Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Hide Tielemans

Ok everyone - the narrative we're spinning on the Barnes goal is that it wasn't a perfectly threaded and weighted pass by Youri, rather it was very poor defending by Ogbonna. Please take these marching orders with you!

Edited by knitro
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, knitro said:

Ok everyone - the narrative were spinning on the Barnes goal is that it wasn't a perfectly threaded and weighted pass by Youri, rather it was very poor defending by Ogbonna. Please take these marching orders with you!

Plays terrible balls all the time just our players make up for it... at least he gets them in the general direction so just a slight improvement on junior Lewis. 

2 hours ago, knitro said:

Ok everyone - the narrative were spinning on the Barnes goal is that it wasn't a perfectly threaded and weighted pass by Youri, rather it was very poor defending by Ogbonna. Please take these marching orders with you!

He was quiet again today, as he was against Newcastle, and was rather hit and miss. But he's still got "it" as proved not only with the assist but several other killer through balls. Of all of our players he is the one that plays the most incisive killer balls forwards. Maddison is also pretty good, but he tends to play further up the field where Tielemans is the one orchestrating the game when on his A-game. He is the most forward thinking of our players and I love that when you see him play he's constantly instructing players around him what to do - pointing out the man in free space and trying to set the tempo.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

Brilliant ball once again, just wonder sometimes if he is a luxury when things aren't going so well, such as the first half. 

The same could be said about Mahrez or any other flair player. They create something out of nothing and can turn the tide at any moment. Just don't expect them to do it during 90 minutes. That's not how it works. 

Edited by That_Dude
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

And in the Burnley game our winner came from his slightly deflected cross, so almost another assist in that game too. Sorry I'm not helping! :ph34r:

Also in the Newcastle game he played a stunning ball trough for Vardy who fluffed his chance.

8 minutes ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Thankfully he is now seen as a key player for us, which means other sides will try to press him more.

As he isn't really used to that, (I pray) he might take a few games to adjust.

That opens up more space for Maddison,or even Ricardo when he is attacking..

We revel on the potential what we see Tielemans brings,but these last few games even the periods we were poor,I reckon Maddison has started to show his

worth and dynamic..yes he has still got a lot of experience gathering to go through,but this is his first season,and I believe having Tielemans has now opened up

Maddison game and allowed him more scope....I reckon on the home front,we have found a cracker of a player...To develope further at this early stage,is another reason we should try our best to keep Tielemans,his style and character of play,gives individuals and the team a strong platform,besides delivering his own

Positive potential to us and the PL....

• Like 1

On 21/04/2019 at 19:15, That_Dude said:

The same could be said about Mahrez or any other flair player. They create something out of nothing and can turn the tide at any moment. Just don't expect them to do it during 90 minutes. That's not how it works. 

This is the essence of it. And unfortunately no amount of Pringle’s cans can hide that from prying eyes. Tielemans is one of those unicorns that create goals from anywhere, any time, even if they’re silent for 89 minutes. And since it only takes a goal or two to get a result most weeks, that makes him extremely valuable.

Just now, st albans fox said:

Please can we stop the posts in all the threads saying ‘sign him up’

it simply doesn’t need saying !

The clubs are already negotiating..... something may already have been agreed ......

Sigh him up! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, shailen said:

He uses the ball so efficiently further up the field and has a great shot on him. He's the player we need if we want to continue to play a possession game, as he knows how to hurt teams. 

Don't know who you've been watching!?.. 

He's shite and couldn't even get in the Celtic side! 

• Haha 2

Very good display today. Not sure he was MOTM but he was good. He does lose the ball sloppily sometimes (probably why Monaco fans didn't rate him) but what I would say is that he's one of the most forward thinking players we have and sometimes he loses the ball trying to play an incisive pass. And that is to be encouraged because the difference between Rodgers and Puel is that Rodgers has being more aggressive. Scoring with a header was also excellent, as it shows a side of the game I didn't even know he had.

He also tapped the LCFC badge today after scoring! Makes me think the deal has already been done :cool:

Obviously he's still crap and we should only sign him from Monaco out of pity, not because he's a good player. :ph34r:

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 1