters".

Liverpool and Swansea are close behind. Went to Kerrydale St. last night. Nothing but "handbags and roundabouts"and Drama Queens everywhere. To be expected in this modern age.

4 hours ago, SO1 said:

Wonder how long the Celtic fans will be on here with their nonsense. 69 games without defeat. 7 Trophies. Go home and support your team. They play Hearts tonight. They need you. Football is a business.

Had to have a quick look as 69 aint correct.

Celtic have lost 4 this season though in SPL.  Exact same nos of losses as Glagow Rangers

Glasgow Rangers were last to beat them in SPL 29th December 2018 1-0.   I know as i watched the game up in Scotland.

7 minutes ago, Broxi-Bear said:

Celtic have lost 4 this season though in SPL.  Exact same nos of losses as Glagow Rangers

Glasgow Rangers were last to beat them in SPL 29th December 2018 1-0.   I know as i watched the game up in Scotland.

not current

1 hour ago, yorkie1999 said:

@Deludedbrendan tweeted this on the 16th of Jan, which i found interesting.

Image-1.jpg

This is blatantly when the appointment was made.The reason why we were able to get our man so quickly is that Rudkin and Top were likely in constant touch with Rodgers and had the deal signed, sealed and delivered already. Many ITK's said in January that the deal had already been done with some of the top players even knowing about it like Vardy.

Fair play to Top, it's the first big decision he's had to make since Vichai left and he's made it swiftly and decisively. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Babylon said:

**** I'm excited about things right now, I sort of was anyway as I could see what we were aiming for. But Rodgers I think will be a step up from Claude, with similar ideas but better execution. I really think the players will all be well on board with this club now, they will all see the ambition we have.

Unusually, I agree entirely .... I can't remember being this excited as a Leicester fan (well apart from various times in 2016 maybe).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Broxi-Bear said:

Look up the invincible season and the season after that. 69 game win streak that ended at Hearts. 60 wins 9 draws. Google it.

Anyone seen the Celtic fans' banner tonight? lol

"You traded immortality for mediocrity" lol

As if back to back trebles is somehow not enough and as though Scottish football and being slapped about in Europe is also somehow not mediocre.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

As if back to back trebles is somehow not enough and as though Scottish football and being slapped about in Europe is also somehow not mediocre.

Crazy isn’t it just seen that. If he didn’t join now he would have at the end of the season. He is probably bored shitless of that league now as its crap. It’s not like he left them in the shit either there top won a cup and in the qf of another 

14 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Get over it, like you’ve never done it to a smaller club before. Bloody Blackpool would be a bigger draw for a manager as they’ve at least got a chance of playing in the English top flight. :cheers:

06711C99-7588-440D-A73B-BDF45020A242.jpeg

• Sad 1

53 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

They’re clearly being self deprecating - they know they’re a squalid club in a mediocre league and are excited that Brendan’s going to be immortal after his achievements here. 

You're an idiot if you read it any other way. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

This is blatantly when the appointment was made.The reason why we were able to get our man so quickly is that Rudkin and Top were likely in constant touch with Rodgers and had the deal signed, sealed and delivered already. Many ITK's said in January that the deal had already been done with some of the top players even knowing about it like Vardy.

Fair play to Top, it's the first big decision he's had to make since Vichai left and he's made it swiftly and decisively. 

It’s not been much of a secret within the game but sometimes when things seem to be like that it’s sort of too obvious to be true .....anyway. no surprise that things moved quickly once Celtic were knocked out of Europe ..... I imagine puel’s decision to leave vardy out at Wembley also helped hurry things along ......

50 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

It’s not been much of a secret within the game but sometimes when things seem to be like that it’s sort of too obvious to be true .....anyway. no surprise that things moved quickly once Celtic were knocked out of Europe ..... I imagine puel’s decision to leave vardy out at Wembley also helped hurry things along ......

I feel like the plan all along was to appoint him in the summer, but the Wolves game probably had him in close contact with an eye on a quick move, and Palace sealed the deal.

Regardless despite Vichai passing away, the swiftness of the move is impressive. I always say that I have great faith in the people running our club such as Susan Wheelan, and it's good to see that standards are still high despite Top taking over. Even Rudkin of recent has been decent :ph34r:! I thought Puel deserved time, but always said the best part about our club strategy was that even if he left, someone else with the right characteristics could easily pick up the pieces. Rodgers with his proven track record of developing young players and playing good technical football fits the bill perfectly and means that the transition should be seamless. It wouldn't even have surprised me if Rudkin briefed Rodgers on Youri Tielemans, who I believe is our number 1 summer target and who I actually think we might get!

1 hour ago, Sir Shep said:

Get over it, like you’ve never done it to a smaller club before. Bloody Blackpool would be a bigger draw for a manager as they’ve at least got a chance of playing in the English top flight. :cheers:

06711C99-7588-440D-A73B-BDF45020A242.jpeg

Pretty pathetic really. I do think Rodgers could have handled it a lot better with a good official statement thanking the fans, but this is just tasteless. Especially as deep down I don't think Celtic fans are even angry at either Leicester or Rogers. What they are angry about is that Scottish football has declined to such a level that a club whom 20 years ago *they* raided for our manager is now taking their manager instead. And for a huge club with rich history like Celtic that must be quite depressing. But I don't see what that banner is going to achieve really other than making the fans look like crybabies. This is the equivalent of if we held up "JUDAS KANTE" banners when we play Chelsea, etc lol.