Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Hide Tielemans

Let’s not knock Mahrez he’s trying his best at city among a stellar cast. He gave us plenty during his time at Leicester. I for one wish him well as long as he still has love and respect for the foxes.

As for Tielemans it’s looking more and more like we just stumbled upon another absolute gem!

oh how the top 6 big heads must hate it when the foxes keep finding players like him.

saying that I’m sure BR knows that Tielemans is the center piece to his plans and top class creative midfielders are a rare breed. The club needs to do all they can. Pay off his damn agent too! Maybe the fans could ask for a player appreciation day so we can show him the love. if this deal doesn’t get done it and we lose him to spuds, manure, arse or any of the others I’m gonna be really peed off! 

• Like 4

You look at how well he's settled and has fit into our team, do you think he would potentially risk moving to another big team (Monaco were big) and potentially not fit in? 

I think all the settling in and success he's having so far is only going to sway him towards us. He said himself that being at Leicester gives him the potential to be part of something 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Monaco is a pretty horrible place really. It has lots of Ferrari's, but no soul.

Yeah they may have super yachts, a grand prix and cordon blue cookery but we have a boating lake on abbey park  a go-kart track and loads of late night kebab and curry shops so no contest really . Oh and we are only 80 miles to the seaside at skeggie . What more could you want.? 

Seriously though every team that is trying to build something has to start somewhere and hopefully he will see what we are trying to do here and fancy being part of it. I bet kaka wishes he hadn't turned down man city now when they tried to make him their first major signing after the money came rolling in.

3 hours ago, fazzyfox said:

We need to hook him up with a local lass, show him the delights of the Haymarket shopping centre, introduce him to proper crusty cobs and make him aware of the Prince of Punjab Curry and beer combo offer.

Oh s**t he's going. 

Though he's only 21, he's been a father for over two years. Not sure hooking him up with a local lass is the best idea, lol.

3 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Monaco is a pretty horrible place really. It has lots of F...

I thought you were going to say "French".

Edited by Lizhang

1 hour ago, Lizhang said:

Though he's only 21, he's been a father for over two years. Not sure hooking him up with a local lass is the best idea, lol.

I thought you were going to say "French".

I had considered effing tax dodgers, but how many French actually live there? :dunno:

And I've always had my doubts about Prince Albert.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, z-layrex said:

All my mates think he's way too good for Leicester and he'll be going to a massive club in the summer. Hope we prove them wrong. I think people still aren't accepting us as a big club.

The thing is, what makes it more interesting to stay for him is, that the bigger clubs that are after him, know he's not the finished package yet. And he knows they know. So, should he move to United (for argument's sake) he might not play a lot of games (especially when guys like Pogba don't leave). At ManCity, he'd be maybe 3rd or 4th in the pecking order. So, what team could "steal" him (financially), that would be and a better team, and guarantee him he'd play? I also hope he's levelheaded enough to remember where he came from. He already made a leap to Monaco, and was miserable for 18 months. I think/hope he'll value "a good home" over bling. He's only 21, he already makes enough money. Time shouldn't be a factor. It'd be wise to stay at least one more year and confirm his current form. It might help him cement a starting place should he move to a bigger club after that.

Edited by Lizhang

7 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

It makes me more confident! The player looks really happy whenever he is on the pitch and that makes a big difference. People talk about the Monaco to Leicester lifestyle difference but Tielemans has gone on record to say he is a bit of a boring bastard (!) who doesn't really like to go out out and prefers to spend time with his family. Monaco is a millionaire's playground but if you are not a playboy and just a regular football loving guy, then it would be easy to feel out of place there.

I also think that if you compare Monaco (or other teams) to Leicester then we are a club with very few egos and a real family atmosphere. The rumours from Monaco were that Henry created two cliques in the squad, the older players and the younger players, with Tielemans being given the captain's armband as he went with the young guns. This resulted in the older players rebelling and Tielemans was forced out of the club as a result. Jardim felt undermined in having to play him when he didn't like him and wanted it resolved upon returning, and that's how we find ourselves in this amazing timeline of shipping out Silva and having a Premier league superstar come into a struggling team in return. Yes we have vocal figures like Vardy, Kasper and Wes but these guys are hardly egos. I think the fact that Jamie Vardy wore a Spiderman costume to prank Puel in training is testament to that, as was his unselfish pass to Tielemans when on for 100 goals!

Many clubs will be interested but he's settled into the area and team, clearly gets on with the coach and seems to have struck up a real friendship with Maddison. Don't underestimate the value of friendship - if you got paid handsomely to play football with people who are literally your mates then that would be an amazing situation that we would all want to experience.

Anyone experienced the Monaco branch of Morrisons?.. 

This could be a deciding factor in the whole deal. 

• Haha 1

I’d like to think he’d sign for City as he has cemented a place in the first team very quickly, gets on with his team mates, and is wanted by fans and manager alike. He’ll have less pressure on him at City than a top-6 club too, which will help him develop further. We also have the advantage of supplying Monaco with a player doing well for them, so surely it’s a win-win for both clubs.

Moving to another club would represent a risk of him playing second fiddle to an already established first-teamer (although I’ll say quietly I think he has enough talent to play in any team in the league).

Edited by car1os

I am 99.99% confident this deal will go through, and the obvious reason. Silva is performing and the fans love him. The price of Tielemans wont be nearly a high as others imagine so buying him permanently will be simple. Its great to see how happy he is and the fact JM posted on twitter 'SIGN HIM UP' tells me that the players are talking and joking about it, cementing the idea into his head. ;)

Getting into Europe will also aid is massively and i think that's absolutely vital in keeping Maquire and Chilwell. Most of all, i agree from an early post, hes a family man. Hes brought his kids and wife here and i read that hes very much at home and likes the quiiet life, so it works hand in hand really. Aslong as we finish high and provide what he needs, gametime......

Edited by Simoken
  • Like 1

If an elite club come in for him it's going to be really difficult for Yourri to turn that down, that's just a fact of life.

However I'm sure Tielemans has been pleasantly surprised at how much he is enjoying it at Leicester since his loan move. Against Huddersfield there were seven players who started who were 22 or under and a total of nine players out of the fourteen who got some game time were 22 or under. 

I'm sure he looks around at the team and sees players like himself who are very young and highly talented with great futures. there are also older players like Vardy and Schmeichel who are at the top of their game and genuine top class players. He must love playing in this team with Ndidi covering him and doing all the ugly stuff behind him and Maddison alongside him and Vardy always on the move looking to be slotted through. He's come into this team and fitted in like a glove.

Regular football were he is loved here and he's no doubt been impressed with the manager who will play to his strengths and improve him even more. There's a lot to be said in coming here and enjoying your football with lads around the same age as you who are very talented and on the upward curve. You have to think very hard about giving up those sort of conditions to play football in as this might never happen again in your career. 

Hopefully he'll sign for us and give this team a couple of years to match his own ambitions. Another two years of regular PL football under a manager like Brendan Rodgers won't do his career any harm at all. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1